OT: Separate but equal?

rockinl

26 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I'm hip to the plan.  I'm already sucking up to my Mexican brothers and especially the sister's.  I'm hoping for an honorary membership.  

HAHAHA!!  Thats also part of the master plan, recruiting those sympathetic to the cause and making them honorary Mexis.  

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

Actually if I only read the headline I would have not said a word b/c I would have only read the headline.  I commented b/c I read the article and it bothered me on more fronts than one.

why?

how does a celebration of young black men and women bother you?

on more than one front?

2 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Ha ha let me guess Atlanta? No disrespect but there are some lovely Latinas in this picture. You look like Miklo!

This was a normal weekend until a few years ago. My best friend and I went to army together. His mom had 13 brothers and sisters and they all have bunch kids and all live in general area. We were together literally every weekend rain or shine to party. There have been several deaths in family last 5-6 years so the families don't hang as much now. This was actually a surprise party they threw for me. One of the cousins died on my birthday and I threw a fundraiser for him. So a few months later I showed up to park and they were all there to celebrate my Birthday that was missed. Amazing family. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Damn playa.  Looks like a family reunion for me.  But with your cooking skills I can see why. We love to eat!!

I learned a little from each of the aunts. I would watch them and ask them recipes. I can cook posole, carnitas, rice n beans,  etc. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, noonereal said:

and when were whites enslaved and a minority? 

It amazes me how folks what to ignore past inequities (that remain to this day). As if any type acknowledgement unpins their self worth. Think about it. 

Another thing I'd like to add here on the topic of Slavery.   I hear people all the time try and tell me how slavery ended 150+ years ago and blah blah blah.  It's like they don't realize that the civil rights movement didn't really get going until the 1950s-60s.

The truth is, the grandparents (and even some parents) of these kids graduating lived in a time where drinking from the wrong water fountain could have gotten you arrested.   

• Like 5

On 5/18/2017 at 11:28 AM, 954gator said:

Another thing I'd like to add here on the topic of Slavery.   I hear people all the time try and tell me how slavery ended 150+ years ago and blah blah blah.  It's like they don't realize that the civil rights movement didn't really get going until the 1950s-60s.

The truth is, the grandparents (and even some parents) of these kids graduating lived in a time where drinking from the wrong water fountain could have gotten you arrested.   

Hell we have some on this board that have openly called others on here a N****r!

Don't  need to look back 150 years or to the 1950-60's you can look at 2017 amd see ignorance and stupidity alive and well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sausmann9 said:

Actually if I only read the headline I would have not said a word b/c I would have only read the headline.  I commented b/c I read the article and it bothered me on more fronts than one.

Might want to reread that article then Safe Space, you missed quite a few words.

On 5/18/2017 at 11:33 AM, Cossacks said:

Hell we have some on this board that have openly called others on here a N****r!

Don't  need to look back 150 years or to the 1950-60's you can look at 2017 amd see ignorance and stupidity alive and well.

Like this post.?

Out of likes and it's not even noon yet.  We shouldn't have to put our likes on a budget. 

20 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

damn out of likes bro. Who's great idea was it to limit likes?

The site owner thinks it makes them more important if rationed.

Honest. He raised the daily limit from 10 to 15 but that was it.

Like DJ doing his future-cast poll back in the day. No accounting for what makes sense to people.