Hillary Clinton Ordered To Give Sworn Deposition After Judge Tosses 'Preposterous' Defense

Testadura

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/hillary-clinton-ordered-give-sworn-deposition-over-emails-benghazi-after-judge-tosses

Judicial Watch famously uncovered in 2014 that the “talking points” that provided the basis for Susan Rice’s false statements were created by the Obama White House. This Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit led directly to the disclosure of the Clinton email system in 2015. -Judicial Watch

The court also authorized discovery into whether the Benghazi controversy motivated the cover-up of Clinton’s email. The court ruled that the Clinton email system was “one of the gravest modern offenses to government transparency.” The State and Justice Departments continued to defend Clinton’s and the agency’s email  conduct. -Judicial Watch

[T]here is still more to learn. Even though many important questions remain unanswered, the Justice Department inexplicably still takes the position that the court should close discovery and rule on dispositive motions. The Court is especially troubled by this. To argue that the Court now has enough information to determine whether State conducted an adequate search is preposterous, especially when considering State’s deficient representations regarding the existence of additional Clinton emails. Instead, the Court will authorize a new round of discovery -Judge Lamberth

The Court has considered the numerous times in which Secretary Clinton said she could not recall or remember certain details in her prior interrogatory answers. In a deposition, it is more likely that plaintiff’s counsel could use documents and other testimony to attempt to refresh her recollection. And so, to avoid the unsatisfying and inefficient outcome of multiple rounds of fruitless interrogatories and move this almost six-year-old case closer to its conclusion, Judicial Watch will be permitted to clarify and further explore Secretary Clinton’s answers in person and immediately after she gives them. The Court agrees with Judicial Watch – it is time to hear directly from Secretary Clinton. -Judge Lamberth

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Men who like Hillary are a weird breed.  Best description I heard of HRC is that she reminds men of their first wife

She's almost as big a rag as Pelosi. Who can blame slick Willy as compared to Hillary Monica was gorgeous. And how the left forgets while they're so busy bitching about Trump's lies that's slick Willy on front of  the camera to  millions of Americans saying "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

She's almost as big a rag as Pelosi. Who can blame slick Willy as compared to Hillary Monica was gorgeous. And how the left forgets while they're so busy bitching about Trump's lies that's slick Willy on front of  the camera to  millions of Americans saying "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

No shock there. Lying, unethical and immoral behavior is acceptable by the left. They are proving that daily. 

46 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

No shock there. Lying, unethical and immoral behavior is acceptable by the left. They are proving that daily. 

LOL..and how many lies did Trump tell today??...silly fool...the vaccine will be ready "very soon" huh??...unethical??..LOL..you clowns know all about it...🤡

12 hours ago, Bormio said:

Men who like Hillary are a weird breed.  Best description I heard of HRC is that she reminds men of their first wife

and men who fear women??...I guess they get to be in the "he-mans women hating club" with Spanky and the gang??....😉

• Haha 1

I don't want to see any high-level politicians hounded by chicken shit--either side.  They have tough jobs running the only superpower for now, and eggs get cracked in making omelettes.  But thems ain't the standards employed here.  Plato dispatched these moronic notions of what is justice (help your friends; screw your enemies) a few pages into The Republic.  But some here still haven't caught on.

Not sure in this civil case that she can or will avail herself of the 5th.  Did she waive it by participating this much this far along?  And in civil cases a Judge has some input--the Judge gets to explore the basis for the assertion--and also, there can be adverse inferences when you don't answer.  Just some observations generally.

Leaving aside the possible illegality from top to bottom, this was an unmitigated disaster (what the fuck were we doing in Benghazi?), which had the truth come out, it might have resulted in Obama's not being re-elected and Hillary's career being over.  The NSC wouldn't answer questions.  Nor would the CIA.  A U.S. Ambassador hadn't been killed since under Pres. Carter in 1979.  We were clearly illegally running guns to those who used them against us (al-Qaeda and later ISIS).  Amb. Stevens had just been Obama's official liaison to Qaddafi's Islamist opposition (Muslim Brotherhood).  Before that, Qaddafi had been our former counterterrorism ally under Bush and Obama against jihadists (before we changed sides to the Muslim Brotherhood).  Congress never OKed toppling Qaddafi, and we violated UN resolutions in do so.

So, to cover up gun running and the political disaster and thus, to avoid facing the political consequences, people might have lied to Congress--pre-emails scandal.  And the press could give 2 shits, and neither did the Intelligence Committee or military or DOJ or the State Dep't.

Yes, Trump lied.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Testadura said:

I don't want to see any high-level politicians hounded by chicken shit--either side.  They have tough jobs running the only superpower for now, and eggs get cracked in making omelettes.  But thems ain't the standards employed here.  Plato dispatched these moronic notions of what is justice (help your friends; screw your enemies) a few pages into The Republic.  But some here still haven't caught on.

Not sure in this civil case that she can or will avail herself of the 5th.  Did she waive it by participating this much this far along?  And in civil cases a Judge has some input--the Judge gets to explore the basis for the assertion--and also, there can be adverse inferences when you don't answer.  Just some observations generally.

Leaving aside the possible illegality from top to bottom, this was an unmitigated disaster (what the fuck were we doing in Benghazi?), which had the truth come out, it might have resulted in Obama's not being re-elected and Hillary's career being over.  The NSC wouldn't answer questions.  Nor would the CIA.  A U.S. Ambassador hadn't been killed since under Pres. Carter in 1979.  We were clearly illegally running guns to those who used them against us (al-Qaeda and later ISIS).  Amb. Stevens had just been Obama's official liaison to Qaddafi's Islamist opposition (Muslim Brotherhood).  Before that, Qaddafi had been our former counterterrorism ally under Bush and Obama against jihadists (before we changed sides to the Muslim Brotherhood).  Congress never OKed toppling Qaddafi, and we violated UN resolutions in do so.

So, to cover up gun running and the political disaster and thus, to avoid facing the political consequences, people might have lied to Congress--pre-emails scandal.  And the press could give 2 shits, and neither did the Intelligence Committee or military or DOJ or the State Dep't.

Yes, Trump lied.

Thank you for posting. I like the no bullshit zone.

1 hour ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Thank you for posting. I like the no bullshit zone.

Cat,

Thanks, but there's some BS in all I say.  I can't help it.  Sometimes it's just in my selectivity.

But I do try to judge mostly by equal standards, which is why I try to focus on things that might make a difference.  If Hillary gets a pass on something with which major govt agencies and the 4th Estate are complicit, then we have to cut ding-a-ling some slack.

it's tough to be unbiased, and I don't know enough history or current events to tell when we're being harder on one but not another

1 hour ago, Testadura said:

it's tough to be unbiased, and I don't know enough history or current events to tell when we're being harder on one but not another

This issue has already been investigated by Congress, the State Department Inspector General and the FBI.

But you think you're being some even-handed hero by drudging up this same tired nonsense that has no bearing on anything whatsoever.

• Thumbs Down 1

16 minutes ago, The Guru said:

This issue has already been investigated by Congress, the State Department Inspector General and the FBI.

But you think you're being some even-handed hero by drudging up this same tired nonsense that has no bearing on anything whatsoever.

You were beaten up a lot as a kid...no doubt

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1