National Champion?

181pl

Pick our Mythical National Champion  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Pick our Mythical National Champion?

• Mater Dei
    • Northshore
    • Saint Frances
    • Saint John Bosco
    • Saint Thomas Aquinas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/25/2019 at 10:00 PM

1 hour ago, DLS350 said:

Honestly, who cares! I would say this even DLS was in consideration. Why? It’s mythical, there wasn’t a national tournament to determine the winner. It’s all gonna be based on opinions and there will be a lot of different opinions. 

Totally Agree!!!... Polls are lame, the games are played on the field not by peoples opinions or computers....

Based on what I saw this year:

1. Split MD and SJB.... These were the 2 best teams.... I voted for SJB in the poll because they were the State Champs, but these teams are even... They would go 5-5 if they played 10 times....

2. STA.... They won FL 7A and Beat ST Louis... They don’t have an offense that can beat MD and SJB though....

3. SFA.... Would have been 2 but STA’s win over ST Louis is better then any of their wins in my opinion....

4. Marietta- I think GA had the best overall games, matchups, playoffs and was the toughest State to win this year so I give them #4... Not like Cali or TX where it was pre determined which teams would be winning....

5. NS... Not as Impressed with TX, the more TX I see the more watered down it looks.... Plus, for as much as @DevilDog had me enjoying TX HSFB last year, @Texasfrog completely ruined it for me this year with his constant Block like Crying about So Cal.... What a whiner!!!...🤣🤣

So that is my “Meaningless Top 5” A case can be made for any of those teams and they would all be deserving in their own way....

It was a fun year with a lot of great games and National matchup’s!!!.... Kudos to @GardenStateBaller for his role in setting those up.... Great Work!!!... Keep em Coming Brother!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

4. Marietta- I think GA had the best overall games, matchups, playoffs and was the toughest State to win this year so I give them #4... Not like Cali or TX where it was pre determined which teams would be winning....

18FBF5E6-D524-43C5-AC24-0A85FDDE3B40.gif

Wtf you on ? thinking Marietta is 4th in country, did you forget Marrietta got thier dicks punched 🥊 in by Not only Grayson but Mcceachern as well, 2 loses , yes Marietta has the best TE in country but for Christ sakes they lost to a team who got mauled by Bergen Catholic of Northern New Jersey 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Wtf you on ? thinking Marietta is 4th in country, did you forget Marrietta got thier dicks punched 🥊 in by Not only Grayson but Mcceachern as well, 2 loses , yes Marietta has the best TE in country but for Christ sakes they lost to a team who got mauled by Bergen Catholic of Northern New Jersey 

I am a DLS Fan.... Therefore I believe in “Hyper-Improvement”.... 🤣🤣🤣

Plus they won what was Probably the best state this year....

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

That happened this year? 

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

2. STA.... They won FL 7A and Beat ST Louis... They don’t have an offense that can beat MD and SJB though....

3. SFA.... Would have been 2 but STA’s win over ST Louis is better then any of their wins in my opinion....

If I'm being totally honest.  Beating IMG the way they did is more impressive than beating St.L.     I think they got some breaks against IMG at home with some home cooking, but their strength was able to overcome IMG's strength and that is something that definitely impressed me.   Who can say they ran the rock against IMG like that?   Maybe MC a few years ago, but I think SFA's run game was more consistent in getting the better of them.    

As for STA I think most don't give them enough credit.   There are things that STA did that really impressed me as far as crunch time D that I think very few teams could have accomplished.   Look at the D against DLS in Concord in the second half in those short field situations.    How many teams have the depth or toughness to keep DLS from scoring with so many chances?    How many teams could shut down that ST. L air attack in the second half after knowing they got the best of you the first half.    You know people hate on STA coaching because STA's offense doesn't look as buttery smooth as some others, but people should give them a bit more credit for those second half adjustments.   Zero points given up in the second half vs those two teams!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 954gator said:

If I'm being totally honest.  Beating IMG the way they did is more impressive than beating St.L.     I think they got some breaks against IMG at home with some home cooking, but their strength was able to overcome IMG's strength and that is something that definitely impressed me.   Who can say they ran the rock against IMG like that?   Maybe MC a few years ago, but I think SFA's run game was more consistent in getting the better of them.    

As for STA I think most don't give them enough credit.   There are things that STA did that really impressed me as far as crunch time D that I think very few teams could have accomplished.   Look at the D against DLS in Concord in the second half in those short field situations.    How many teams have the depth or toughness to keep DLS from scoring with so many chances?    How many teams could shut down that ST. L air attack in the second half after knowing they got the best of you the first half.    You know people hate on STA coaching because STA's offense doesn't look as buttery smooth as some others, but people should give them a bit more credit for those second half adjustments.   Zero points given up in the second half vs those two teams!

Bergen played IMG well all game 

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Bosco coach called out STA on Twitter for making their claim at the MNC. 

AF6D411D-A79E-4409-BE4A-42BD77313E5E.jpeg

Which is hilarious because St Thomas has travelrd to California to play your pussy teams including Bosco yet California doesn't travel to Florida. With the exception of DeLaSalle, who has balls. Unlike Bosco and the rest.

remember, St Thomas has already been to St John Bosco and beat them. Let them come to Florida. 

10 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Bergen played IMG well all game 

Many teams have played them well, but most in crunch time are unable to keep their foot on the gas like SFA did.   I will be honest after watching the first half I though IMG would beat them.    It started looking like IMG was going to impose their will.   I thought SFA got some breaks to keep IMG from getting more points in the first half, but in the second they just made play after play.   Every time it looked like IMG was going to turn things around SFA made a big play.  

At the same time I was impressed, I think that score was probably more on the extreme side.   If they were to play 10 times I think most of them would be much closer and IMG would definitely win some (especially on neutral field), but that doesn't take away from what SFA did that night.   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Which is hilarious because St Thomas has travelrd to California to play your pussy teams including Bosco yet California doesn't travel to Florida. With the exception of DeLaSalle, who has balls. Unlike Bosco and the rest.

remember, St Thomas has already been to St John Bosco and beat them. Let them come to Florida. 

Umm Bosco played STA in Ft. Lauderdale!

• Haha 3