OT: Separate but equal?

rockinl

43 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Been a Braves fan since early 80s. Lot of Braves fans here in NorCal from wtbs days. I'll be at Braves vs As series next month! Front row next to Braves dugout each day! 

Watched a ton of WTBS with Skip Caray, Pete Van Wieren growing up the 80's. Dale Murphy and Bob Horner had absolute ownage on the Giants in those days, hated those guys :(

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Watched a ton of WTBS with Skip Caray, Pete Van Wieren growing up the 80's. Dale Murphy and Bob Horner had absolute ownage on the Giants in those days, hated those guys :(

Greatest game I ever saw way back in the days was Braves vs Padres. Pasqual Perez hit Allen Wiggins in the back first pitch and it was on from there. I think there were 6-7 different brawls that game. I remember Summers ( ? ) from Padres ran to Braves dugout and I think Horner had broken arm and came after him with cast on. It was craziest game ever. I'll look for link, there's a highlight of it. 

1 hour ago, NorCalRuss said:

Greatest game I ever saw way back in the days was Braves vs Padres. Pasqual Perez hit Allen Wiggins in the back first pitch and it was on from there. I think there were 6-7 different brawls that game. I remember Summers ( ? ) from Padres ran to Braves dugout and I think Horner had broken arm and came after him with cast on. It was craziest game ever. I'll look for link, there's a highlight of it. 

Lol, yes remember watching that, who could forget!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, noonereal said:

why?

how does a celebration of young black men and women bother you?

on more than one front?

1. we as a country fought hard as hell with death and pain as a common end for integration for all, ESPECIALLY at these types of institutions.  this assembly says that somehow the leadership of this great university just can't get it right.  for that I say find another school.  you want to have a kegger or picnic sure, but a special graduation FOR ONLY BLACKS because of blah blah blah; you are not that special to have a special graduation ceremony for things those of other colors supposedly missed, just find another school that pays more attention to the nonsense youre so worried about, like your ego or hearing your named called for whatever it is Harvard is not praising.  hell lets segregate and have a ceremony for the Irish, Italians, Germans, and Dutch just in case someone missed an accomplishment somewhere somehow.

2. as a student of the university I would have an issue of where the funds come from for this special event that ALL are NOT allowed to participate in but can attend.

3. lets all stop pretending to be concerned then with segregation and lets just do it modern day style.  it will be easier on all.  you may come to the special white graduation ceremony but you just cannot participate because this one is "special".  sound familiar??????????????????????????????????

1 minute ago, sausmann9 said:

1. we as a country fought hard as hell with death and pain as a common end for integration for all, ESPECIALLY at these types of institutions.  this assembly says that somehow the leadership of this great university just can't get it right.  for that I say find another school.  you want to have a kegger or picnic sure, but a special graduation FOR ONLY BLACKS because of blah blah blah; you are not that special to have a special graduation ceremony for things those of other colors supposedly missed, just find another school that pays more attention to the nonsense youre so worried about, like your ego or hearing your named called for whatever it is Harvard is not praising.  hell lets segregate and have a ceremony for the Irish, Italians, Germans, and Dutch just in case someone missed an accomplishment somewhere somehow.

2. as a student of the university I would have an issue of where the funds come from for this special event that ALL are NOT allowed to participate in but can attend.

3. lets all stop pretending to be concerned then with segregation and lets just do it modern day style.  it will be easier on all.  you may come to the special white graduation ceremony but you just cannot participate because this one is "special".  sound familiar??????????????????????????????????

and this seems like sound logic to you

1 you clearly don't understand segregation, you clearly don't understand the importance of acknowledging achievement within a group and your clearly have no empathy for history of the Africa American

2 i laughed at this petty justification

3 your equivalency here is ridiculous, totally flawed 

you sound like a typical Trumpet. As narcissistic as he is. me, me me ,me ,me so yes, it does sound familiar

I get it, you are the real American and you ain't sharing it now. 

guess what, last week my kid graduated (cum magna laude :)) and they had a separate ceremony just for the athletes. I guess that would have upset you too. 

anyway, thanks for your reply but try to look at it from a different perspective

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

1 you clearly don't understand segregation, you clearly don't understand the importance of acknowledging achievement within a group and your clearly have no empathy for history of the Africa American

you sound like a typical Trumpet. As narcissistic as he is. me, me me ,me ,me so yes, it does sound familiar

guess what, last week my kid graduated (cum magna laude :)) and they had a separate ceremony just for the athletes. I guess that would have upset you too. 

anyway, thanks for your reply but try to look at it from a different  my perspective

FIFY

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

serious question, 

Why do you (plural), so much of rural, white, hopped up on religion, Americans feel this is THEIR country? 

and feel so threatened by giving others a chair at the table?

Nor I am a very proud Mexican American. I was just pointing out that you seem to think your opinion is often the correct opinion. I don't think you should be giving the advise to look at it from another's point of view. No biggie homie

BTW not all "white" people are bad people. It is ok to like a few nor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Nor I am a very proud Mexican American. I was just pointing out that you seem to think your opinion is often the correct opinion. I don't think you should be giving the advise to look at it from another's point of view. No biggie homie

BTW not all "white" people are bad people. It is ok to like a few nor.

who does not?

often people hold opinions to shield off  facts... no good, not acceptable  

an opinion is only acceptable in the absence of fact, not in conflict with it

you may quote me

I know all white folks are not bad, we have the whole left coast and northeast coast as proof.

11 minutes ago, noonereal said:

who does not?

often people hold opinions to shield off  facts... no good, not acceptable  

an opinion is only acceptable in the absence of fact, not in conflict with it

you may quote me

I know all white folks are not bad, we have the whole left coast and northeast coast as proof.

Your opinion is what got President Trump elected. So IMHO you only have yourself to blame.

27 minutes ago, noonereal said:

anyway, thanks for your reply but try to look at it from a different perspective

just because someone's logic isn't your logic doesn't make it illogical.  

And I have empathy to some degree but this ceremony for only one skin color to participate in doesn't fall under that empathetic category.  Am I suppose to feel sorry for all blacks b/c of what some redneck assholes did to their family 30 or 40 or 50 years ago???  Am I suppose to be okay with their ceremony but not okay with a white ceremony b/c it will be deemed racist and insensitive to anyone who isn't white???  think about it.

athletics different from skin color, geeze that I'd thought you'd be able to tell.  not everyone can participate in athletic ceremony and thats not segregation to not allow anyone else to participate.  who paid for your sons banquet, the athletic dept most likely based off money they earned from performing.  much different.

2 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Your opinion is what got President Trump elected. So IMHO you only have yourself to blame.

don't follow

please elaborate

thanks

wait, you mean my overreaching encapsulating statements of hopped up, resent filled, entitled Christians?

I still blame Bush for this as it was he that took the great white Evangelical to a place of political power.

What's the difference? The dems tell the Africa Americans they are oppressed, the Cons tell the heartland white they are oppressed.

Anytime you tell someone this they love you! You have given them an excuse for their failings. 

4 minutes ago, noonereal said:

don't follow

please elaborate

thanks

wait, you mean my overreaching encapsulating statements of hopped up, resent filled, entitled Christians?

I still blame Bush for this as it was he that took the great white Evangelical to a place of political power.

What's the difference? The dems tell the Africa Americans they are oppressed, the Cons tell the heartland white they are oppressed.

Anytime you tell someone this they love you! You have given them an excuse for their failings. 

You said there are good white people in NE and the left coast. Killiar banked on this way of thinking.  Basically thought she had the heartland won. Because of this thinking she had her ass handed to her.

8 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

And I have empathy to some degree but this ceremony for only one skin color to participate in doesn't fall under that empathetic category.  Am I suppose to feel sorry for all blacks b/c of what some redneck assholes did to their family 30 or 40 or 50 years ago???  Am I suppose to be okay with their ceremony but not okay with a white ceremony b/c it will be deemed racist and insensitive to anyone who isn't white???  think about it.

understanding how the past effects people today, still impedes many of color, is key.

40-50 years ago is nonsense  

3 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

You said there are good white people in NE and the left coast. Killiar banked on this way of thinking.  Basically thought she had the heartland won. Because of this thinking she had her ass handed to her.

why would a good person vote for Hillary?