The Stock Market

DarterBlue

5 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I made way to much this  week on options and my stocks , this week I can tell you for a fact my stocks are gonna take a huge dip

No my portfolio didn’t go up 2 or 5% this week , that shit went up %180 

all thanks to Darter For the hundreds of pointers , and most of it was luck, but this week was a really big confidence boost, learned a lot, and barely scratched the surface of knowledge to know about the market

A26A3606-6F5B-47BF-B308-D65CF96F9AF3.thumb.png.232a1ab1f489ed24517658f13176a8ca.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

all thanks to Darter For the hundreds of pointers , and most of it was luck, but this week was a really big confidence boost, learned a lot, and barely scratched the surface of knowledge to know about the market

A26A3606-6F5B-47BF-B308-D65CF96F9AF3.thumb.png.232a1ab1f489ed24517658f13176a8ca.png

Congrats, and continued success.   

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Thanks! Truly a remarkable week. The best I ever did was over $40k in a week. But that was on a capital balance of almost $300k. So only about 12%. Part of the reason I can't get your returns is because of risk management. Your account is currently relatively small. So, I am not going to knock you too hard on the risk management issue. But as it grows you will need to tighten that up. Why? Because no matter how lucky you are or how good you get, you will still have bad trades. You don't want a bad trade or consecutive bad trades to do huge damage. Remember my Conseco lesson and how I got my ass handed to me. It can take many months to years to recover from them.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I made way to much this  week on options and my stocks , this week I can tell you for a fact my stocks are gonna take a huge dip

Sometimes the trend goes in your favor for longer than you think. Like I was suggesting to Rokini sometimes you want to scale out of positions. 

5 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’m kicking about not buying any stocks in ual , I made a lot off options with Ual but I didn’t actually purchase any of their stocks 

The options are fine. You made money. There will always be other opportunities. Don't let a missed one cut you up too much. The key for this to work is to make consistent profits over time. Remember the losses are cost of sales or tuition. They are part of the experience. Keep them small or at least manageable. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, rockinl said:

Now I'm waiting on CHK to rebound in a BIG WAY. Fingers crossed. 

10 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Hmmmm stock price should go up by atleast $100 per share by September 

i might have to look into this 

thanks

CHK is not for me for a variety of reasons. But good luck to you both with it. 

Sign of the Times: So, in doing my weekend homework, looking for potential buys should I sell any of my existing positions or decide to increase my exposure (not likely, but I am flexible), my screens generated 14 stocks. Upon taking a deeper dive into each of them, I was alarmed by one fact: 7 of them, yes, fully half, were Chinese companies.

Why was I alarmed? Only a fairly small percentage of China's publicly traded companies are listed on the two major US exchanges. That Chinese companies were half of the stocks identified by my rigorous screening criteria, says a lot ...

Of the 7, the most intriguing of the "invaders" was ZTO Express, ZTO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

Sign of the Times: So, in doing my weekend homework, looking for potential buys should I sell any of my existing positions or decide to increase my exposure (not likely, but I am flexible), my screens generated 14 stocks. Upon taking a deeper dive into each of them, I was alarmed by one fact: 7 of them, yes, fully half, were Chinese companies.

Why was I alarmed? Only a fairly small percentage of China's publicly traded companies are listed on the two major US exchanges. That Chinese companies were half of the stocks identified by my rigorous screening criteria, says a lot ...

Of the 7, the most intriguing of the "invaders" was ZTO Express, ZTO. 

I've owned CHL (China Mobile) for several months... sold about 60 pct and held through the ex-dividend date and now we'll see.  It hasn't done much since I've owned it.  

Late Thursday bought LK (Luckin Coffee) at 3.98 and sold on Friday at 5.78   I stumbled upon the rise and rode the wave.    

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I've owned CHL (China Mobile) for several months... sold about 60 pct and held through the ex-dividend date and now we'll see.  It hasn't done much since I've owned it.  

Late Thursday bought LK (Luckin Coffee) at 3.98 and sold on Friday at 5.78   I stumbled upon the rise and rode the wave.    

Do you buy lots of stocks with dividends ??

I’m thinking about setting up a good portion of my portfolio for the long term with dividend stocks? You think it’s worth it?

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

You do realize Luckin is fraudulent? My son says it's really big and embarrassing news in China. But you made money, so I guess it's okay!

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Do you buy lots of stocks with dividends ??

I’m thinking about setting up a good portion of my portfolio for the long term with dividend stocks? You think it’s worth it?

It's been a core holding in my mutual funds exposure since I started investing.  I've been favoring large and midcap more aggressive style growth funds for the past decade with extra focus in the tech and health sectors. 

With stocks, my investing style is scattered with no real identity.  I'll buy anything from a penny stock to a safe large cap dividend yielding stock.  I did choose China Mobile for the dividend yield.    Long-term imo you can't go wrong with dividend yield focus, but I'd lean towards more aggressive growth for the long-term at your age with extra focus on tech and health care.  

Congrats on the stock gains!  Forgot to mention.  

9 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

You do realize Luckin is fraudulent? My son says it's really big and embarrassing news in China. But you made money, so I guess it's okay!

I'm well aware of it, but I saw a trending opportunity and made the 3 pointer.   My Mom's financial guru sold her position "luckily" before the shit hit the fan and the reason was due to the Coronavirus.  

11 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I'm well aware of it, but I saw a trending opportunity and made the 3 pointer.   My Mom's financial guru sold her position "luckily" before the shit hit the fan and the reason was due to the Coronavirus.  

In such cases, it's generally not good to touch that kind of merchandise. From both an ethical standpoint and from the standpoint of likely losses. Just saying ....

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

It probably is. And it would be a good time to book profits. I would be very hesitant to pay $45 for it unless you know they have secured financing. 

No unfortunately ima sit it out,, I would have bought at 25 but 45 is just to risky for my liking,, especially a company on border of bankruptcy