Myles Garrett

AztecPadre

1 hour ago, Moosington said:

Did he truly start it? Garrett definitely threw him down late. Rudolph grabbed at his helmet while on his back and then Garrett picked him up by the face mask and then ripped his helmet off. I guess you could suspend him for then going after Garrett after that? I could see him being a part of the penalty party, but not necessarily suspended. 

Rudolph's role definitely doesn't call for a suspension. At most he committed an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. A fine of $4000 (similar to what Odell got for tangling up with Humphries in the Browns/Ravens game).

I don't blame Pouncey either. The OL always has the QBs back. If they didn't get involved Rudolph may have gotten more than a pop on the head from Garrett.

46 minutes ago, WulfTangClan said:

Rudolph was being dirty, so MG took action. A harsh action yes, but it was a reaction to Rudulph's action that no one seems to be talking about.

But what do I know, yall just go with what the media says anyway. 

Everyone can see that Rudolph grabbed his helmet. Difference is that he let go. That's an Unsportsmanlike penalty and a small fine at most. If Garrett simply would have given him a nice shove on his way up and walked away knowing they got the W, Rudolph would have gotten more shit. No one is talking about it because Garrett's response was so far off the charts that he is getting the negative attention he deserves.  

I see a lot of these sport shows mentioning Myles Garrett's weight. Yes, he's bigger than Mason, but what does that have to do with anything? Mason Rudolph is a grown ass man as well, and when you put yourself in a line of fire, you better expect the worse. They act as if Mason couldn't hurt Myles....lol. But in all honesty, all players who were involved should be punished and of course Myles should be punished the worst. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, rockinl said:

What I find amazing is that anyone can remotely try and excuse this bullshit. Do that on the street and it's straight up aggravated assault. His ass should be banned for good. No place in sports for that crap.

As clearly shown above, Rudolph got physical first.

Now I dont know how many in here have ever played football but I did, and if some shit like this ever happened to me, no telling what I'd do next. You don't take the time to think when you out there and someone is being dirty toward you, all you wanna do is retaliate which is what MG did. In this case, it was a very extreme retaliation. 

And talk about the streets, maybe little Rudolph can get away with that behavior in Rock Hill SC but understand that others come from different backgrounds and aint gonna tolerate certain shit. He obviously tried the wrong one. 

If Garrett was the one initiating everything then I'd have a different take. 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:
Nathan Bergstrom (@NJBergs) Tweeted:
let the record show  ...  Mason Rudolph clearly instigated the helmet contact.    doesn't make it ok for Myles Garrett to react the way he did,   but it sure looks like Rudolph got physical first.

I'd file assault charges. Let his tough ass argue with the court.

Just now, rockinl said:

Bullshit. You don't know the law. Once he got up and off, and free, it's over. 

So now u know what I know and dont ok. Sounds good. 

If you were to hit me I am allowed to defend myself. I wouldn't get locked up for assault. You would be though in this hypothetical situation. So if Rudolph hit first Garrett is allowed to defend himself. 

This is being completely blown out of proportion. As they said on the radio this is selective outrage 

1 hour ago, Moosington said:

Everyone can see that Rudolph grabbed his helmet. Difference is that he let go. That's an Unsportsmanlike penalty and a small fine at most. If Garrett simply would have given him a nice shove on his way up and walked away knowing they got the W, Rudolph would have gotten more shit. No one is talking about it because Garrett's response was so far off the charts that he is getting the negative attention he deserves.  

Actually, during the course of the tackle, Garret was applying a little extra “English”. That is what Rudolph seemed to be responding to.  

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

So now u know what I know and dont ok. Sounds good. 

If you were to hit me I am allowed to defend myself. I wouldn't get locked up for assault. You would be though in this hypothetical situation. So if Rudolph hit first Garrett is allowed to defend himself. 

This is being completely blown out of proportion. As they said on the radio this is selective outrage 

Defending oneself is entirely different than what happened. 

Being angry that someone tried to pull off your helmet in a scuffle and then pursuing them and hitting them in the head with a weapon is not defending oneself.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

Defending oneself is entirely different than what happened. 

Being angry that someone tried to pull off your helmet in a scuffle and then pursuing them and hitting them in the head with a weapon is not defending oneself.

He knows all that. He's just being retarded.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

If you were to hit me I am allowed to defend myself. 

If I pull on your helmet, you are not allowed by law to take off a helmet and hit me in my uncovered head possibly causing serious bodily injury or death. Are you sure you dont understand this concept of force continuum??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Rudolph started it. Had Garrett not retaliated then I feel Rudolph would have been solely in the wrong and ejected/suspended. 

Garrett was excessive in his retaliation and that’s what I feel he is being punished for. But Rudolph isn’t innocent 

This is silly. Rudolph would not have been ejected or suspended for what he did. If he would have pulled the helmet off, they likely would have, but as it was it would just be an unsportsmanlike conduct. 

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

Actually, during the course of the tackle, Garret was applying a little extra “English”. That is what Rudolph seemed to be responding to.  

On the last play of a game that was over.  Garrett should be suspended for stupidity, if nothing else.  The Browns still have a loser’s mentality, don’t understand how winners act.