1st Rd of Pick Em Playoff Scores

ECHS05

38 minutes ago, Texasball said:

They scored 36-0 finish to that game.  Kicked 4 consecutive onside kicks and recovered 3 of them.  They nearly caught the one they didn’t get on the high bounce and seriously could have scored if caught on that one.

Great comeback.  Sounds like there were a lot of unlikely plays that went DG way in the 2nd half.  That's football.

• Thanks 1

Here are my picks copied from page two of the locked thread...

1st Round of Pick Em Playoff Games:

Chandler AZ 

Saguaro AZ

Mater Dei CA 

St. John Bosco CA 

St. John's DC

Lakeland FL

Miami Northwestern FL

St. Louis HI

East St. Louis IL

Don Bosco Prep NJ

Mentor OH 

Elder OH 

Dutch Fork SC 

Byrnes SC 

Southlake Carroll TX

Allen TX

Denton Guyer TX 

Corner Canyon UT

Muskego WI

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Here are my picks copied from page two of the locked thread...

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

1st Round of Pick Em Playoff Games:

Chandler AZ 

Saguaro AZ

Mater Dei CA 

St. John Bosco CA 

St. John's DC

Lakeland FL

Miami Northwestern FL

St. Louis HI

East St. Louis IL

Don Bosco Prep NJ

Mentor OH 

Elder OH 

Dutch Fork SC 

Byrnes SC 

Southlake Carroll TX

Allen TX

Denton Guyer TX 

Corner Canyon UT

Muskego WI

Yeah I was looking at the wrong thing.  

What the hell... Can't really trust the scorestream app whole heartedly. That thing is wacky at times. At one point it had Chandler up 40 to 16. Turns out the final was 24 to 16 for Chandler. 

Looks like Saguaro wins 20 to 16 after holding Hamilton on the Saguaro 9 for a turnover on downs then Saguaro takes a knee to close it out. 

A couple of nice games over there. 

I am 15-3 on the week with 1 game to play-  going to end up in tie with @Columbiafan after he posted his picks 15 min after me - going with same teams except for 2 games.  (I am wondering if he did that on purpose) probably pretty good strategy if he did.  So I waited and went  back and changed 2 games that I was on the fence with

I first changed by Lakeland Pick to Armwood - He took Lakeland

the 2nd game I changed was St. Edwards to Mentor - He had taken mentor

so after I did this we still had 2 games different and it was good thing that I made the changes or he would have beat me 

I need new strategy for posting my picks next week.

2 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I am 15-3 on the week with 1 game to play-  going to end up in tie with @Columbiafan after he posted his picks 15 min after me - going with same teams except for 2 games.  (I am wondering if he did that on purpose) probably pretty good strategy if he did.  So I waited and went  back and changed 2 games that I was on the fence with

so after I did this we still had 2 games different and it was good thing that I made the changes or he would have beat me 

Stop posting them in the thread and PM them to THS. Ive said this multiple times.

13 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I think Chandler vs Saguaro is a game HSFB fans have wanted to see for a while. Theyve each dominated their respective classes over the years, and now they are put in an Open bracket, & both advance to face each other in the State Title game.

I know these final 4 teams in Arizona are good programs.  However, I personally believe the level of play is down in Arizona this particular year.  

55 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Not exactly, most of them were obvious picks to me but I will admit I glanced at your picks but only because I was curious what picks were gonna be decisive in whether or not I win the matchup and I decided to directly pick against you on picks I felt I could get a win on

It's hardly the first time someone using that strategy, nor is it against the rules. Besides it's 1 seed vs 16, I been slipping in late weeks so i felt i needed to take a different approach in playoffs to give me a chance to advance but you won fair and square 

Congratulations on advancing to second round 

• Thanks 1