A person who attended CPAC last week tested positive for coronavirus. Many officials, including Trump and Pence, were also at the conference

RedZone

(CNN)The American Conservative Union announced on Saturday that one of the attendees at last week's Conservative Political Action Conference in National Harbor, Maryland, has tested positive for coronavirus.

President Donald Trump, Vice President Mike Pence and other administration officials attended the conference, though the ACU says the attendee did not come into contact with the president or vice president, nor did they attend events in the main hall.
The ACU said the Trump administration "is aware of the situation."
The White House confirmed in a statement that it was aware of an individual testing positive for coronavirus after attending the CPAC conference.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, RedZone said:

They better start taking this stuff seriously.......Maybe some more elbows and biohazard gas masks or something.

It is astounding how badly this is being controlled by the TRump administration. 

We always knew Trump would not be prepared for anything out of the ordinary but this is ridiculous. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, noonereal said:

It is astounding how badly this is being controlled by the TRump administration. 

Its a virus, nature prevails, does not matter who is in charge.  And Italy is taking more draconian measures than the US, how do their numbers compare?   5800 cases vs 400?  Isn't Italy the size of what, Ohio?  Guessing about the size there but you get my point.

And I am no fan of the current president.  Did not vote for the man nor will I later this year.

I have survived at ground zero for a week.  I have been around exposed patients and I am fine.  My staff is fine.  Seattle and the region is not the "ghost town" the media is portraying it to be.  There is toilet paper and bottled water in the grocery stores by my house...and as of yesterday, they both were on sale.  Am I taking measures to protect myself?  Hell yeah.  But am I worried about dying? Nope.  Am I worried about getting sick?  I almost expect to at this point and all it will mean is that I feel like crap for a few days and then I am right back into the breach.  I am more worried about my staff getting burned out.

This will continue to spread.  Millions will get sick.  Millions won't die.  It's a new strain of the flu, its not ebola.  Pay attention to the doctors.  Not the politicians, not the media, not the idiots buying and stealing masks.  

We will survive this one.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Rippers said:

Its a virus, nature prevails, does not matter who is in charge.  And Italy is taking more draconian measures than the US, how do their numbers compare?   5800 cases vs 400?  Isn't Italy the size of what, Ohio?  Guessing about the size there but you get my point.

And I am no fan of the current president.  Did not vote for the man nor will I later this year.

I have survived at ground zero for a week.  I have been around exposed patients and I am fine.  My staff is fine.  Seattle and the region is not the "ghost town" the media is portraying it to be.  There is toilet paper and bottled water in the grocery stores by my house...and as of yesterday, they both were on sale.  Am I taking measures to protect myself?  Hell yeah.  But am I worried about dying? Nope.  Am I worried about getting sick?  I almost expect to at this point and all it will mean is that I feel like crap for a few days and then I am right back into the breach.  I am more worried about my staff getting burned out.

This will continue to spread.  Millions will get sick.  Millions won't die.  It's a new strain of the flu, its not ebola.  Pay attention to the doctors.  Not the politicians, not the media, not the idiots buying and stealing masks.  

this has zero to do with mismanaging. 

10 hours ago, Rippers said:

This will continue to spread.  Millions will get sick

Serious question.

If someone is infected with the coronavirus but doesn't show any symptoms they can still spread the virus. That's the word.

If I were to get infected do I then have the coronavirus for life? 

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

If someone is infected with the coronavirus but doesn't show any symptoms they can still spread the virus. That's the word.

If I were to get infected do I then have the coronavirus for life? 

I could ultimately be proven wrong, but this is my educated opinion.

Someone may be infected with the virus and be contagious before they show symptoms.  But they will eventually get sick.  This could be anywhere from mild cold like symptoms to the need for hospitalization.  The average age--I don't know if this is worldwide or just in the US--of hospitalized patients is 60, the average age of those dying is 80.

You will have coronavirus until your body kills it off.  You will then have antibodies in your system for the rest of your life, just like with the regular flu.  The antibodies, in theory, will then prevent you from contracting the virus again.  But you won't have the actual coronavirus for the rest of your life.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

...so until then I'm still spreading the virus and possibly infecting others?

Potentially.  If you had it, it would appropriate for you to wear a mask and avoid the public.  That is why people are being told to self monitor and stay home if they feel sick.

27 minutes ago, noonereal said:

trump is a master mass physiologist, promoter extraordinaire,  he is no senior manager

in fact, i doubt he could manage a department in a department store, seriously 

Dude...you don't really believe this...its the TDS taking hold of your rational thinking.

Maybe quarantining people with TDS would be helpful

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

57 minutes ago, Rippers said:

Potentially.  If you had it, it would appropriate for you to wear a mask and avoid the public.  That is why people are being told to self monitor and stay home if they feel sick.

I get that part of the equation pretty well....seems like that could takes months or years in some cases.

I'm just confused on some stuff.

https://fortune.com/2020/03/06/coronavirus-recover-test-positive-twice/

Along with the global rise in infections and deaths is an increase in recoveries—more than 55,000 people have recovered from the disease as of Friday. While those recoveries are welcome news for a world on edge, public health officials in China and Japan have reported cases in which patients see their symptoms subside and are discharged from hospitals—only to test positive for the coronavirus again.

11 minutes ago, RedZone said:

They are learning more and more about it each day.  I have also heard that there are two different strains, so those cases about the patients getting it twice might be them getting both strains at different times. This is also why you get a flu shot every year and why people can still get the flu after getting a shot...the strains are different.  That is also why this one is "novel coronavirus".  Its a new coronavirus compared to ones seen in the past.

Either that or they test positive twice because they were discharged before they were fully recovered.  I don't know enough about those cases.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rippers said:

Vote red we cannot go back to the failed policies of obama 

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Rippers said:

They are learning more and more about it each day.  I have also heard that there are two different strains, so those cases about the patients getting it twice might be them getting both strains. This is also why you get a flu shot every year and why people can still get the flu after getting a shot...the strains are different.  That is also why this one is "novel coronavirus".  Its a new coronavirus compared to ones seen in the past.

Either that or they test positive twice because they were discharged before they were fully recovered.  I don't know enough about those cases.

Most people dont get the flu shot like myself 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I get that part of the equation pretty well....seems like that could takes months or years in some cases.

https://fortune.com/2020/03/06/coronavirus-recover-test-positive-twice/

Along with the global rise in infections and deaths is an increase in recoveries—more than 55,000 people have recovered from the disease as of Friday. While those recoveries are welcome news for a world on edge, public health officials in China and Japan have reported cases in which patients see their symptoms subside and are discharged from hospitals—only to test positive for the coronavirus again.

there have been a lot of problems with the testing kits. 

no one is sure if anyone has really gotten sick a second time at this point