Whiteshoes Top 100 - December 2

whiteshoes

55 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

Rather than disagree, I ask, why?  I might not disagree with you.  I'm trying to figure out the same type of things.  Ky, Ohio, and Ind are very insulated this year.

h2h

common opponents

recruited talent

coaching/programs

extrapolation/transitive properties

CC has a 17.7 SOS.  I don't like computer stuff for many things, but for SOS and for teams generally ranked lower than 100, it's useful.

CC beats LaSalle by 20.  LS is 12-2.  Good SOS.  Good win.  We already spoke about CC's not-so-impressive wins.

So, how good is LS?  LS beats Moeller by 21, but others beat Moeller by more.  LS beats 9-3 Ohio X by 7.  LS loses to 6-3 Winton Woods (WW) by 5.  LS beats Elder by 2.

WW loses by 20 to Eds, by 9 to Christian Brothers (ranked 188), and by 5 to Elder.

Elder loses to Eds by 17, and to LS by 2.  Elder beats WW by 5, Ohio X by 5, and Cathedral by 7.

Ohio X loses by 3 to Elder, by 7 to LS, and by 4 to Elder.  X beats Colerain by 7, Cathedral by 4, Moeller by 3, and Iggies by 3.

THIS IS GOING ROUND IN CIRCLES.  They play each other and conclude they're all good, which they are, but the same logic applies in many other states.  Why are these 3 states special?

Eds loses 2x to Mentor by 1.  So, those 2 teams seem identical, almost.  Eds beats Cathedral by 7, Elder by 17, WW by 20, and Iggies by 4. 

Who is this Iggies?  Not a big winner this year, but computer-ranked 106 w/ a SOS of 55.3--that's higher than Don Bosco, SPP, BC, Joes, St. Francis, STA, and Duncanville.  It's almost 3x higher than CC's SOS.  Easily doubles top Ky teams.

Iggies loses 5 games--to Mentor by 7, to Eds by 4, to Ohio X by 3, to Clarkson by 1, and to DeMatha by 42 (42-0).  Remarkable--really.  But who is this DeMatha?  Can they beat CC?  Eds?  LS?  Elder?  Ohio X?  Trinity Ky?  Male?  Mentor?  Fred Doug?

Finally, maybe a breakout, an opening, something that stands out, a team NOT in the Ohio, Ind, Ky triangle.

DeMatha loses to Zaga by 2 and to SJB by 28.  But Dematha waxed Iggies by 42--something that no other came even remotely close to.  Iggies' other 4 loses were by single digits.  Mentor beat Iggies by 7, and Dematha won by 6x that (by 42 points).  maybe, DeMatha can shed light on this?  maybe not?  But DM's win really stands apart.

Did any other teams play Zaga and SJB?  NJ teams?  Cali teams?  WAC teams?  Did those teams play other teams?

you can't stay inside a triangle, and congratulate one another on how good you are.  Thank God for the DeMatha game.

If any other Ohio team went outside the triangle, and pls don't point to Canada, then that might help.  The below games offer no or little help.

(Eds by 21)  Cass Tech is 7-6, and ranked 1,573, w/ a 21.5 SOS.

(Elder by 6)  Clearwater is ranked 258, w/ a SOS of 27.8.

(Iggies by 17) Loyola is ranked 359.

(Ohio X by 30) Penn is 6-5, ranked 2,282, w/ a 21.6 SOS.

Whew!

This must be serious....

15 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

If it’s top 5 vs top 5 (using Calpreps): 

SPP over Cov Cath

Male over DBP

SJR over Trinity

Peddie over Johnson Cent

Boyle Co over Williamstown

Ohio would smoke both states THIS year. 

Johnson Central is not a top 5 team in Kentucky.  Fredrick Douglas is.

6 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

I don’t like how they rank teams, either. I just used them since everyone else on here redoes. 

Why should someone like and use your poll for any type of reference?

Oh yeah.....you won pick 'em in 2018 at prepgridiron. com. lol

In reality you supply no relevant data to back up anything.

• Thumbs Down 1

56 minutes ago, RedZone said:

If he spent as much time educating himself as he does whining about the critiques he might actually be competent at it.

An example being his answer above about Peddie.

"Gee golly they whipped Archbishop Wood who's playing in the Pennsylvania 5A final!"

Yeah, but is Archbishop Wood any good?* That matters. Yet he's so uninformed that all he can do is throw out titles and accolades that teams have.

* the answer is no they're not

• Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, The Guru said:

If he spent as much time educating himself as he does whining about the critiques he might actually be competent at it.

An example being his answer above about Peddie.

"Gee golly they whipped Archbishop Wood who's playing in the Pennsylvania 5A final!"

Yeah, but is Archbishop Wood any good?* That matters. Yet he's so uninformed that all he can do is throw out titles and accolades that teams have.

* the answer is no they're not

By your standards nobody but STA is good so why should anyone care what comes out of your mouth

Your also too much a bitch to respond to me directly, does it have to do with fact I know exactly who you are AS 

I certainly think so

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Why should someone like and use your poll for any type of reference?

Oh yeah.....you won pick 'em in 2018 at prepgridiron. com. lol

What ever happened to that poll you did which was supposed to be the best poll ever, and you went how many weeks doing that before giving up?

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

What ever happened to that poll you did which was supposed to be the best poll ever, and you went how many weeks doing that before giving up?

It took too much of my time, junior

It's simple to rank anything. It's difficult to sell it and at the end of the day I wasn't even sold on my rankings. Waste of my time.

I could take Maxpreps OR Calpreps make a few changes here and there and have a decent poll. Anyone could.

You used to do a Florida poll too when columbia was in it....what happen?

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

It took too much of my time, junior

It's simple to rank anything. It's difficult to sell it and at the end of the day I wasn't even sold on my rankings. Waste of my time.

I could take Maxpreps OR Calpreps make a few changes here and there and have a decent poll. Anyone could.

You used to do a Florida poll too when columbia was in it....what happen?

I never do the poll during the playoffs, been that way every year I've done it

I do a preseason poll, then a poll after each regular season week, and a final poll after the state championships are complete

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

He has no relevant criteria whatsoever......when I "tried" I had too much criteria. I said fuck it.

Bad for my head. 😄

That's why it's difficult to put out a poll like we do. It takes a lot of time and no one will be able to watch each and every single team. I watch the majority of the ones I rank, but you can only do so much. It then becomes a guessing game. That's what you and the Guzzlin' Guru don't get. Instead, you both just assume that I am supposed to know every detail of every team I rank. If this was my actual job (and not a hobby) then I would certainly delve deeper into each and every team. It's mostly GUESSING, you idiots!!  

12 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

That's why it's difficult to put out a poll like we do. It takes a lot of time and no one will be able to watch each and every single team. I watch the majority of the ones I rank, but you can only do so much. It then becomes a guessing game. That's what you and the Guzzlin' Guru don't get.

I totally get it.

That's why I've been telling you to stop doing it because you're pretending to know this stuff.

Even if you did watch every team you're not competent enough to know what you're watching.

That much is clear.

15 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Like pick 'em?

No, that’s different. With my poll I’m looking at 500-1000 teams, but in the Pick’ems it’s only 20-30 teams to break down. That’s much easier to break down players, coaching, injuries, weather, streaks, rivalries, etc. I always do really good with pick’em contests (high school, college, pro). 

19 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Again, I don't assume that.

I know it's impossible which is why I mock you for pretending and then getting exposed.

I don’t think that guessing on a lot of teams is getting me exposed. If that’s all you have then you haven’t done anything to me. You always look like a fool when you bash these teams that myself and others talk about. Until you put something out there like we do then you will continue to look like the imbecile that you are.