GA Quarterfinal Games To Watch

ECHS05

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Why you think that? 

Grayson moved the ball at will on Lowndes. In my opinion, North Gwinnett will be able to run the ball on the Viking defense due their LB and best defensive player being injured and are more than capable of exploiting the Vikings secondary.

North Gwinnett has the defense to neutralize the Viking run game and I'm not sold on Lowndes being able to win the game thru the air.

Lowndes has benefitted from their opponents turning the ball over and North Gwinnett does a good job of protecting the ball.

Lastly, I think North Gwinnett has the better coaching staff, and Randy Mac will choke at least once during the season. That time comes Friday night.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Grayson moved the ball at will on Lowndes. In my opinion, North Gwinnett will be able to run the ball on the Viking defense due their LB and best defensive player being injured and are more than capable of exploiting the Vikings secondary.

North Gwinnett has the defense to neutralize the Viking run game and I'm not sold on Lowndes being able to win the game thru the air.

Lowndes has benefitted from their opponents turning the ball over and North Gwinnett does a good job of protecting the ball.

Lastly, I think North Gwinnett has the better coaching staff, and Randy Mac will choke at least once during the season. That time comes Friday night.

Bold statement right here. With that being said, who do you have winning it all? I'm leaning towards Marietta at this point. 

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Bold statement right here. With that being said, who do you have winning it all? I'm leaning towards Marietta at this point. 

I'm not sure who wins it all. I think all teams remaining have about equal chances. Right now, Marietta, Parkview, and North are playing their best football. Lowndes is hanging in there, but I just don't see them finishing the drill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Lowndes is hanging in there, but I just don't see them finishing the drill.

How is Lowndes hanging in there? Seems to me they had one tough result all year and now everyone is backing off. They struggled with an 11-1 GRAYSON, not East Coweta. 

Last three games entering Grayson: 

Lowndes beat Colquitt by two touchdowns 
Lowndes beat Hillgrove by five touchdowns 
Lowndes beat Norcross by five touchdowns

This last Friday after playing one of their worst games of the season, fumbling BOTH a kickoff and punt return inside their own 20, they STILL won by eight. When they game got close 14-13 in the second half, they marched down the field and scored two touchdowns on back to back drives. Led 28-13. In total control with seven minutes left. They were getting the ball back after two touchdown drives before muffing the punt. While the defense gave up 400 yards, definitely the most they allowed this season, they only allowed two touchdowns in 48 minutes. Grayson scored on a 40 yard bomb on the final offensive snap of the half and a 19 yard TD drive in the 4th quarter. That’s it, Lowndes defense rose to the occasion way more times than not. Forcing field goals isn’t a fluke, it’s good defense, which they’ve shown all year. 

All Lowndes has to do Friday is play their best. Play better than they played last week and this will be a winnable game. North Gwinnett lost to Colquitt by two touchdowns and won in double overtime over Armwood. A quality and best win of the season at McEachern (14-0 at halftime, won 32-12) Good win but we all knew McEachern wasn’t going to win state (they’ve never played for a state championship in school history) McEachern scored under 20 points THREE times this season (19, 14, and 13). Under 30 points in FIVE games. They’re NOT Lowndes. Not nearly as good at what they do on offense than Lowndes is at what they do 

North Gwinnett has three wins in 13 games over teams better than .500. Just three. It’s December  

The Lowndes hate after Friday across the state is crazy. 

North Gwinnett has played one of the worst schedules in Georgia 7A. It’s easy to blow teams out that suck

Wins over:  
Duluth - 9 losses  
Peachtree Ridge - 8 losses 
Discovery - 8 losses 
Walton - 6 losses 
Norcross - 6 losses 
Mountain View - 6 losses 
Collins Hill - 5 losses 
Shiloh - 5 losses 
Mill Creek- 3 losses 
Armwood- 2 losses
McEachern- 1 loss  

Their best three games this year:
Good win at McEachern
double overtime win over Armwood
Two touchdown loss vs Colquitt

Three wins over teams with a winning record. Two wins against top 10 teams in 13 games. That’s their entire resume. 

I'm certainly not folding up on Lowndes, but, the short daisy chain gives me pause.

Lowndes beat Colquitt by two tds (Colquitt with muffed punts and short punts contributing js)

Colquitt blew Grayson out

Lowndes struggled against Grayson. Period. Now, they finished the drill, but, it's certainly a troubling result with North Gwinnett who Colquitt just squeezed by coming in. 

At the end of the day, I'm probably going with Lowndes, but, I do have to go hmmm about it. 

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

NGs 2019 opponents W/L Record is 84-66. Not that bad. There are many other ranked teams with much worse. 

There are nationally ranked teams with a worse schedule than beating: 9 loss team, 8 loss team, 8 loss team, 6 loss team, 6 loss team, 6 loss team, 5 loss team, 5 loss team? 

... who?