Myles Garrett

AztecPadre

9 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I remember in hockey a few years ago a player went to jail for using his stick as a weapon when hitting another player. How is this different ? And the violence with which Garrret ripped off the guys helmet !  At least one year suspension and huge fine. And I say this, that during the game I was rooting for Cleveland  and Garret. No more

BooFuckingHoo.

LOL.

BGW

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

The difference is Rudolph didnt file any charges 

If it was me, I wouldn't file charges against Garret if I didn't suffer any injuries . Now if say, my neck, head  or back was broken, and it hurt my career , then most likely. I just hope NFL does the right thing , and serve the correct justice to the situation. I remember the incident in NBA game in  Detroit years back when Peace On and Jackson went into stands after fan threw  a cup of ice on him as he was stretched out on table. They suspended him real good for that one, but in that situation, I kind of leaned on Peace's side to defend himself because he didn't start the altercation. Still, no excuse and should have controlled himself, and suspension was warranted

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaliNorth said:

If it was me, I wouldn't file charges against Garret if I didn't suffer any injuries . Now if say, my neck, head  or back was broken, and it hurt my career , then most likely. I just hope NFL does the right thing , and serve the correct justice to the situation. I remember the incident in NBA game in  Detroit years back when Peace On and Jackson went into stands after fan threw  a cup of ice on him as he was stretched out on table. They suspended him real good for that one, but in that situation, I kind of leaned on Peace's side to defend himself because he didn't start the altercation. Still, no excuse and should have controlled himself, and suspension was warranted

He got the year suspension. Hell be back next year. No charges. Exactly no injuries no reason for charges. 

1 minute ago, CaliNorth said:

Agree.  I was thinking of Artest, too.  I was 100% fine with him going into the stands.  He unfortunately hit the wrong person.  lol

But you listen to him now, and he's one of the most self-aware dudes.  Very smart guy.  Good heart.  He needed some light meds for a bit probably and insight and coping mechanisms and some behavioral therapy.  He didn't need apologists, many of whom really are saying that some people are incapable of controlling themselves.  I'll say no more, other than that "rationale" is a dehumanizing and patronizing way to view another.

He auctioned his ring for mental-health services in the Queensbridge area where they lack that treatment, and where there's probably a stigma attached to seeking that kind of help.

some of these guys are a simple choice away from bettering or ruining their lives.  Fewer excuses and more help

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StJoesFanboy said:

He should pay a price, and get another chance, IMHO. 

What this guy DOESN'T need are apologists and yes-men who say, hey, it's not all on you, and other bullshit.  He needs to get a lot of grief, so he doesn't screw up again, but we all screw up.

I want to see the guy with another chance, and live a good life.  Forgiveness is where it's at.

Amen brother and good post.  Forgiveness is where it's at but the hokey pokey is what it's all about.  ;)

19 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Not to mention it's a chicken shit coward way to fight.

They're big and tall, self-indulged babies, and most can't fight.

look at what Gracie does to Tamba Hall for fun.

Alzado against Ali was respectable, though.

I know an AA wrestler w/ an NCAA title who gets his ass whooped every time he steps into a boxing ring.