NJ (0-10) vs TX ("Top 10 calpreps style")

TheRealCAJ

51 minutes ago, 954gator said:

So you think teams should only be ranked or given credit for wins then?   They had a shitty schedule.   Doesn't matter if they were wins outside the top 500/1000/2000 because they blasted those teams.    

They were HUGE on both sides of the lines with athletes everywhere.  They were traditionally known to be the most (or among the most) talented Ohio teams back then.  They always had trouble winning state, but at the time was always good.

....: and they did not beat any of the top 4,000 teams (or any of the top third) in the country, going all the way down to 7-man football when your STA buddy says that everyone outside the top 1/10th of 1% sucks

lets not inflate them from #80 in OH just because they're one of GA's most significant OOS win ever

8 minutes ago, Pops said:

....: and they did not beat any of the top 4,000 teams (or any of the top third) in the country, going all the way down to 7-man football when your STA buddy says that everyone outside the top 1/10th of 1% sucks

lets not inflate them from #80 in OH just because they're one of GA's most significant OOS win ever

SMH

Calpreps cracks me up.  

76. Ottowa Glandorf  8-3 Div IV    Str  26.9

77.  Cleveland Glenville 8-3  Div I   Str  11.4

Glenville played the #1 D1 team, #6 D1 team, and a quality Ga OOS team, yet this division 4 schedule was  >2x tougher.   You can't make this shit up!

33 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Calpreps cracks me up.  

76. Ottowa Glandorf  8-3 Div IV    Str  26.9

77.  Cleveland Glenville 8-3  Div I   Str  11.4

Glenville played the #1 D1 team, #6 D1 team, and a quality Ga OOS team, yet this division 4 schedule was  >2x tougher.   You can't make this shit up!

Cant make up pops idiocy either.... 

6 hours ago, Pops said:

So, of course you think the one with more FL teams is right?

steven speilewixk (speelling) is from NJ and MP allows him to put out his own poll to add content not because there was an editorial position in the accuracy of CP

you spend too much effort dismissing it because you don't get it -- it's just A>B>C for 14,000 teams -- iow, THE TRUTH

Glenview didn't have a top 4,000 win and you and your Song of the South friends are going apeshit because they were competitive against better teams -- their #1400 rank is justified and sorry GA that that's the OOS game you want to brag on

Thats bc the only 3 teams they played above 4,000 were St. Eds, Camden, and St. Iggy...

Again Glenville lost 17-14 to #6 St. Eds, and by the account of all Ohioans, shouldve won (Eds #65 Nationally)

Glenville lost to #1, and state champ, St. Iggy 24-6 (Iggy #15 Nationally)

And Glenville lost to GA #12 Camden 23-14... as Camden was kneeling inside the Glenville 10... Camden was #314 Nationally.

That doesnt add up 

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Thats bc the only 3 teams they played above 4,000 were St. Eds, Camden, and St. Iggy...

Again Glenville lost 17-14 to #6 St. Eds, and by the account of all Ohioans, shouldve won (Eds #65 Nationally)

Glenville lost to #1, and state champ, St. Iggy 24-6 (Iggy #15 Nationally)

And Glenville lost to GA #12 Camden 23-14... as Camden was kneeling inside the Glenville 10... Camden was #314 Nationally.

That doesnt add up 

I'm sure there's a bit of JC '12 in them where they are better that where they're rated but their results fairly put them at #80 in OH 

the only redeeming aspect of their results are close losses to good teams 

am happy to concede they're better than #80 in OH but not their results 

Something Ive posted before... but want Pops to see again.....

Aside from this, Im also going over all of Georgias GHSA (1A-7A) OOS games, and comparing the actual results to CalPreps Predict-A-Matchup... currently GA has outperformed in 25 of 28 games... that should tell you something already. When a state, outperforms this much overall... time to upgrade/fix the scale.

Georgias Blue AND Red OOS games in 2016... (P.S., 7 blue, 1 red)

Blue Games:

#398 Glynn Academy GA 33, #236 Pomona CO 14

#914 Peachtree Ridge GA 20, #200 McCallie TN 9

#1135 Callaway GA 42, #787 Handley AL 28

#1289 Etowah GA 21, #234 Spartanburg SC 14

#1911 Creekside GA 9, #763 Miami Norland FL 7

#6150 Harris Co. GA 17, #4457 Smiths Station AL 16 

#10138 Dade Co. GA 20, #9271 North Sand Mountain AL 7

======

Red OOS Games:

#4577 Dothan AL 13, #1827 Bainbridge GA 6

Just now, Pops said:

I'm sure there's a bit of JC '12 in them where they are better that where they're rated but their results fairly put them at #80 in OH 

the only redeeming aspect of their results are close losses to good teams 

am happy to concede they're better than #80 in OH but not their results 

Actually the results would most definitely put them better than 80. Losing to #6 in OH and CPs #65 Nationally by 3... and losing to OHs #1, and D1 State Champ, Top 15 Nationally St. Iggy 24-6....

Nobody outside of OHs Top 10-12 would do that.

You have to actually know how to read results. Since CalPreps is all you know about HSFB... your entire opinion is formed by it and what it says. 

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Glenville- 8-3 

All 3 losses

St. Eds- loss by 3 

St.Iggy- loss by 18

Camden- loss by 9 

All 3 finished inside the top 250. 

Glenville with the schedule they had did not finish #80 in the state of OH.... 

In OT no less.  

As for Camden, per calpreps of course, no they did not finish inside the top 250.   They finished at 314 nationally.   The ohio teams were much better though.   St. Iggy finished at 15 and St. Eds finished at 67 nationally.    

I'd love to see Pops defend Calpreps in 2004 that would be a good one!    Florida's best team Lakeland 14-0 (ranked 22) finished behind a team from these states...2 teams from Michigan, 3 teams from New York, 1 from New Mexico, 1 from Nebraska, 1 from Iowa, 1 from Wisconsin, 2 from Mississippi, etc.   I'm sure their best wins were much better as well lol, but hey the first team from Ga was 29 so...we weren't last ;)

33 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I'd love to see Pops defend Calpreps in 2004 that would be a good one!    Florida's best team Lakeland 14-0 (ranked 22) finished behind a team from these states...2 teams from Michigan, 3 teams from New York, 1 from New Mexico, 1 from Nebraska, 1 from Iowa, 1 from Wisconsin, 2 from Mississippi, etc.   I'm sure their best wins were much better as well lol, but hey the first team from Ga was 29 so...we weren't last ;)

Can't say I was following hsfb in '04, but Lakeland finished #22 in the country with a pretty weak schedule

whats to complain about?

try justifying DJ's '11 ranking where DLS (won CA Open 35-0 v top 10 team, finished #7 in comp polls at both CP and rivals)was ranked behind 6 FL teams (Inc teams with multiple losers and early playoff losers in a state that hands out championships like candy).....

... oh, plus Prattville, who lost to same team as DLS at home (vs 3000 miles from home) and also lost to Opelika 

at least with CP you generally know "why" -- I guess we can say that about DJ too except that he was just regionally biased and tried to prop up his poor #1. Choice at end of day

23 minutes ago, Pops said:

Can't say I was following hsfb in '04, but Lakeland finished #22 in the country with a pretty weak schedule

whats to complain about?

try justifying DJ's '11 ranking where DLS (won CA Open 35-0 v top 10 team, finished #7 in comp polls at both CP and rivals)was ranked behind 6 FL teams (Inc teams with multiple losers and early playoff losers in a state that hands out championships like candy).....

... oh, plus Prattville, who lost to same team as DLS at home (vs 3000 miles from home) and also lost to Opelika 

at least with CP you generally know "why" -- I guess we can say that about DJ too except that he was just regionally biased and tried to prop up his poor #1. Choice at end of day

Hmmm I can think of one game that occured between DLS and a FL team that might have had some effect.   In 2004 it was a dart board (a very shitty one at that).   As far as handing out championships like candy...the team that beat DLS 30-6 lost in the regionals.  Just saying. 

Westlake wasn't a top 10 team man.  Shoot St. Thomas wasn't a top 10 team either.  

9 hours ago, Pops said:

Glenview 

Glenville is a NFL football factory Pop.  They were coached by Ted Ginn Sr.  for many years.   They received serious homer treatment vs Dwyer in 2010.   Were you following HS football then?   You cant not know this school can you?   Once OK, but twice you've referred to them as Glenview or just number 80.  That's odd.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Hmmm I can think of one game that occured between DLS and a FL team that might have had some effect.   In 2004 it was a dart board (a very shitty one at that).   As far as handing out championships like candy...the team that beat DLS 30-6 lost in the regionals.  Just saying. 

Westlake wasn't a top 10 team man.  Shoot St. Thomas wasn't a top 10 team either.  

At the end of the day, Sta was a fringe top 100 team that imploded due to, among other things, a QB controversy -- conversely, DLS built up momentum again to be playing their best football at end of year when it's most important

they were in everyone's top 10 and #7 in 2 different comp polls -- except DJ who had the behind 2-loss FL teams, FL 1st round losers. 2-loss Prattville etc

my point was simply to point to a more egregious miss than '04 Lakeland at CP -- DJ's was fraudulent negligence whereas CP just could see Lakelands greatness thru their shitty schedule 

11 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Glenville is a NFL football factory Pop.  They were coached by Ted Ginn Sr.  for many years.   They received serious homer treatment vs Dwyer in 2010.   Were you following HS football then?   You cant not know this school can you?   Once OK, but twice you've referred to them as Glenview or just number 80.  That's odd.   

I know of them but did mix up glenville/ glenview -- my bad

i referenced #80 because that's what they were/ are

"NFL factory" means very little via-a-vis this board imho -- might mean that Oakland is the epicenter for football in NorCal or LA section in SoCal when in reality they're two of the worst areas 

5 hours ago, Pops said:

At the end of the day, Sta was a fringe top 100 team that imploded due to, among other things, a QB controversy -- conversely, DLS built up momentum again to be playing their best football at end of year when it's most important

they were in everyone's top 10 and #7 in 2 different comp polls -- except DJ who had the behind 2-loss FL teams, FL 1st round losers. 2-loss Prattville etc

my point was simply to point to a more egregious miss than '04 Lakeland at CP -- DJ's was fraudulent negligence whereas CP just could see Lakelands greatness thru their shitty schedule 

I know of them but did mix up glenville/ glenview -- my bad

i referenced #80 because that's what they were/ are

"NFL factory" means very little via-a-vis this board imho -- might mean that Oakland is the epicenter for football in NorCal or LA section in SoCal when in reality they're two of the worst areas 

No... the reality is your lost and have little knowledge of any team outside of NorCal. 

Glenville was on that MaxPreps Most NFL players By School list last week. 

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

No... the reality is your lost and have little knowledge of any team outside of NorCal. 

Glenville was on that MaxPreps Most NFL players By School list last week. 

I'll promise to try to stay current on MP articles and all their contents as soon as you stop trying to pretend to understand statistics and/ or math and/ or logic to try to debunk CP

5 hours ago, Pops said:

I'll promise to try to stay current on MP articles and all their contents as soon as you stop trying to pretend to understand statistics and/ or math and/ or logic to try to debunk CP

Doesnt take much to do so...  

CP as much is you dont wanna admit it is a product of Man and much like many other products of men.... it is flawed.... 

4 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Doesnt take much to do so...  

CP as much is you dont wanna admit it is a product of Man and much like many other products of men.... it is flawed.... 

Ok.... I don't disagree.  I've never said CP is perfect and always said take it with a grain of salt.  It will do things like place JC '12 @ #152 when they were probably a legit top 10 team, but then remember it's a rating, not ranking, and suddenly their # makes sense based on their accomplishments (i'd also concede Camden Co '10 another similar example)

that said, what are we comparing this flawed human invention to..... our expert, objective opinions?

see my point?

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Ok.... I don't disagree.  I've never said CP is perfect and always said take it with a grain of salt.  It will do things like place JC '12 @ #152 when they were probably a legit top 10 team, but then remember it's a rating, not ranking, and suddenly their # makes sense based on their accomplishments (i'd also concede Camden Co '10 another similar example)

that said, what are we comparing this flawed human invention to..... our expert, objective opinions?

see my point?

Might as well they both hold the same amount of water....