Myles Garrett

AztecPadre

He probably deserves whatever suspension the league hands down. That being said, Mason Rudolph absolutely instigated the situation. Mess with the bull and you get the horns. 

As a Browns fan, aside from that ugly ending, I loved every second of the physicality of that game. The Steelers have been assaulting Cleveland on the field for better part of two decades now. Feels good to be delivering the hits instead of taking them. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

2 year ban...set the precedent...strong dude like that could have killed the qb

Yeah I’m in agreement here with that. With the crack down on defenseless player in emphasis on helmet to helmet contact. He straight up 245’d Rudolph on his bare melon. If it wasn’t a glancing We could easily be talking about brain damage or a death on the field.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Yeah I’m in agreement here with that. With the crack down on defenseless player in emphasis on helmet to helmet contact. He straight up 245’d Rudolph on his bare melon. If it wasn’t a glancing We could easily be talking about brain damage or a death on the field.

Not to mention, Rudolph was knocked out a few games ago on a hit.  His eyes were closed before he even hit the ground in that game.  Now taking a helmet to your head like that?  So dangerous and wrong in so many ways.  I really hope they come down really hard on him.  No place for that in any sport.  If he had done that on the street, he would be in jail.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, OdbCle said:

He probably deserves whatever suspension the league hands down. That being said, Mason Rudolph absolutely instigated the situation. Mess with the bull and you get the horns.

Agreed. Garrett will obviously miss some time, (possibly the rest of his career) and it would be difficult to argue against whatever penalty is leveled. That said, Rudolph clearly instigated (and escalated again once it started) the scrum. He literally went for Garrett's nutsack twice. He and Pouncey should  probably sit a game or two as well.

56 minutes ago, OdbCle said:

As a Browns fan, aside from that ugly ending, I loved every second of the physicality of that game. The Steelers have been assaulting Cleveland on the field for better part of two decades now. Feels good to be delivering the hits instead of taking them. 

It was good to see the Brownies play such a solid game, for sure. ✌️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

He’s been suspended the rest of the season 

FF70CE86-2EC0-4A28-B036-5E9F5EE9D9D8.jpeg

He'll have time to solidify his love of poetry. Weird. He snapped. If provoked or not, poets don't rip helmets off opposing player's heads and hit them in the head with it. At least, I didn't think poets did that. Pretty sure Robert Frost didn't, or Emily Dickinson. But maybe Edgar Allan Poe did, I guess.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Three games for Pouncey, and One game for Ogunjobi.

Kind of annoying  that Rudolph didn't even get a fine for starting (and escalating) the scrum.

Did he truly start it? Garrett definitely threw him down late. Rudolph grabbed at his helmet while on his back and then Garrett picked him up by the face mask and then ripped his helmet off. I guess you could suspend him for then going after Garrett after that? I could see him being a part of the penalty party, but not necessarily suspended. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moosington said:

Did he truly start it? Garrett definitely threw him down late. Rudolph grabbed at his helmet while on his back and then Garrett picked him up by the face mask and then ripped his helmet off. I guess you could suspend him for then going after Garrett after that? I could see him being a part of the penalty party, but not necessarily suspended. 

Which is why I mentioned the fine. Also, he didn't "grab at" Garrett's helmet. He had both hands on the facemask and tried to torque it off at least twice before Garrett got up.

The play was so stupid.  Last play of a blowout.  Garrett started it by needlessly taking Rudolph to the ground aggressively.  If you want to be a champ, be smart - Garrett acted like a fool.  Browns were head-hunting all night.  The most egregious was the hit on the 2nd concussed WR.  That ass needs to be sat a while as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Which is why I mentioned the fine. Also, he didn't "grab at" Garrett's helmet. He had both hands on the facemask and tried to torque it off at least twice before Garrett got up.

Hmmm, I guess I missed the both hands on the face mask. From what I've seen it looks like he was pulling at the back of the helmet at least with one hand, can't really see the other, so maybe that was on the face mask. Difference is that he let go fairly quickly and the helmet never came off. He might get fined due to the optics of the situation, but I won't be surprised at all if he doesn't. Moot point, I suppose, as Garrett's actions overshadowed everything else. 

1 hour ago, OdbCle said:

Glad you are happy.  Browns wanted to “intimidate” the Steelers.  Succeeded.  Cost them their best player for the rest of this year and probably a chunk of next year.

The initial takedown was not that bad. Didn’t drive him into the ground or go for the head or go too low. Simply dragged him down. Ref wasn’t even reaching for a flag at that point. But we’ve all become so sensitive to any touching of the QB that people are claiming it was a dirty hit. It wasn’t. 

Rudolph reacted to it as he did because of the shit game he was having. No way he reacts that way if that happens first play of the game. But because his frustrations had boiled over, he torques Garrett’s face mask and tries to rip it off. Still frames out there to support this. He then kicks towards the groin and pursues Garrett. He has to be held accountable for his actions as well. A game would be appropriate. 

Rudolph was being dirty, so MG took action. A harsh action yes, but it was a reaction to Rudulph's action that no one seems to be talking about.

But what do I know, yall just go with what the media says anyway.