OT: Separate but equal?

rockinl

33 minutes ago, rockinl said:

What would be the reaction if this were reversed? How can "WE WANT EQUALITY....(as long as we get special treatment)!!!" not being divisive?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/black-harvard-students-holding-graduation-own-043624239.html

Very sad for sure!!!  Hell that just pisses me off b/c if I organized an "all white or whites only" anything and say I'm doing it because something is missing I would be labeled a Klansman, racist, bigot, etc..., be boycotted, most likely attacked, and reputation ruined for life by our shit-for-brains media.

If "THEY" want a separate graduation, give them a separate school to graduate from and call it Harvard Left or AA Harvard.  At least "THEY" won't taint the value and status of a real Harvard diploma which is given out during the true graduation ceremony.

3 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

Very sad for sure!!!  Hell that just pisses me off b/c if I organized an "all white or whites only" anything and say I'm doing it because something is missing I would be labeled a Klansman, racist, bigot, etc..., be boycotted, most likely attacked, and reputation ruined for life by our shit-for-brains media.

If "THEY" want a separate graduation, give them a separate school to graduate from and call it Harvard Left or AA Harvard.  At least "THEY" won't taint the value and status of a real Harvard diploma which is given out during the true graduation ceremony.

I know someone who only read the headline.

#Triggered

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Hilarious.  Sad, but hilarious nonetheless.  I will reserve saying anything further for the sake of the politically correct triggered portion of this forum.

how is it hilarious? 

I just don't 'get' comments like this. 

It's about recognition and bonding for a people who have long suffered. 

2 minutes ago, GloryDays said:

I know someone who only read the headline.

#Triggered

For the superficial but loud: 

"More than 700 students and guests are registered to attend Harvard's Black Commencement, which will take place two days before the school's traditional graduation events. It isn't meant to replace the existing ceremony, student organizers say, but rather to add something that was missing."

It's a true indictment on one's self when one carries on without knowledge. 

6 minutes ago, noonereal said:

"More than 700 students and guests are registered to attend Harvard's Black Commencement, which will take place two days before the school's traditional graduation events. It isn't meant to replace the existing ceremony, student organizers say, but rather to add something that was missing."

Try having something similar for whites for "bonding" purposes.  I could care less, it really does not bother me.  But at some point you have to let the past go.  Bringing it up constantly does more to hurt the cause of true equality than help it.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Try having something similar for whites for "bonding" purposes.  I could care less, it really does not bother me.  But at some point you have to let the past go.  Bringing it up constantly does more to hurt the cause of true equality than help it.  

and when were whites enslaved and a minority? 

It amazes me how folks what to ignore past inequities (that remain to this day). As if any type acknowledgement unpins their self worth. Think about it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

maybe being black is different than you perceive it? 

Or my misconception is about being human.

Look I am all for it. We should have a Miss Mexican America. a United Mexican fund, Historic Mexican Colleges...everything. Im down for the cause nor.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I read several of the comments and every one was an angry post.  I understand the initial reaction but damn, Its open for everybody to attend.  Show up and have a good time and celebrate.  Who knows, they might have a great time or even make a friend.  

Im convinced that the people who have a problem, just forget about that for a moment, and go learn from the people your angry with.  I guarantee that if people give a sincere effort in doing that they will benefit in ways they couldn't have anticipated.  

• Like 6

If they feel the need for a black commencement - have at it.  Maybe one day they won't feel the need to do so.  I do know that constantly telling others that they are racists is the surest way known to man to make them racists.  A life lesson that those struggling for equality would be wise to learn.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

Or my misconception is about being human.

Look I am all for it. We should have a Miss Mexican America. a United Mexican fund, Historic Mexican Colleges...everything. Im down for the cause nor.

HAHAHAHA.  Its all in the master plan homie. Shhhhh lets not leak any info. 

• Like 2