A person who attended CPAC last week tested positive for coronavirus. Many officials, including Trump and Pence, were also at the conference

RedZone

3 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Wow...so a successful dept. manager could be a better POTUS?

You are entitled to your opinion..and I am entitled to think your opinion is bat shit crazy.

Hey at least I can look forward to more lasagna tonight!! 😎

yes

given the do not have TRump's mental illnesses. 

I have stew..... BUT, last light I had shrimp and clams over linguine with home made Italian bread. A salad of course. 

Oh, and cake. Not out of a store or box.  

Enjoy! 

Think I am gonna order a lasagna for during the week. (I better be nice to the chef!!!!!) 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, noonereal said:

yes

given the do not have TRump's mental illnesses. 

I have stew..... BUT, last light I had shrimp and clams over linguine with home made Italian bread. A salad of course. 

Oh, and cake. Not out of a store or box.  

Enjoy! 

Think I am gonna order a lasagna for during the week. (I better be nice to the chef!!!!!) 

Dude you eat too well to have to stand in line for bread.  Remember your bread making machine will be taken away and given to someone who doesn't have one...

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

77% of Americans are confident in the Trump Administration’s ability to handle the coronavirus.

Just 58% of Americans were confident in the Obama Administration’s ability to handle the Ebola virus.

Funny how the media doesn’t report this fact!

Shhhh. Facts hurt and confuse them.  Just look at all of Krusty the welcher emoji reaction...such a ❄

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Wow...so a successful dept. manager could be a better POTUS?

You are entitled to your opinion..and I am entitled to think your opinion is bat shit crazy.

Hey at least I can look forward to more lasagna tonight!! 😎

Last night was crab feed and tonight smoked a ham.  

116D55D4-A531-4ADC-A4D5-A7001CE09EF0.jpeg

AC2F79E5-B48E-40CF-B4F5-B4176EF2CA28.jpeg

• Like 1

Read a story about a 46 year old Georgia woman who went to the hospital with flu like symptoms and the hospital informed her she did not meet state/federal criteria for the coronavirus test and sent her home.....3 days later the woman goes back to hospital as her symptoms worsen and BAM.... She has the coronavirus.

Can we NOT do better than that??

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Read a story about a 46 year old Georgia woman who went to the hospital with flu like symptoms and the hospital informed her she did not meet state/federal criteria for the coronavirus test and sent her home.....3 days later the woman goes back to hospital as her symptoms worsen and BAM.... She has the coronavirus.

Can we NOT do better than that??

Story... 

https://www.macon.com/news/state/georgia/article240956196.html

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

My common sense theory is this hospital like many don't have enough coronavirus testing kits....or,  you have to be just about dead to get a test if you "walk-in" off the street.  

Its not necessarily whether or not they have enough tests, it is whether or not the hospital (or more realistically, the lab who would conduct the test) can safely handle the volume.  She was probably sent home, told to stay there and to avoid contact with others and then to come back if her symptoms worsen.  In most instances, she would not have needed to come back.

If any hospital had to treat every patient who showed up in their ER last week thinking they had the coronavirus, the people that were really sick would have not been able to receive the care they needed.

• Like 1

Just now, Rippers said:

Its not necessarily whether or not they have enough tests, it is whether or not the hospital (or more realistically, the lab who would conduct the test) can safely handle the volume.  She was probably sent home, told to stay there and to avoid contact with others and then to come back if her symptoms worsen.  In most instances, she would not have needed to come back.

If any hospital had to treat every patient who showed up in their ER last week thinking they had the coronavirus, the people that were really sick would have not been able to receive the care they needed.

...nah, I'm not buying any of that. 

On 3/8/2020 at 11:21 AM, RedZone said:

Serious question.

If someone is infected with the coronavirus but doesn't show any symptoms they can still spread the virus. That's the word.

If I were to get infected do I then have the coronavirus for life? 

Short answer is yes... Late to the post so if someone else answered already... cool beans.

7 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Short answer is yes... Late to the post so if someone else answered already... cool beans.

Actually some good news seems to be out there.  The incubation periods is on average much shorter than 14 days - likely around 5.  It does not seem very transmissible until symptoms appear (makes sense - coughing/sneezing transmits it).  And not apparently really transmissible after recovery.

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2020 at 1:27 PM, Rippers said:

I could ultimately be proven wrong, but this is my educated opinion.

Someone may be infected with the virus and be contagious before they show symptoms.  But they will eventually get sick.  This could be anywhere from mild cold like symptoms to the need for hospitalization.  The average age--I don't know if this is worldwide or just in the US--of hospitalized patients is 60, the average age of those dying is 80.

You will have coronavirus until your body kills it off.  You will then have antibodies in your system for the rest of your life, just like with the regular flu.  The antibodies, in theory, will then prevent you from contracting the virus again.  But you won't have the actual coronavirus for the rest of your life.

Thank you for taking the time Rippers...

The reason for different names. Corona virus alpha and beta, etc... Means there is a chance of getting another case of Covid but of another strain. 

6 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Actually some good news seems to be out there.  The incubation periods is on average much shorter than 14 days - likely around 5.  It does not seem very transmissible until symptoms appear (makes sense - coughing/sneezing transmits it).  And not apparently really transmissible after recovery.

Thank you for the updates...

Only 19 new cases in China yesterday- it is dying out there.  Pandemics always follow a pattern - a rapid explosion foretells a rapid fall off.  In the end, what really will limit the disease is nature itself - and nothing we do.  We can blunt it some, maybe slow it - but nature is going to run its course.

• Thanks 1