Realistically?

RedZone

How do you see coronavirus playing out?....will it ever play out?

I've read just about everything there is to read on coronavirus and I've come to the conclusion we are just wasting time. Peaks, curves, flattening, miracle drugs, models, and this and that. Sorta tired of it all.

Anyways, I'm pretty tired of this lockdown, hand washing and etc.

It has to end eventually........BUT, how?

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I've read just about everything there is to read on coronavirus and I've come to the conclusion we are just wasting time. Peaks, curves, flattening, miracle drugs, models, and this and that. Sorta tired of it all.

hand washing? You dirty fuck you should be washing your hands anyway.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, RedZone said:

When, and How, Does the Coronavirus Pandemic End?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-03/when-and-how-does-the-coronavirus-pandemic-end-quicktake

Good read......realistic.

1. So how does this end?

There’s a consensus that the pandemic will only end with the establishment of so-called herd immunity. That occurs when enough people in a community are protected from a pathogen that it can’t take hold and dies out. There are two paths to that outcome. One is immunization. Researchers would have to develop a vaccine that proves safe and effective against the coronavirus, and health authorities would have to get it to a sufficient number of people. The second path to herd immunity is grimmer: It can also come about after a large portion of a community has been infected with a pathogen and develops resistance to it that way.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I'm no doctor, scientist or any of that, but, having read and listened to many of the ones that have proven the be right more often than not, this thing will wind down/wrap up after roughly 80% of the population have been inoculated somehow. Either by having had and survived the virus or having been vaccinated for it. 

A lot of those people have started shifting to try understanding the future now. Studying whether people that have had it can potentially get it again, and/or, will they be symptomatic or asymptomatic, and most of all, will they be able to transmit it (again). 

I'm kinda with Norm MacDonald. I liked it better before we knew what was going to kill us all. xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

A lot of those people have started shifting to try understanding the future now. Studying whether people that have had it can potentially get it again,

That was my question 2 months ago....people laughed and pretended they knew the answer.

I'm no expert either but a lot of the stuff I was questioning months ago is coming to light just now........just common sense stuff.

....how can that be?

This lockdown is getting rougher and rougher on my head.....I don't know why next month looks any better really?

23 minutes ago, RedZone said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-03/when-and-how-does-the-coronavirus-pandemic-end-quicktake

1. So how does this end?

There’s a consensus that the pandemic will only end with the establishment of so-called herd immunity. That occurs when enough people in a community are protected from a pathogen that it can’t take hold and dies out. There are two paths to that outcome. One is immunization. Researchers would have to develop a vaccine that proves safe and effective against the coronavirus, and health authorities would have to get it to a sufficient number of people. The second path to herd immunity is grimmer: It can also come about after a large portion of a community has been infected with a pathogen and develops resistance to it that way.

one

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RedZone said:

That was my question 2 months ago....people laughed and pretended they knew the answer.

I'm no expert either but a lot of the stuff I was questioning months ago are coming to light just now........just common sense stuff.

....how can that be?

This lockdown is getting rougher and rougher on my head.....I don't why next month looks any better really?

If we're being totally honest, next month doesn't look any better bro. Not at all. 

The death rate may finally start dropping as nonessential people finally start staying home. The reality is probably not what anyone really wants to hear, but, probably need to know anyway. 

A vaccine was said to be 12 to 18 months out back in February. Not sure what the infection to population rate is currently, but, I'm guessing it's a race between 80% actually getting the virus and the 12-18 month elapsed time for the vaccination being ready

May as well hunker down and hope all that shit is wrong. May want to hope like we've never hoped before that the hot weather at least slows it a little, because the guys that have proven to be right most often say they don't really expect it to have a lot of effect. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm no doctor, scientist or any of that, but, having read and listened to many of the ones that have proven the be right more often than not, this thing will wind down/wrap up after roughly 80% of the population have been inoculated somehow. Either by having had and survived the virus or having been vaccinated for it. 

A lot of those people have started shifting to try understanding the future now. Studying whether people that have had it can potentially get it again, and/or, will they be symptomatic or asymptomatic, and most of all, will they be able to transmit it (again). 

I'm kinda with Norm MacDonald. I liked it better before we knew what was going to kill us all. xD

Now, here's some food for thought... testing is not available for everyone, hearing reports "word of mouth" people i.e. police officers that are infected with no symptoms.

Hell, I could be infected, currently no symptoms.

Darwinism at work it seems.

BGW

44 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Now, here's some food for thought... testing is not available for everyone, hearing reports "word of mouth" people i.e. police officers that are infected with no symptoms.

Hell, I could be infected, currently no symptoms.

Darwinism at work it seems.

BGW

What's this Darwinism? Is that some of that newfangled science bullshit? Ya know we don't buy that stuff back here on the OT. 

Franklin Graham says our sin caused this. All of our old and infirmed folks must pay the price for the sin of humanity. Apparently not the one's that have accepted Jesus as Savior though. Just the bad ones' sins, the ones that haven't accepted Jesus. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, RedZone said:

we are just wasting time. Peaks, curves, flattening, miracle drugs, models, and this and that. Sorta tired of it all.

Lmao 😂 and this is why we have viruses and ecoli, Fucking Cajuns haven’t been washing their hands  after taking Shits for years

lol out of everything you can complain about, you complain about washing hands

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

because the guys that have proven to be right most often say they don't really expect it to have a lot of effect. 

Those guys are probably right.......going to be a sad summer.

No Destin, FL for the Redzone's....NO nothing! 😀

19 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Those guys are probably right.......going to be a sad summer.

No Destin, FL for the Redzone's....NO nothing! 😀

Yeah, I know. It sucks for us all. Had a good few plans that it's difficult to realize are likely in the "not a chance" compartment. 

6 hours ago, RedZone said:

1. So how does this end?

There’s a consensus that the pandemic will only end with the establishment of so-called herd immunity. That occurs when enough people in a community are protected from a pathogen that it can’t take hold and dies out. There are two paths to that outcome. One is immunization. Researchers would have to develop a vaccine .......

Are you actually shocked that big business shows the #1 !!! inevitability of how this will end....

Will be....

...a big business solution  !!!!!  🥳

Shocking 🙄

PS...just ignore those last little 7 words of yours above...

BTW: If you are NOT just 'fooling yourself'...why do you start a thread asking a question of everyone....

.... and then just proceed to try and answer it yourself, for everyone else....

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What's this Darwinism? Is that some of that newfangled science bullshit? Ya know we don't buy that stuff back here on the OT. 

Franklin Graham says our sin caused this. All of our old and infirmed folks must pay the price for the sin of humanity. Apparently not the one's that have accepted Jesus as Savior though. Just the bad ones' sins, the ones that haven't accepted Jesus. 

Oh, now it's OUR SINS.  If Hillary or Obama were President. the pandemic would be characterized by Franklin Graham and the religious idiots of the right as punishment for having elected them.

3 hours ago, stanscript said:

Oh, now it's OUR SINS.  If Hillary or Obama were President. the pandemic would be characterized by Franklin Graham and the religious idiots of the right as punishment for having elected them.

Idk. Speak for yourself. I'm not included in his "our." xD

I see him as a crook that preys and his family has made quite a living at it. 

Here is some good news involving a potential vaccine. Potential human trials beginning in May after having shown promise in animals. 

Today Novavax announced it expects the first human trials of its COVID-19 vaccine candidate, NVX-CoV2373, to launch in mid-May. The nanoparticle vaccine has shown to be highly immunogenic in animal models

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.3f0c6cab014e3ae96aa5e1e468351976.jpg

Blue Horseshoe loves Novavax. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Here is some good news involving a potential vaccine. Potential human trials beginning in May after having shown promise in animals. 

Today Novavax announced it expects the first human trials of its COVID-19 vaccine candidate, NVX-CoV2373, to launch in mid-May. The nanoparticle vaccine has shown to be highly immunogenic in animal models

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.3f0c6cab014e3ae96aa5e1e468351976.jpg

Blue Horseshoe loves Novavax. 

LMFAO!   Well done and a great flick.  

• Like 1