GA Quarterfinal Games To Watch

ECHS05

7 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

It must be because Hunnicutt allowed it because it isnt happening this year. Or if it is, it isnt affecting their play.

I know you won't believe it because you never cared for Hunnicutt and want to lay it all at his feet but he was hamstrung pretty severely with what he could and couldn't do.  To be sure, some of it he brought on himself but no where near the majority.

15 hours ago, Fred said:

I know you won't believe it because you never cared for Hunnicutt and want to lay it all at his feet but he was hamstrung pretty severely with what he could and couldn't do.  To be sure, some of it he brought on himself but no where near the majority.

So youre saying its not that way for Adam Carter? Why did it all the sudden change? And why do you guys keep making excuses for Hunnicutt?

Hes now the HC at Villa Rica...

Villa Ricas worse record in the last 36 years is 2-8,  and thats happened just 3 times in that time span.... 1 of those being this year with Hunnicutt. Hes simply not a Head Coach. Maybe a good OL coach, but he shouldnt be a HC.

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

So youre saying its not that way for Adam Carter? Why did it all the sudden change? And why do you guys keep making excuses for Hunnicutt?

Hes now the HC at Villa Rica...

Villa Ricas worse record in the last 36 years is 2-8,  and thats happened just 3 times in that time span.... 1 of those being this year with Hunnicutt. Hes simply not a Head Coach. Maybe a good OL coach, but he shouldnt be a HC.

His NFL sized OL got absolutely worked by Colquitt last year, so even that is debatable.

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

So youre saying its not that way for Adam Carter? Why did it all the sudden change? 

How do you know anything changed?! 

Grayson is going to finish the year 2-2 (.500) against the four good teams they’ve played this season  

Grayson has played three teams with a pulse so far: They beat Marietta by 14, they lost to Colquitt by 24, and they needed a last minute touchdown drive followed by a blocked field goal in overtime to beat Archer by three

I mean, ECHS told us over and over that Marietta was better than Grayson and that game a fluke because of the weather delay and interceptions... etc

So you feel they should’ve gone 1-3 against quality teams this season. What exactly changed? Hunnitcutt beat Marietta and Archer last year while losing to Colquitt. He was also eliminated by Lowndes last season. 

Again, exactly what has changed?  

6 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

How do you know it did....? Grayson is going to finish the year 2-2 (.500) against the four good teams they’ve played this season  

Grayson has played three teams with a pulse this season: They beat Marietta by 14, they lost to Colquitt by 24, and they needed a last minute touchdown drive plus a blocked field goal in overtime to beat Archer

I mean, you told us over and over that Marietta was better than Grayson and that game a fluke because of the weather delay and interceptions... etc

So you feel they should’ve gone 1-3 against quality teams this season. What exactly changed? Hunnitcutt beat Marietta and Archer last year while losing to Colquitt. He was eliminated by Lowndes last season. 

Again, exactly what has changed?  

The talent.

Grayson lost an IMMENSE amount of talent last year. Give the current coach that team & he wins state with a running clock. Give a coach like Rush Propst that talent and 2019 Mater Dei would face a running clock.

I expected a pretty big drop this year for Grayson... But they appear to be just as good or a little better than last year.

Marietta is much better this season than last, & they still managed a W. Fluke or not.... They beat a better team by more this year, with less talent... Thats coaching.

11 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

They beat a better team by more this year, with less talent... Thats coaching.

Grayson was beating Marietta 35-0 on the road in the second half last year before playing 10th graders. They were very lucky and hit multiple onside kicks in a row. Again if you watched the games and stopped checking box scores you’d see that. 

Hunnicutt wasn’t a good HC. But nothing has shown me Carter is yet either 

AB739C3F-0EB3-4F0F-9089-FAD68114965E.jpeg

2 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Grayson was beating Marietta 35-0 on the road in the second half last year before playing 10th graders. Again if you watched the games and stopped checking box scores you’d see that. 

Not sure what to make of the results from Colquitt vs. Grayson, then Grayson vs. Marietta, Colquitt vs. North Gwinnett, then North vs. everyone else. 

Just a crazy year. 

Was Colquitt/Grayson the battle of the tallest midget as far as coaching goes? 

Curious what everyone elses take is on these crazy results. 

15 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Not sure what to make of the results from Colquitt vs. Grayson, then Grayson vs. Marietta, Colquitt vs. North Gwinnett, then North vs. everyone else. 

Just a crazy year. 

Was Colquitt/Grayson the battle of the tallest midget as far as coaching goes? 

Curious what everyone elses take is on these crazy results. 

Well, Colquitt is better than Grayson. I believe that to be fact. Not just the four touchdown victory, but going position by position group Colquitt is superior and I’d take their kids over Grayson’s kids in 2019. Colquitt played an awful second half on both sides of the ball with little adjustments made by Rogers and ultimately that’s what led to their elimination last Friday

North Gwinnett may have gone through what our De La Salle fans call hyper-improvement. It’s kinda crazy to think Colquitt held them to 6 points and gave up 50 to Valdosta two weeks later but that’s football, yo. 

Marietta has recruited elite talent at the right positions to be successful.  Morgan can also coach pretty well, so that’s helped. Bailey threw 4 interceptions against Grayson. There was the two hour weather delay. Game finished well after midnight. Blah blah blah we can use all the excuses.  

But like our buddy Fred has previously alluded to, if you pressure Bailey up the middle like Grayson and McEachern were able to do, like any HS quarterback, their offense will struggle to move the ball. That’s the key to shutting them down. Taking away Gilbert the first look and pressuring up the middle is key.  (not around the outside where he’ll just step up and make the throw. Bailey has some Joe Burrow in him)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Grayson was beating Marietta 35-0 on the road in the second half last year before playing 10th graders. Again if you watched the games and stopped checking box scores you’d see that. 

Carter has done as much, with much less talent.

You think I didnt see Marietta vs Grayson?  Another move proving how stupid Hunnicut is to put in 10 graders vs a team that could put up points in a hurry. Although I dont remember seeing any 10th graders.

Im not saying Carter is great but hes better than Hunnicutt. 

Sounds like you are pulling a Los and arguing just to argue because your points arent real points. 

Not sure if you noticed, but Villa Rica took a nose dive this year also under H-cutt.

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

You think I didnt see Marietta vs Grayson?  Another move proving how stupid Hunnicut is to put in 10 graders vs a team that could put up points in a hurry. Although I dont remember seeing any 10th graders.

No, I don’t. Because we had to explain this same very game to you last year as well. 

You don't remember seeing backup players in a 35-0 ass kicking with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter? 

And you’re sure you watched it? LOL okay

TOP HALF of the GHSA playoff brackets won the universal coin toss for the semifinal rounds. It’s unfortunate the top two teams in 3A, 4A, and 6A are squaring off in the quarterfinals tomorrow. My predicted winners = * 

7A
Lowndes*/Grayson will host the winner of North Gwinnett*/McEachern.

Marietta*/Mill Creek will host the winner of Parkview*/Archer. 
———————
6A
Dacula/Lee County* will host the winner of Harrison*/Houston County 

Allatoona/Coffee* will host the winner of Richmond Hill/Valdosta*
——————————
5A
Jones County*/Griffin will host the winner of Buford*/Carrollton

Warner Robins*/Clarke Central will host the winner of Stars Mill/Dutchtown*
——————————
4A 
Marist*/Oconee will host the winner of Sandy Creek*/Madison County 

Woodward Academy*/Cartersville will host the winner of Blessed Trinity*/West Laurens
—————————————-
3A 
Cedar Grove*/Peach County will host the winner of Hart County*/Greater Atlanta Christian

Jefferson/Crisp County* will host the winner of North Murray*/Jenkins

16 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Maybe because I'm closer to the situation than you?  Maybe because to fully explain it would betray confidences?  Maybe because I choose not to trash people.  Maybe because the people involved are no longer involved?  Maybe because it wouldn't change anything?  What's done is done.  Coach brought some on himself, some was put on him. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

... and they needed a last minute touchdown drive followed by a blocked field goal in overtime to beat Archer by three

I never have understood the disdain for last minute scores.  The game is 48 minutes, not 47:30.  A score is a score no matter when in the game.  This wasn't a blowout with a garbage score against the ninth graders.  Both teams had their best in to the bitter end.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fred said:

I never have understood the disdain for last minute scores.  The game is 48 minutes, not 47:30.  A score is a score no matter when in the game.  This wasn't a blowout with a garbage score against the ninth graders.  Both teams had their best in to the bitter end.

It was a REALLY good drive by Dixon honestly. Probably his best of the season 😏

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Fred!! 

• Thanks 1

The talent.

Grayson lost an IMMENSE amount of talent last year. Give the current coach that team & he wins state with a running clock. Give a coach like Rush Propst that talent and 2019 Mater Dei would face a running clock.

I expected a pretty big drop this year for Grayson... But they appear to be just as good or a little better than last year.

Marietta is much better this season than last, & they still managed a W. Fluke or not.... They beat a better team by more this year, with less talent... Thats coaching.

I call this bullshit.

• Thanks 1

The talent.

They couldn't put a running clock on a no talent Vista Murrieta. 

4 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Dangerously close! :D up 26-0 after three if I recall. Only four points from the running clock. And that was a 4 loss Colquitt team 😏

I do agree though, Propst wouldn’t have had that Grayson team winning state last year. Kids weren’t bought in and they weren’t the best team 

That was a 7 loss Murrieta team.

26 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

That was losing 26-0 after three. What’s the issue? 

ECHS and I were discussing Grayson. I don’t even understand how Colquitt’s 2017 season factored into this.  

You dont see? He is stating that a Colquitt County team, coached by Propst, with talent would put a running clock on Bryce Young and the Monarchs. Now we wont know this because that game is not gonna happen.  However,  we do know that a Colquitt County team coached by Propst could not put a running clock on a much lesser talented team in Vista Murrieta.  Let me add to that Propst team was close to winning the GA state title. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, old_e said:

You dont see? He is stating that a Colquitt County team, coached by Propst, with talent would put a running clock on Bryce Young and the Monarchs. Now we wont know this because that game is not gonna happen.  However,  we do know that a Colquitt County team coached by Propst could not put a running clock on a much lesser talented team in Vista Murrieta.  Let me add to that Propst team was close to winning the GA state title. 

WOW.  I had no idea he even said that. Completely missed it. LOL Good grief. Dude had to be hitting the bottle on turkey day. I thought he claimed they’d win state (which I thought was a stretch) but didn’t even register the Mater Dei bit (how silly) 

Georgia doesn’t have a team that would beat Mater Dei the last few years. Neither does 48 other states, it is what it is  

Bryce Young is a future TTown Legend. No one is putting a running clock on him. Roll Tide and Roll BY 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

WOW.  I had no idea he even said that. Completely missed it. LOL Good grief. Dude had to be hitting the bottle on turkey day. I thought he claimed they’d win state (which I thought was a stretch) but didn’t even register the Mater Dei bit (how silly) 

Georgia doesn’t have a team that would beat Mater Dei the last few years. Neither does 48 other states, it is what it is  

Bryce Young is a future TTown Legend. No one is putting a running clock on him. Roll Tide and Roll BY 

Damn,  I still can't believe he switched to Alabama. 

Boys and Gals,

I said a dozen times if not a million times... the coach is not the sole reason nor the QB... However the ax falls where it falls because it's way it's done.

I have seen a IMMENSELY talented team up close get taken out because of the issues periphery... helicopter parents, daddyball, "advisors" etc., implode.

Some on the spectrum obsess, and obsess they do and pretty good at numbers I may add.😁

Regards,

BGW

• Haha 1

On 11/29/2019 at 12:02 AM, Fred said:

Maybe because I'm closer to the situation than you?  Maybe because to fully explain it would betray confidences?  Maybe because I choose not to trash people.  Maybe because the people involved are no longer involved?  Maybe because it wouldn't change anything?  What's done is done.  Coach brought some on himself, some was put on him. 

Good God, THANK YOU Fred!!! Happy Thanksgiving and may Christmas bless you in every way!

The very definition of obtuse that one is.

Regards,

BGW

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1