Are you SEC fans pulling for LSU ?

HooverOutlaw

I think that it isn't about thinking it makes your team any better, it's just about a kinship when someone "pulls" for someone else in the same conference. I find myself sometimes pulling for a team like Lowndes to some extent. Call it a mutual respect type of thing or something. Maybe like a larger community thing even. 

Do people not pull for the USA in diving, judo or ski jump, because the diver, martial artist or skier are from a different state than them? Think of it in that manner. 

Technically, idc who wins the playoff, but, I wouldn't mind if either Clemson or LSU did. Both are from my region of the world. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

I don't get the whole conference pulling bullcrap 

How does LSU or bama winning national titles make Vanderbilt, Tennessee, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Arkansas, Texas A&M or Missouri good?

Simple it don't

OU is sending their B team. Figure I beat them to the excuse.  They have over 6 guys integral to their defense missing.  And I freaking hate OU.  

• Haha 2

Oklahoma Set to Miss Numerous Players in Peach Bowl Matchup with LSU

In addition to missing three players due to suspension, Oklahoma took another blow earlier this week when starting safety Delarrin Turner-Yell broke his collarbone, according to a report by Oklahoma's Rivals.com site.

Turner-Yell started all 13 games for the Sooners in 2019 and recorded 75 tackles and 5.5 tackles for a loss. The loss of Turner-Yell piles on to multiple reports that Oklahoma would be suspending three of its players for the Peach Bowl matchup against No. 1 LSU. 

Players included in that suspension, for which no reason has been given, include running back Rhamondre Stevenson, receiver Trejan Bridges and defensive lineman Ronnie Perkins.

The biggest loss of these three is Perkins, who was the starting defensive lineman and turned in a nice season for the Sooners, recording 13.5 tackles for a loss and six sacks in 13 appearances. Stevenson, who is the backup running back to Kennedy Brooks, rushed for 541 yards on 64 carries in 2019 with six touchdowns.

While LSU is mainly in tact 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Oklahoma Set to Miss Numerous Players in Peach Bowl Matchup with LSU

In addition to missing three players due to suspension, Oklahoma took another blow earlier this week when starting safety Delarrin Turner-Yell broke his collarbone, according to a report by Oklahoma's Rivals.com site.

Turner-Yell started all 13 games for the Sooners in 2019 and recorded 75 tackles and 5.5 tackles for a loss. The loss of Turner-Yell piles on to multiple reports that Oklahoma would be suspending three of its players for the Peach Bowl matchup against No. 1 LSU. 

Players included in that suspension, for which no reason has been given, include running back Rhamondre Stevenson, receiver Trejan Bridges and defensive lineman Ronnie Perkins.

The biggest loss of these three is Perkins, who was the starting defensive lineman and turned in a nice season for the Sooners, recording 13.5 tackles for a loss and six sacks in 13 appearances. Stevenson, who is the backup running back to Kennedy Brooks, rushed for 541 yards on 64 carries in 2019 with six touchdowns.

While LSU is mainly in tact 

LSU was going to beat OU anyway. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Don't believe the hype OU been Big 12ing for 25yrs.  LSU new to this Big 12 offense.  Don't believe me just watch. LSU gives up a lot of sacks and OU can pound da Rock.  Whoever loses it will be golden.  Get those SEC excuses tuned up in case.  No SEC team recently have shut down Mobilehoma.  And this is their best defensive team of all.  By the way I would never root for those damn land Grabbers. And I damn sure don't give a damn about the SEC.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'll help with the excuse thread right now if they lose to Zero U.

1.  See what had happened wuz

2.  Dey didn't do nuttin

3.  LSU wanted this to be the Sugar Bowl

4.  The Big 12 is all Gimicky on offense.

5. The SEC go to card. They didn't want to be in this game 🤣

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

How does LSU or bama winning national titles make Vanderbilt, Tennessee, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Arkansas, Texas A&M or Missouri good?

Simple it don't

After Clemson beat the Grits out of Alabubba you figured the cousins would crawl off of each other.  But nope still together thicker than a bowl of 3 day old grits. 😅

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Simple it don't

It makes the SEC better overall. This is why the SEC has been viewed as the best conference for at 15 years. 

2 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Except there running back is most likely a no go.    That kid is HUGE when it comes to their offense.    

But the land Grabbers are missing more. Including one of their running backs.  Plus the Big 12 is an underdog in all six of their bowl games. I don't think that's ever happened

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

After Clemson beat the Grits out of Alabubba you figured the cousins would crawl off of each other.  But nope still together thicker than a bowl of 3 day old grits. 😅

Entire state of texas 1 title in nearly 50 seasons. Do I need list the state of Alabama titles in the same time frame with only 23 million less people.  I will anyway. 

Alabama 

Still more

Still more

Texas

Yes this the only one

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

But the land Grabbers are missing more. Including one of their running backs.  Plus the Big 12 is an underdog in all six of their bowl games. I don't think that's ever happened

I'm not saying they aren't missing more.   Just that not having CEH in the huddle is IMO a big deal.   I think LSU will beat OU either way, but not so sure they will win it all without him.     Not sure any of their other running backs can replace him splitting out wide and being a receiving threat.  

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think that it isn't about thinking it makes your team any better, it's just about a kinship when someone "pulls" for someone else in the same conference. I find myself sometimes pulling for a team like Lowndes to some extent. Call it a mutual respect type of thing or something. Maybe like a larger community thing even. 

Do people not pull for the USA in diving, judo or ski jump, because the diver, martial artist or skier are from a different state than them? Think of it in that manner. 

Technically, idc who wins the playoff, but, I wouldn't mind if either Clemson or LSU did. Both are from my region of the world. 

Really only the new fans Missouri and Texas AM do not support the SEC as one. 

13 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Really only the new fans Missouri and Texas AM do not support the SEC as one. 

It's because they don't belong. They know it and everybody knows it. xD

I joke. Yeah, the core SEC folks all have a kinship and the newbies don't understand it yet. After 150 more ass whippings a piece, from their conference brothers, they'll come 'round. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

But only a few schools have made it good

If you think bama winning makes schools like Arkansas and vandy good I'm not sure what to tell you

The SEC being good makes every team better. Easier to hire better Coaches and recruit better players. You must be a FSU or Miami fan.  Your post bleed ACC thinking.  The ACC has never had 2 great teams at the same time ever.  The SEC has had it happen several times.