Mr. Irrelevant

Bormio

Last pick of the NFL draft was not some total nobody - rather Chad Kelly from Ole Miss.  Beyond the irony of him getting the honor of the last pick after being denied permission to attend the combine with all his off the field problems - could he be the best QB in Denver?

27 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Last pick of the NFL draft was not some total nobody - rather Chad Kelly from Ole Miss.  Beyond the irony of him getting the honor of the last pick after being denied permission to attend the combine with all his off the field problems - could he be the best QB in Denver?

He graduated last year so why was he drafted this year 

16 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

He reportedly has had some issues

welcome to Denver your not in Buffalo anymore ?

No reportedly about it.  He took a swing at Swinney when he was at Clemson (among other things).  He needs to stop thinking he is entitled because of his uncle.  But he has talent.

2 hours ago, Bormio said:

Concur.  Offense is bad, starting with OL and QB.  One of Denver and KC is not making the playoffs, maybe both.

1st Round pick was an OT from Utah. 25-year old (Mormon mission) who was kicked out of 5 schools growing up. Apparently registered a 9 on the Wonderlic. Hmm.

I hope he's at least mean.

16 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

1st Round pick was an OT from Utah. 25-year old (Mormon mission) who was kicked out of 5 schools growing up. Apparently registered a 9 on the Wonderlic. Hmm.

I hope he's at least mean.

Yeah

you definitely wanna recruit meanness from the Mormon missionary pool

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

I think his backstory is a conundrum, to say the least.

Have known a lot of Mormons and, to a person, they're the nicest people ever

have known a couple of mean jack Mormons, though

pray his faith is weak

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Have known a lot of Mormons and, to a person, they're the nicest people ever

have known a couple of mean jack Mormons, though

pray his faith is weak

Lots of Mormons in our area too. Some best friends of our kids growing up, and I agree with your post. Especially the part about the Bronco draft pick's faith. Ha!

Ive taken the Wonderlic. Scored a 31. I really dont think it's possible to finish it with an average 12 seconds per question.

Not exactly a simple test, but if you can only score a 9, you are very lucky you're a great athlete. I believe the mid/upper 20's is "average".

On 4/29/2017 at 10:21 PM, Bormio said:

Concur.  Offense is bad, starting with OL and QB.  One of Denver and KC is not making the playoffs, maybe both.

I thought Denver should have signed Romo and Adrian Peterson, and drafted Dalvin Cook. With their WR's and defense, that would be a Super Bowl Contending team. Now they are stuck with garbage at QB. But Kelly probably is the most talented QB on the roster, but there is no way he is ready yet.

54 minutes ago, 181pl said:

I thought Denver should have signed Romo and Adrian Peterson, and drafted Dalvin Cook. With their WR's and defense, that would be a Super Bowl Contending team. Now they are stuck with garbage at QB. But Kelly probably is the most talented QB on the roster, but there is no way he is ready yet.

Romo could not stay on the field behind Dallas' OL - he would have been dead behind Denver's.

OL's take time to build. Not sure you start it with Mr. Wonderlic. I'd rather have Rod Johnson from FSU and he lasted until the 4th or 5th round. This was NOT a good OL year. The only OL's I would have drafted in the first 5 rounds were, in order:

1. Ramczyk

2. Robinson

3. Lamp

4. Johnson

5. Elfein