Are you SEC fans pulling for LSU ?

HooverOutlaw

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

This is such a lame concept. I can't stand Clemson. However I do like them better than every team remaining in the college football playoff. but I'm not rooting for them because they're in the ACC. I'm rooting for them because they are the lesser of the four evils presented 

But to root for a conference is just asinine. If USC was in the final four I'd be rooting for them over any of these squads. And I'm a Florida State and USF fan primarily.

Being a fan of the ACC you will never understand conference pride in football. Plus I remember when FSU was scared to come in the SEC Bowden made comment of not wanting to play Auburn, Alabama and Florida in the same season. All those 11-1 seasons Bowden had in the ACC would have been 8-9 win seasons in the SEC.

SEC SEC SEC

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

If you can comprehend I specifically state with this dude coming as Governor.  What racism am I speaking about?  I will wait.  And what untruth did I state. You posted those NC's I posted they are B.S. and gave an explanation why.  I included Texas being a farce as well.   And when that racist Governor came along he loved Bear and those teams.  Those are facts.   I know Governor Racist came along after 1959.  Pointing out facts must suck.   Penn State was hardly a bastion of integration in 1959.  USC has always been the standard bearer.  And you damn sure wasn't trying to play them. When they came to Bama they specifically drove thru the black neighborhood on the way to the game because all the black people were pulling for USC and standing out side applauding them. 

Every neighborhood around legion field was black. Unless they parachuted in they had to go by black neighborhoods.

The next year Alabama beat USC in 1971.

2 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Devil Dog a case of agent orange or some kind chemical poisoning while in the service. You could bring up the weather and he brings in racism. 

I brought up why all those titles you posted was B.S. Was ESPN 150 bringing up racism in the part about integration and why the SEC is what it is today?  Should I post the documentary.   You take a swipe at Texas in every damn post you make.  

9 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Devil Dog a case of agent orange or some kind chemical poisoning while in the service. You could bring up the weather and he brings in racism. 

I brought up why all those titles you posted was B.S. Was ESPN 150 bringing up racism in the part about integration and why the SEC is what it is today?  Should I post the documentary.   You take a swipe at Texas in every damn post you make.   I bring up facts when people post B.S. 

Every title prior to 1973 in College football is B.S.   That's not racism that's anti-racism.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Partly true, but today it's not like all these high schools are playing with school-grown talent even Duncanville.........enter the "transfer".

Most every OOS game nationally with the exception of a few states/schools are nothing more than transfer ball..

I want to the SEC to win every national championship they can......helps in recruiting and etc.

Same at the high school levels these days....winners attract the players if they can and it's allowed...

It helps in recruiting for teams who actually have a realistic shot of winning themselves

SEC winning won't cause Vanderbilt or Arkansas to bring in 4* and 5* players 

20 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Being a fan of the ACC you will never understand conference pride in football. Plus I remember when FSU was scared to come in the SEC Bowden made comment of not wanting to play Auburn, Alabama and Florida in the same season. All those 11-1 seasons Bowden had in the ACC would have been 8-9 win seasons in the SEC.

SEC SEC SEC

FSU has bitch slapped the SEC historically, so whatever...

You must throw up in your mouth a little, as a Bama fan, to hold up the stupid AF SEC flag and openly root for LSU. Unless you aren't really a Bama fan...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

SEC SEC SEC

Yeah because there sure is some great teams like Arkansas, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri and Texas A&M

Quit trying to push some conference bull, you have 5 somewhat relevant teams and a ton of garbage to fill it out 

• Haha 1

George Wallace was supported by the NAACP when he first ran for governor. 

It was the black vote that helped  win governor in the 80's. Folks in Alabama forgave him and changed. Question why can't you do the Christian thing and forgive and change.

Playing by your rules counting since 73 Texas only has 1 title in 2005. 

Bama since 73 

Please why can't Texas win the national title only once every 46 years.  You got the best of everything. Explain this devil dog.

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Because they compete against TX colleges, athletes and resources.  Pulling for other conference foes is like pulling for the Eagles because they will rep the NFC East.  

They I feel have a unique kinship.  Similar culture, food, etc and most other conferences are not as regionally based.  Like the food in Tx and WV or KS vastly different.  The same with Ohio St and Nebraska or USC and Arizona.  In the Real South they all eat the same nasty food.  🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HooverOutlaw said:

It was the black vote that helped  win governor in the 80's. Folks in Alabama forgave him and changed. Question why can't you do the Christian thing and forgive and change.

Bama since 73 

Please why can't Texas win the national title only once every 46 years.  You got the best of everything. Explain this devil dog.

Same reason the big 3 in Florida have been so inconsistent lately

Just because your state has a lot of talent and you recruit a lot of in state players don't mean your getting the absolute best in your state each year 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Because they compete against TX colleges, athletes and resources.  Pulling for other conference foes is like pulling for the Eagles because they will rep the NFC East.  

I'm not sure what this means really?

Oklahoma from the Big 12 is playing for a national championship.......

If they win it then I have to hear how  Oklahoma has 30-40 Texas "Ballers" from the same TX goobers.......You know that's true.

If Oklahoma loses..."fuck Oklahoma, we hate them". 😀

6 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Bama since 73 

There are polls with Texas having 9 damn Championships all time.  

I can explain it but you won't like it. 🤣  Texas is stupid and didn't embrace a certain demographic till late in the 70's thus losing the battle with OU who raped Texas for that talent and built a pipeline to this day.  Texas is it's own worst enemy.  This has been discussed a lot here in Texas. Most African Americans in Texas over 50 root for OU over Texas.  Texas kids go everywhere including Alabama including the Best RB this year.  Now what ALabama kid has Texas ever tried to recruit.  

Matter of fact the 2005 Longhorns are the only NC in College Football history to win a NC with 98% of the starters from the Home State. 

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I'm not sure what this means really?

Oklahoma from the Big 12 is playing for a national championship.......

If they win it then I have to hear how  Oklahoma has 30-40 Texas "Ballers" from the same TX goobers.......You know that's true.

If Oklahoma loses..."fuck Oklahoma, we hate them". 😀

But I don't root for OU because they have texas kids, OU benefits from that only and so does the state of Oklahoma.  

Now it's nice TX kids can go to other teams/conferences and contribute, tOSU has a few TX starters as well, but it doesn't make me a fan of tOSU. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 181pl said:

FSU has bitch slapped the SEC historically, so whatever...

You must throw up in your mouth a little, as a Bama fan, to hold up the stupid AF SEC flag and openly root for LSU. Unless you aren't really a Bama fan...

FSU doesn't even have a winning record vs Florida.

Losing record to both Alabama ,Auburn, Georgia, Tenn, Kentucky .

Outside of South Carolina and LSU who has FSU beat in the SEC.

33 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Yeah because there sure is some great teams like Arkansas, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri and Texas A&M

Quit trying to push some conference bull, you have 5 somewhat relevant teams and a ton of garbage to fill it out 

ACC only had FSU and now Clemson. 

In the last 60 years take away those 2 and Georgia Tech had 1/2 title in 1990.

Alabama ran Georgia Tech out of the SEC in the 60's.

4 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

ACC only had FSU and now Clemson. 

In the last 60 years take away those 2 and Georgia Tech had 1/2 title in 1990.

Alabama ran Georgia Tech out of the SEC in the 60's.

Something I've noticed lately

Used to be when someone bashed the SEC their fans would point to how good the current teams were to defend their argument, and usually win it

Now they just bash the other conferences, how the other conferences do (weak or strong) has nothing to do with how good or bad the SEC is

The other conferences being weak and lacking depth doesn't somehow make the SEC elite just by default, it just makes the other conferences weak and lacking depth

What is your argument for the SEC being a strong conference in 2019?

Make your case, don't tell me what team won a national title in 2007 or 2008

Don't tell me how this conference or that conference sucks

Show me how the SEC in 2019 is still a elite conference and not just the best runt in a litter of garbage that is the standing of CFB where there is a serious lack of really top level teams