National Champion?

181pl

Pick our Mythical National Champion  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Pick our Mythical National Champion?

• Mater Dei
    • Northshore
    • Saint Frances
    • Saint John Bosco
    • Saint Thomas Aquinas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/25/2019 at 10:00 PM

45 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Many teams have played them well, but most in crunch time are unable to keep their foot on the gas like SFA did.   I will be honest after watching the first half I though IMG would beat them.    It started looking like IMG was going to impose their will.   I thought SFA got some breaks to keep IMG from getting more points in the first half, but in the second they just made play after play.   Every time it looked like IMG was going to turn things around SFA made a big play.  

At the same time I was impressed, I think that score was probably more on the extreme side.   If they were to play 10 times I think most of them would be much closer and IMG would definitely win some (especially on neutral field), but that doesn't take away from what SFA did that night.   

Good points 

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

Which is hilarious because St Thomas has travelrd to California to play your pussy teams including Bosco yet California doesn't travel to Florida. With the exception of DeLaSalle, who has balls. Unlike Bosco and the rest.

remember, St Thomas has already been to St John Bosco and beat them. Let them come to Florida. 

Bosco went to Aquinas. 

• Like 1

IMO, there are six programs that warrant consideration. How they are officially ranked I will leave to the pundits but what I personally feel is based on seeing three of these in person and taking the time to watch the others via stream along with two of their more formidable opponents in person.

I think MD and SJB are 1 and 2. If they played 10 times, MD would win at least 7. That said... they are so close that ( as Steeler correctly pointed out during their game ) which ever BY plays on wins. While DJ is extremely good, BY just has a little more polish. Those two programs are that close.

Relative to measuring up DV and NS to them... Both MD and SJB would edge them out as physically they would match up on the lines but are not as predominantly one dimensional on offense as either Tx squad. Both DV and NS seemed, at least to me, to rely more on the run game and both Ca teams could deal with that. To beat either SJB or MD there needs to be a really good air show of which I am not sure either Tx squad would produce enough of to outscore the Ca. squads.

After watching STA vs STL, they showed their defense can be first rate once they have figured out the offense they have to scheme for but I am not sure they have the horsepower to consistantly move the ball against either Trinity squad. I also tend to lean toward DV and NS over them based on what I saw this year.

As far as SF goes, I don't believe, barring injury, they would ever beat MD... same for SJB. I would also favor both Tx squads over them regardless of where they played.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 181pl said:

Which is hilarious because St Thomas has travelrd to California to play your pussy teams including Bosco yet California doesn't travel to Florida. With the exception of DeLaSalle, who has balls. Unlike Bosco and the rest.

remember, St Thomas has already been to St John Bosco and beat them. Let them come to Florida. 

Ummm didn’t Bosco travel to Ft Lauderdale to play Aquinas a few years ago? I know Aquinas won but that was in FL. I think Aquinas only played in Cali once and that was De La Salle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

IMO, there are six programs that warrant consideration. How they are officially ranked I will leave to the pundits but what I personally feel is based on seeing three of these in person and taking the time to watch the others via stream along with two of their more formidable opponents in person.

I think MD and SJB are 1 and 2. If they played 10 times, MD would win at least 7. That said... they are so close that ( as Steeler correctly pointed out during their game ) which ever BY plays on wins. While DJ is extremely good, BY just has a little more polish. Those two programs are that close.

Relative to measuring up DV and NS to them... Both MD and SJB would edge them out as physically they would match up on the lines but are not as predominantly one dimensional on offense as either Tx squad. Both DV and NS seemed, at least to me, to rely more on the run game and both Ca teams could deal with that. To beat either SJB or MD there needs to be a really good air show of which I am not sure either Tx squad would produce enough of to outscore the Ca. squads.

After watching STA vs STL, they showed their defense can be first rate once they have figured out the offense they have to scheme for but I am not sure they have the horsepower to consistantly move the ball against either Trinity squad. I also tend to lean toward DV and NS over them based on what I saw this year.

As far as SF goes, I don't believe, barring injury, they would ever beat MD... same for SJB. I would also favor both Tx squads over them regardless of where they played.

Main reason Mater Dei lost in the section finals game is because they had a BREAKDOWN in their secondary.

Losing Elias Ricks to IMG Academy and Darion Warren-Green to Narbonne really hurt Mater Dei in the long run.