Whiteshoes Top 100 - December 2

whiteshoes

52 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Male is legit this year. They could lose to Trinity this weekend (rivalry rematch), but I doubt it. Trinity is borderline top 100 (90-110). You keep referencing Indy Cathedral and how they whipped Trinity, but Trinity also whipped Carmel 41-14. Cathedral beat Ctr Grove 14-9. Carmel also beat Ctr Grove (twice) by a similar margin. So, was Cathedral thumping Trinity like they did a fluke or was Trinity overwhelming Carmel the fluke? Which one do you go with? Personally, the Indianapolis and two Louisville schools are all about even this year, with Male and New Palestine a step above. 
Also, Covington Catholic stomped LaSalle, who beat both Elder and St. X and is playing for a state title this weekend. How do you rank all those teams????

To put a few things into perspective here, for one, Carmel was a lot better at the end of the season.    If they played Trinity again this weekend, the outcome would be, in my opinion, a lot closer.    Secondly, Cathedral was very good this season.    A good barometer for them is the games with Elder and St. Xavier.   Both games went down to the wire.    As stated Cathedral was very good against Trinity as well.    Secondly, New Palestine was the best team in Indiana this season.    I held back ranking them earlier due to the fact that they are a 5A team which is our second division.    However, after the 35-10 win over the aforementioned Cathedral, it was apparent that they were amongst the best teams in the country.    One thing to keep in mind in that game is that Cathedral led 10-7 at half but were dominated in the second half.     Also, I agree with you on Covington Catholic and am interested in seeing the outcome of their game against a very good Frederick Douglass team this weekend.     One final thought on your comment, keep an eye on Center Grover, they are young and have some very good underclassman including a sophomore lineman named Curry who dominated the Carmel game on the defensive side of the ball. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StJoesFanboy said:

I should have responded to him or something like that.  I confused things.

Your poll is very good, too.

See my 1 nit above.  Ace the Ky teams.

SPP is top 50.

Bosco is top 75.

Joes is top 100.

No matter who wins out of Male v Trinity Ky, we'll put that one at 100 or 101.  I like Ky, as I'm sure they voted for Pres. Trump, but that only carries so much favor.  The state is pretty poor this year.  How this poll above has 4 Ky teams in it is indefensible.  1 is tough enough to justify.  Cathedral and Ohio X could beat any team in that state.

Covington Catholic beat Lasalle 24 to 0 this year.  Lasalle won the GCL.  Covington Catholic has the no.1 TE in the country.  He's going to ND so he's the No. 1 TE in the country in my eyes.  There is another KY team that would never get discussed on here buy they are top 3 in Kentucky this season Boyle Co.  Not lacking talent on that squad either.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

It’s not all about 5/4* players. It helps, but it’s not everything. Not every all-star will roll through the schedule with ease either. Their are usually one or two letdowns throughout the year (ie DuPont with Male). You can’t ding a team for ONE close game. The entire season is what has to be encompassed. 

Male and Manual is a bigger rivalry than Trinity and Male.  You would have to be from Kentucky to know that.

20 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

I can pick out 5-10 teams in any poll and find a way to make them look bad. It doesn’t take a genius to do that. You’re not that intelligent, Guzzler. So, quit trying to act like you are. Instead, muster up some courage and put out your own poll or compete in one of the Pick’ems. That way you’ll have SOME ground to stand on. 

You think that Chippewa Valley is worthy because you suck at this. You think that Oakland is legit because you don't know what you're talking about. You think that Muskegon is worthy because you're clueless.

You don't somehow figure it all out when you're doing pick 'em.

I didn't make any of those teams look bad. They just were, in fact, bad and then they proved it.

The fact that you didn't see any of them coming is proof, again, that you're shit at this stuff.

• Thumbs Down 1

26 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I'm calling you out on specific teams and nailing them.

Yet because I don't do the pick 'em or put out a fraudulent poll some idiot think it means I lack a pair.

You're small-time and small-minded.

That's why you cling to polls and pick 'ems.

It's pitiful.

Shit talking troll, Blocks brother from another mother🤪

24 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Covington Catholic beat Lasalle 24 to 0 this year.  Lasalle won the GCL.  Covington Catholic has the no.1 TE in the country.  He's going to ND so he's the No. 1 TE in the country in my eyes.  There is another KY team that would never get discussed on here buy they are top 3 in Kentucky this season Boyle Co.  Not lacking talent on that squad either.

I went thru the key teams, their wins and losses, their players, the states' players, key-team rankings, their SOSs, etc.

It's all gone.  It was logical, easy to understand--whatever.  It's gone.  And I'm glad, because it reminds me that to some extent this is make-believe.

The bottom line would have been they are too insular to evaluate with certainty, but by the best objective standards one can muster (leaving aside the valuable but malleable eye-ball test), losing to 3-loss Cathedral (Cath) wasn't a good look for Trinity Ky, and beating 3-loss Carmel wasn't even close to a signature win. 

Cath beat Center Grove (CG or C Grove) by 5 points.  Beating 6-loss C Grove (CG) is no big deal. 

680-ranked, 4-loss North Central (N Cent)  beat 6-loss CG and beat 3-loss Carmel.  Carmel beat 6-loss CG 2x by 3 and 6 points.

Besides losing to Trinity Ky, and 680-ranked N. Cent, Carmel also lost to Ben Davis, which has 5 losses.  So, 2 of Carmel's 3 losses were not good, to say the least.

Carmel's 2 wins over 6-loss CG were too close--by 3 and 6.  and again, 6-loss CG lost to 680-ranked N Cent.  Etc.  So, how is beating Carmel a big deal?  Both Cathedral and Carmel are very suspect in non-powerhouse states.

You guys are smart and know those states; I don't need to lay it out.

44 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

I can pick out 5-10 teams in any poll and find a way to make them look bad. It doesn’t take a genius to do that. You’re not that intelligent, Guzzler. So, quit trying to act like you are. Instead, muster up some courage and put out your own poll or compete in one of the Pick’ems. That way you’ll have SOME ground to stand on. 

and I know I'm doing the same thing on the surface, but not to undermine the entire polls.  I'm saying your and Whiteshoes' polls are good.  Just some constructive input.

5 hours ago, StJoesFanboy said:

rookie error.  servite has 4 respectable losses

I'm looking at my favorite team--Trinity Ky.  To me, teams like that are virtually impossible to rank, due to the absence of common opponents and of strong in-state competition.  If Moeller weren't 2-8, you might use that win as a good gauge, but you can't.

Beating Warren 17-14, doesn't look too good.  Besides Trinity Ky, Warren has 3 other losses to Davis (8-5) ranked 455; Carmel (11-3) ranked 114; and Center Grove (8-6) ranked 245.  and i seriously doubt those computer MaxPrep rankings for some mid-western states.  it's incestuous--they all play each other in a virtually-impenetrable bubble.

Trinity Ky loses to Male in a close one (and Male's played no one), and to 28-7 to 9-3 Cathedral (ranked 140 by MaxPreps which I don't buy).  Cathedral is unranked by you.  Cathedral lost to Elder (12-2), St. X Ohio (9-3), and New Palestine 35-10.  Ohio X is unranked by you.  You have New Palestine ranked at 82.  (I don't think that they could beat Lakeland at 84.  Armwood at 81 I have a feeling would throttle New Pal.  And again, Servite's at 83.) 

So, New Pal at 82 spanked unranked-by-you Cathedral, which easily beat Trinity Ky by 21, and Trinity Ky is ranked by you at 61.  Do you think Trinity Ky could beat Lakeland and Armwood?  Trinity Ky couldn't even give unranked Cathedral a game.

Besides Trinity Ky, the only team maybe of substance that Male played was Dupont (9-3) ranked 1,458 which Male won 22-21.  You have Male at 24.  Male can beat Lakeland and Armwood?

Covington Catholic (CC) at 65?  They at home beat by 1 point Lexington Catholic (LC) 38-37, and LC is 7-5, ranked 2,181.

CC beat Highlands 13-0, and Highlands is 6-5, ranked 2,576.  If I were to want a 65 rank, I'd do more than beat the 2,576-ranked team by 13 and the 2,181-ranked team by 1, as my "big wins."

If CC had played anyone of merit, I would have looked at those games, but they didn't--so, I'm stuck.  But beating unimpressively LC and Highlands doesn't make CC look like a 65 team.

Bosco and Joes played St F, SJB, Serra, and Gonzaga, and those teams in turn played other relevant teams.  So, you can get a some kind of bead on them, and then punish them for taking risks and playing hard teams.

Ky and Ind???  Ranked too highly?  And you really can't rank teams that w/hold data--meaning, they don't play real teams.

I'm gonna take a look at Fred Douglas at 99.  You can start to see the issues here, but again, it's beyond even a Herculean feat to rank 16,000 teams.

I'm sorry I missed the LaSalle win by CC.  If I noticed it, I must have assumed it wasn't Ohio's LaSalle or mistakenly not thought LaSalle was worthwhile.

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

It’s not all about 5/4* players. It helps, but it’s not everything. Not every all-star will roll through the schedule with ease either. Their are usually one or two letdowns throughout the year (ie DuPont with Male). You can’t ding a team for ONE close game. The entire season is what has to be encompassed. 

I agree but it doesn't appear that those same standards and exceptions are applied the same way to NJ.

1 NJ team.  4 Ky teams.

NJ is a much-more talented state than either Ky or Ind.  NJ tends to be known for its coaching and hard work and OOS wins, unlike other states that are much-more loaded than NJ, yet don't seem to play to their potentials.

I appreciate your efforts.

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

You think that Chippewa Valley is worthy because you suck at this. You think that Oakland is legit because you don't know what you're talking about. You think that Muskegon is worthy because you're clueless.

I didn't make any of those teams look bad. They just were, in fact, bad and then they proved it.

The fact that you didn't see any of them coming is proof, again, that you're shit at this stuff.

Oh, because I missed out on a few teams out of 100 makes me incompetent? You’re the idiot if you think someone can nail a poll 100%. You really need help, Guzzler. 

50 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

and I know I'm doing the same thing on the surface, but not to undermine the entire polls.  I'm saying your and Whiteshoes' polls are good.  Just some constructive input.

I always enjoy constructive criticisms. I’m sure Whiteshoes does as well. Trust me, neither one of is offended.

My poll has 2 KY and 3 NJ teams in the top 100. As far as states go NJ (as a whole) has WAY more depth than KY. Most years the big 4 from the BNU are in the top 100. This year Bergen Cath fell off a bit. 

10 hours ago, whiteshoes said:

1.       Bellflower (CA) St. John Bosco (12-1)

2.       Duncanville (TX) (13-0)

3.       Santa Ana (CA) Mater Dei (12-1)

4.       Baltimore (MD) St. Frances Academy (10-1)

5.       Fort Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas (13-0)

6.       Bradenton (FL) IMG Academy (9-1)

7.       Honolulu (HI) St. Louis (12-0)

8.       Valdosta (GA) Lowndes (13-0)

9.       Concord (CA) De La Salle (12-1)

10.   Houston (TX) North Shore (12-1)

11.   Irmo (SC) Dutch Fork (13-0-1)

12.   Philadelphia (PA) St. Joseph Prep (11-2)

13.   Southlake (TX) Carroll (13-0)

14.   Chandler (AZ) (12-0)

15.   Draper Corner (UT) Canyon (14-0)

16.   Marietta (GA) (11-2)

17.   Katy (TX) (12-1)

18.   Suwanee (GA) North Gwinnett (12-1)

19.   Massillon (OH) Washington (14-0)

20.   Miami (FL) Northwestern (12-2)

21.   Allen (TX) (11-1)

22.   Olney (MD) Our Lady of Good Counsel (9-3)

23.   Phenix City (AL) Central (12-1)

24.   Louisville (KY) Male (14-0)

25.   Denton (TX) Ryan (13-0)

26.   Lilburn (GA) Parkview (12-1)

27.   Baton Rouge (LA) Catholic (12-0)

28.   Norman Park (GA) Colquitt County (9-3)

29.   Washington (DC) St. Johns (7-5)

30.   Charlotte (NC) Mallard Creek (10-1-1)

31.   Pickerington (OH) Central (13-1)

32.   Mission Viejo (CA) (11-1)

33.   Scottsdale (AZ) Saguaro (11-1)

34.   Washington (DC) Gonzaga (8-3)

35.   Aledo (TX) (12-1)

36.   Frankfort (IL) Lincoln-Way East (14-0)

37.   Owasso (OK) (12-0)

38.   Mentor (OH) (13-1)

39.   Jersey City (NJ) St. Peters Prep (11-1)

40.   East St. Louis (IL) (14-0)

41.   Austin (TX) Lake Travis (12-1)

42.   Maryville (TN) (14-0)

43.   Akron (OH) Archbishop Hoban (11-2)

44.   Rockingham (NC) Richmond (13-0)

45.   Metairie (LA) Archbishop Rummel (12-0)

46.   Denton (TX) Guyer (12-1)

47.   Bryant (AR) (12-0)

48.   Hyattsville (MD) DeMatha (7-4)

49.   Lakewood (OH) St. Edward (11-2)

50.   Austin (TX) Westlake (12-1)

51.   Cincinnati (OH) Elder (12-2)

52.   Charlotte (NC) Myers Park (12-1)

53.   Loganville (GA) Grayson (11-2)

54.   Corona (CA) Centennial (9-3)

55.   St. Louis (MO) DeSmet Jesuit (14-0)

56.   Seattle (WA) O’Dea (12-0)

57.   Powder Springs (GA) McEachern (12-1)

58.   Las Vegas (NV) Bishop Gorman (11-2)

59.   Bixby (OK) (12-0)

60.   Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (12-2)

61.   Louisville (KY) Trinity (12-2)

62.   Honolulu (HI) Punahou (10-2)

63.   Fresno (CA) Central (13-0)

64.   Sammamish (WA) Eastside Catholic (11-1)

65.   Park Hills (KY) Covington Catholic (14-0)

66.   Martinsburg (WV) (13-0)

67.   Frisco (TX) Lone Star (13-0)

68.   Roebuck (SC) Dorman (14-0)

69.   Orlando (FL) Edgewater (13-1)

70.   La Mesa (CA) Helix (11-1)

71.   Greenwood Village (CO) Cherry Creek (13-0)

72.   West Point (MS) (14-1)

73.   Houston (TX) Westfield (12-1)

74.   Newport Beach (CA) Corona del Mar (14-0)

75.   Chicago (IL) Mt. Carmel (14-0)

76.   Longview (TX) (11-1)

77.   Miami (FL) Central (11-3)

78.   Folsom (CA) (10-2)

79.   Charlotte (NC) Vance (11-2)

80.   Murfreesboro (TN) Oakland (13-1)

81.   Seffner (FL) Armwood (12-2)

82.   New Palestine (IN) (14-0)

83.   Anaheim (CA) Servite (7-4)

84.   Lakeland (FL) (12-1)

85.   Catawissa (PA) Southern Columbia Area (14-0)

86.   Alabaster (AL) Thompson (11-1)

87.   River Ridge (LA) John Curtis (10-2)

88.   Pittsburg (PA) Central Catholic (12-2)

89.   Hollywood (FL) Chaminade-Madonna (11-2)

90.   Picaynue (MS) (14-0)

91.   Cincinnati (OH) Colerain (11-2)

92.   Camas (WA) (13-0)

93.   Norfolk (VA) Maury (13-0)

94.   Matthews (NC) Weddington (13-0)

95.   Cincinnati (OH) La Salle (11-2)

96.   Pearland (TX) Shadow Creek (13-0)

97.   Stillwater (OK) (13-0)

98.   Hoover (AL) (10-3)

99.   Lexington (KY) Frederick Douglass (13-0)

100.  Dallas (TX) Highland Park (11-1)

Dropped Out:

#28 Muskegon (MI) (13-1) lost to River Rouge (13-1)             30-7

#55 West Monroe (LA) lost to Destrehan (LA) (10-3)            20-17

#59 Deerfield Beach (FL) (9-4) lost to Miami Columbus (10-4)            28-21

#76 Cartersville (GA) (12-1) lost to College Park (GA) Woodward Academy (13-0)          31-28

#79 Valdosta (GA) (10-3) lost to Richmond Hill (GA) (9-3)            16-14

#81 Toledo (OH) Central Catholic (13-1) lost to Cincinnati (OH) La Salle     35-21

#83 LaGrange Park (IL) Nazareth Academy (13-1) lost to #94 Chicago (IL) Mt. Carmel          37-13

#87 Starkville (MS) (12-3) lost to Oxford (MS) (13-1)          25-16

#95 Elk Grove (CA) Monterey Trail (12-2) lost to El Dorado Hills (CA) Oak Ridge (11-2)               35-27

Duncanville #2, this poll is a real hoot!

3 hours ago, The Guru said:

This is what complete and utter defeat looks like.

You're like a malfunctioning bot that can only repeat one phrase.

No what complete and utter defeat looks like is you having to go thread to thread with your malarkey crap to stay relevant

I lack a pair.

The only honest thing in your entire post

You didn't prove a thing

🤡

1 hour ago, nptb17 said:

NJ has never had way more depth than KY.  Never!!  I will say that not so long ago the NJ top 5 would have went 4-1 or 3-2 against Kentucky most years, but after that if we went to 20, Kentucky would dominate NJ.

Rather than disagree, I ask, why?  I might not disagree with you.  I'm trying to figure out the same type of things.  Ky, Ohio, and Ind are very insulated this year.

h2h

common opponents

recruited talent

coaching/programs

extrapolation/transitive properties

CC has a 17.7 SOS.  I don't like computer stuff for many things, but for SOS and for teams generally ranked lower than 100, it's useful.

CC beats LaSalle by 20.  LS is 12-2.  Good SOS.  Good win.  We already spoke about CC's not-so-impressive wins.

So, how good is LS?  LS beats Moeller by 21, but others beat Moeller by more.  LS beats 9-3 Ohio X by 7.  LS loses to 6-3 Winton Woods (WW) by 5.  LS beats Elder by 2.

WW loses by 20 to Eds, by 9 to Christian Brothers (ranked 188), and by 5 to Elder.

Elder loses to Eds by 17, and to LS by 2.  Elder beats WW by 5, Ohio X by 5, and Cathedral by 7.

Ohio X loses by 3 to Elder, by 7 to LS, and by 4 to Elder.  X beats Colerain by 7, Cathedral by 4, Moeller by 3, and Iggies by 3.

THIS IS GOING ROUND IN CIRCLES.  They play each other and conclude they're all good, which they are, but the same logic applies in many other states.  Why are these 3 states special?

Eds loses 2x to Mentor by 1.  So, those 2 teams seem identical, almost.  Eds beats Cathedral by 7, Elder by 17, WW by 20, and Iggies by 4. 

Who is this Iggies?  Not a big winner this year, but computer-ranked 106 w/ a SOS of 55.3--that's higher than Don Bosco, SPP, BC, Joes, St. Francis, STA, and Duncanville.  It's almost 3x higher than CC's SOS.  Easily doubles top Ky teams.

Iggies loses 5 games--to Mentor by 7, to Eds by 4, to Ohio X by 3, to Clarkson by 1, and to DeMatha by 42 (42-0).  Remarkable--really.  But who is this DeMatha?  Can they beat CC?  Eds?  LS?  Elder?  Ohio X?  Trinity Ky?  Male?  Mentor?  Fred Doug?

Finally, maybe a breakout, an opening, something that stands out, a team NOT in the Ohio, Ind, Ky triangle.

DeMatha loses to Zaga by 2 and to SJB by 28.  But Dematha waxed Iggies by 42--something that no other came even remotely close to.  Iggies' other 4 loses were by single digits.  Mentor beat Iggies by 7, and Dematha won by 6x that (by 42 points).  maybe, DeMatha can shed light on this?  maybe not?  But DM's win really stands apart.

Did any other teams play Zaga and SJB?  NJ teams?  Cali teams?  WAC teams?  Did those teams play other teams?

you can't stay inside a triangle, and congratulate one another on how good you are.  Thank God for the DeMatha game.

If any other Ohio team went outside the triangle, and pls don't point to Canada, then that might help.  The below games offer no or little help.

(Eds by 21)  Cass Tech is 7-6, and ranked 1,573, w/ a 21.5 SOS.

(Elder by 6)  Clearwater is ranked 258, w/ a SOS of 27.8.

(Iggies by 17) Loyola is ranked 359.

(Ohio X by 30) Penn is 6-5, ranked 2,282, w/ a 21.6 SOS.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

Rather than disagree, I ask, why?  I might not disagree with you.  I'm trying to figure out the same type of things.  Ky, Ohio, and Ind are very insulated this year.

h2h

common opponents

recruited talent

coaching/programs

extrapolation/transitive properties

CC has a 17.7 SOS.  I don't like computer stuff for many things, but for SOS and for teams generally ranked lower than 100, it's useful.

CC beats LaSalle by 20.  LS is 12-2.  Good SOS.  Good win.  We already spoke about CC's not-so-impressive wins.

So, how good is LS?  LS beats Moeller by 21, but others beat Moeller by more.  LS beats 9-3 Ohio X by 7.  LS loses to 6-3 Winton Woods (WW) by 5.  LS beats Elder by 2.

WW loses by 20 to Eds, by 9 to Christian Brothers (ranked 188), and by 5 to Elder.

Elder loses to Eds by 17, and to LS by 2.  Elder beats WW by 5, Ohio X by 5, and Cathedral by 7.

Ohio X loses by 3 to Elder, by 7 to LS, and by 4 to Elder.  X beats Colerain by 7, Cathedral by 4, Moeller by 3, and Iggies by 3.

THIS IS GOING ROUND IN CIRCLES.  They play each other and conclude they're all good, which they are, but the same logic applies in many other states.  Why are these 3 states special?

Eds loses 2x to Mentor by 1.  So, those 2 teams seem identical, almost.  Eds beats Cathedral by 7, Elder by 17, WW by 20, and Iggies by 4. 

Who is this Iggies?  Not a big winner this year, but computer-ranked 106 w/ a SOS of 55.3--that's higher than Don Bosco, SPP, BC, Joes, St. Francis, STA, and Duncanville.  It's almost 3x higher than CC's SOS.  Easily doubles top Ky teams.

Iggies loses 5 games--to Mentor by 7, to Eds by 4, to Ohio X by 3, to Clarkson by 1, and to DeMatha by 42 (42-0).  Remarkable--really.  But who is this DeMatha?  Can they beat CC?  Eds?  LS?  Elder?  Ohio X?  Trinity Ky?  Male?  Mentor?  Fred Doug?

Finally, maybe a breakout, an opening, something that stands out, a team NOT in the Ohio, Ind, Ky triangle.

DeMatha loses to Zaga by 2 and to SJB by 28.  But Dematha waxed Iggies by 42--something that no other came even remotely close to.  Iggies' other 4 loses were by single digits.  Mentor beat Iggies by 7, and Dematha won by 6x that (by 42 points).  maybe, DeMatha can shed light on this?  maybe not?  But DM's win really stands apart.

Did any other teams play Zaga and SJB?  NJ teams?  Cali teams?  WAC teams?  Did those teams play other teams?

you can't stay inside a triangle, and congratulate one another on how good you are.  Thank God for the DeMatha game.

If any other Ohio team went outside the triangle, and pls don't point to Canada, then that might help.  The below games offer no or little help.

(Eds by 21)  Cass Tech is 7-6, and ranked 1,573, w/ a 21.5 SOS.

(Elder by 6)  Clearwater is ranked 258, w/ a SOS of 27.8.

(Iggies by 17) Loyola is ranked 359.

(Ohio X by 30) Penn is 6-5, ranked 2,282, w/ a 21.6 SOS.

This season I would say NJ top 5 would go 4-1 or 3-2 against Kentucky.  

As far as Ohio is concerned.  There are about 7 or 8 other teams that have to be taken into account besides the teams you mention.  Fairfield, Springfield, Pickerington Central, Groveport Madison, Hoban, who Ignatius had to have an ridiculous comeback to beat because they were getting waxed.  Massillon, Toledo Central Catholic.

Ignatius is a terrible OOS squad.  They lay eggs like it's nobody's business.  We all know shit happens sometimes and that is what happened in the Ignatius vs Dematha game obviously. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

This season I would say NJ top 5 would go 4-1 or 3-2 against Kentucky.  

As far as Ohio is concerned.  There are about 7 or 8 other teams that have to be taken into account besides the teams you mention.  Fairfield, Springfield, Pickerington Central, Groveport Madison, Hoban, who Ignatius had to have an ridiculous comeback to beat because they were getting waxed.  Massillon, Toledo Central Catholic.

Ignatius is a terrible OOS squad.  They lay eggs like it's nobody's business.  We all know shit happens sometimes and that is what happened in the Ignatius vs Dematha game obviously. 

Iggies is tough.  w/ a 3rd-string QB they almost beat PC at PC.  Very nice parents and kids

I'm aware of some of those Ohio teams you mentioned, and know Pick Cent beat Mentor.  I just focused on the Ohio teams made relevant by Ind and Ky games that the polls mentioned.

I tried to drill down, and still can't figure it out.  No way I'd ever try to do a poll no matter the length.

1 minute ago, StJoesFanboy said:

Iggies is tough.  w/ a 3rd-string QB they almost beat PC at PC.  Very nice parents and kids

I'm aware of some of those Ohio teams you mentioned, and know Pick Cent beat Mentor.  I just focused on the Ohio teams made relevant by Ind and Ky games that the polls mentioned.

I tried to drill down, and still can't figure it out.  No way I'd ever try to do a poll no matter the length.

Louisville Trinity isn't very good imo.  I wouldn't rank them in the top 100.  They are there because of name and a good record.  Male is good.  They had a tough game with Manual but like I said, Manual is Male true rival.  Cov Cath smoke Lasalle but imo isn't a better team than Lasalle.  Cov Cath probably has the best coach in Kentucky with a beast of a football player who dominated both sides of the ball.  I would have them on the back side of top 80.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

Louisville Trinity isn't very good imo.  I wouldn't rank them in the top 100.  They are there because of name and a good record.  Male is good.  They had a tough game with Manual but like I said, Manual is Male true rival.  Cov Cath smoke Lasalle but imo isn't a better team than Lasalle.  Cov Cath probably has the best coach in Kentucky with a beast of a football player who dominated both sides of the ball.  I would have them on the back side of top 80.

That's great insight.  It comes from watching them for a while.

That's why getting it close to right is impossible. 

People outside Ohio, Ind, and Ky can't know that.