Wash Post Headline: Trump knew about this in January & mislead us intentionally. To prop up his support.

BigDrop

15 minutes ago, concha said:

I haven't denied the virus. I have criticized the media when deserved.

You didn't criticize tucker carlson...

In fact...your only contribution to the thread was asking Andy "How's things down at the unemployment office?" Oddly enough there's no Andy in the thread. 

bandicam 2020-03-20 21-39-12-518.jpg

• Haha 2

Looks like Guru, and RedZone are losing the messaging war:

Majority of Americans now say they approve of Trump's handling of coronavirus: poll

The majority of Americans now approve of President Trump's handling of the coronavirus pandemic, a reversal from just one week prior, according to a new Ipsos/ABC News poll.

Of those surveyed, 55 percent said that they approved of the president's handling of the situation, while 43 percent said they disapproved. The numbers were basically reversed from one week ago when 54 percent said they disapproved and 43 percent approved.

Despite the improvement in the approval rating, the public remains strongly partisan.

Nearly 70 percent of Democrats still disapprove of how Trump is dealing with the pandemic, while 92 percent of Republicans approve of how he's handled the crisis.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/488597-majority-of-americans-approve-of-trumps-handling-of-coronavirus-poll

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

In my line of work "what if exercises/safety training/professional development/etc" are critical. I have to admit some of them are a pain in the ass.

That said, the political world is a lot more forgiving than the private sector.

....dictator trump's absolute hatred of all things Obama probablly cost this country lives. No one can convince me otherwise.

No one gives a fuck what you think.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

Looks like Guru, and RedZone are losing the messaging war:

Majority of Americans now say they approve of Trump's handling of coronavirus: poll

The majority of Americans now approve of President Trump's handling of the coronavirus pandemic, a reversal from just one week prior, according to a new Ipsos/ABC News poll.

Of those surveyed, 55 percent said that they approved of the president's handling of the situation, while 43 percent said they disapproved. The numbers were basically reversed from one week ago when 54 percent said they disapproved and 43 percent approved.

Despite the improvement in the approval rating, the public remains strongly partisan.

Nearly 70 percent of Democrats still disapprove of how Trump is dealing with the pandemic, while 92 percent of Republicans approve of how he's handled the crisis.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/488597-majority-of-americans-approve-of-trumps-handling-of-coronavirus-poll

Fuck them both. Canes is the little boy who fell in love with the racist Cajun after yrs of captivity.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bormio said:

I have not been able to read their stuff.  Do you still have to register?

Bormio, I am a subscriber but on the front page scroll down a bit to “Live Updates.”  It notes that all links mentioned in the update are free.  It may be that this is the route you’ll have to take.  This is an extraordinary article published around 9:00pm EST.  It was also the opening feature on Bryan Williams.

2 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Well I can't read the link because I'm not a sunscriber.

Apology.  Thought this was open to all.  Apparently you have to open the link through “live updates” which you’ll find on the front page.  There the Post says that all stories linked within are free to all.

1 hour ago, concha said:

Listening to the crew here, you'd think the travel advisories and then restrictions and then bans never happened.

Ditto the start on a vaccine 8 weeks ago.

Or the public medical emergency and later later national emergency.

Or the efforts to get mask production moving and the orders for millions of them.

Seeking funding in the billions to combat the virus...

etc...

It's as if Trump cooked up the virus in a basement lab and then drove around America spraying it out the back of a truck.

Yeah and Trump said that he inherited a horrible Pandemic Agency and he ended up firing them.  He had 3 years to replace and fix the problem but didn't.  Permanent staffing is practically non-existent at the higher levels.

His administration didn't approve using the WHO Coronavirus tests because it wasn't supposed to be good enough. BIG MISTAKE.

He said that two hospital ships would be in NY and on the West Coast in about a week.  Both are under repairs and neither have staff or supplies.  Figure on a few months before they appear ready for duty.

The 500 million ordered masks will take 18 months to be produced.

While funding in the billions for a virus is certainly necessary many thousands and probably a lot more could have been saved it he valued telling the American people the truth instead of worrying about how his polling numbers would be affected.

If anything is more of a disaster than the current administration's response to Covid-19, it's the President himself.

• Like 2

In addition to the detrimental aspects of Covid-19 affecting our economy, the Russia/Saudi oil producing war has forced oil to drop to about $20 a barrel.  This is going to severely hurt oil producing and fracking states like Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, North Dakota, Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico, Alaska, that need a price of about $50 a barrel to be profitable.  Get ready for a rough ride, boys.

On any other day in history, this would be discussed for a full hour, every hour on cable news.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stanscript said:

In addition to the detrimental aspects of Covid-19 affecting our economy, the Russia/Saudi oil producing war has forced oil to drop to about $20 a barrel.  This is going to severely hurt oil producing and fracking states like Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, North Dakota, Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico, Alaska, that need a price of about $50 a barrel to be profitable.  Get ready for a rough ride, boys.

On any other day in history, this would be discussed for a full hour, every hour on cable news.

I agree and it will come home eventually. Really doesn't do us any good right now though because we are mostly staying home. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stanscript said:

Actually Feinstein's stock went up after she sold it.

Take a look at what Loeffler bought and sold.  The devil is in the details.

I also read that Feinstein's portfolio is in a blind trust. Never used one nor studied how it works, so,  not sure how she magically came out great in that, seems stinky on the surface. 

• Like 2

I don't think anything will come of this, because there is so much info about this virus available to the public, so everyone had to know the market would go down. Usually isn't insider trading about learning which stocks will go up and which stocks will tank, instead of knowing the whole thing is going down? And you didn't have to get a reading from Miss Cleo to know that.

Plus, I heard an economic expert of some sort today, say that information gathered from government briefings, doesn't technically fit the description of insider trading, as expressed in court decisions. And yet another talking head opined that those at the top always make the rules to benefit them. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I Wish I had the space to tell some of the stories of my liquidating much of our savings starting February 24th and what I experienced.  I was truly fortunate to start early (a month after the hearing noted above) because my company has a factory in China and I knew first hand what they were going through.  There are a couple of points that I want to mention for those reading this.

1.  It is not just stock.  It is also bonds including municipal bonds which have fallen dramatically.  Look at VWITX and how it has fallen since March 7th. Look at BND from March 9th to March 12th.  This is a corporate bund fund that is typically stable and lost almost 10%.
2.  Whatever you are invested in research what the insurance is that covers it. Especially money market funds some of which people describe as “being in cash.

3.  Take a look at REITS.  Some of the falls are breathtaking.

4.  Three and six month treasury bills have a negative return.  Serious.

Perhaps a major reason that I began to post on here about the potential severity of this crisis is both my company’s experience in China and the above.  

Sometimes it is not just being able to save a dollar.  It is more important to hold onto it.

Good luck to all.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

I don't think anything will come of this, because there is so much info about this virus available to the public, so everyone had to know the market would go down. Usually isn't insider trading about learning which stocks will go up and which stocks will tank, instead of knowing the whole thing is going down? And you didn't have to get a reading from Miss Cleo to know that.

Plus, I heard an economic expert of some sort today, say that information gathered from government briefings, doesn't technically fit the description of insider trading, as expressed in court decisions. And yet another talking head opined that those at the top always make the rules to benefit them. 

You are probably right. Like I said when I first pointed out what was obviously going on I said it was a lot like insider trading. For it to be insider they had to have specific knowledge about certain companies. They did know that certain types of companies would be hit extremely hard by the announcements and movement limitations they would be announcing soon.

The other part is where they violated the public trust. They were tamping down the seriousness of what was happening in the face of John Q. Public while behind the scenes they were selling off. You can say that smart traders and smart people in general were ignoring the politicians and listening to the media, but, as has been evidenced on here and duly noted too many times to count, a lot of people don't trust the media and having the president and other elected officials saying the opposite of the media did create a situation where the cronies could get out ahead of John Q. Idk if a case of insider trading could be made though. 

This is why it needs to be advertised to the general public what they did. The courts likely will do nothing to any of them. They already made their money now, so, now that the public sees they shouldn't really be trusted, get them the fuck out as soon as they can. If the public outcry can't force them to resign, nor can the public recall them, then, the next election is always right around the corner. 

Loeffler was appointed by the Georgia governor to fill a vacant seat. Her name is on the ballot in a few months.