Rush interviewed today

Ga96

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I thought this was a racially motivated issue at Valdosta with the allegation being the BOE wanted a black HC?  

Just some self entitled white people got their feelings hurt. Those who claim to love the school think they own the team and they think that they are really above the board in decision making when it comes to coaches. 

Fact is they have never had a black coach in over 100yrs. So one black board member texted another and said "its time for a black coach " i don't know how that is considered racist. Its the same as that byu alumni complaining because they had their first black starting QB. What it really boils down to is people not getting their way. The same black board members they blamed hired rush which I believe the hired the best coach possible. 

I think crawford will be their next HC after rush retires and he is black. Im sure rush will vouch for him so it'll be hard to go against hiring him depending on how they do in the upcoming years.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Just some self entitled white people got their feelings hurt. Those who claim to love the school think they own the team and they think that they are really above the board in decision making when it comes to coaches. 

Fact is they have never had a black coach in over 100yrs. So one black board member texted another and said "its time for a black coach " i don't know how that is considered racist. Its the same as that byu alumni complaining because they had their first black starting QB. What it really boils down to is people not getting their way. The same black board members they blamed hired rush which I believe the hired the best coach possible. 

I think crawford will be their next HC after rush retires and he is black. Im sure rush will vouch for him so it'll be hard to go against hiring him depending on how they do in the upcoming years.

Gotta ask this... any evidence an "entitlement" factor at play here "Dosta... "buying" playing time or using influence to gain advantage over the better athlete(s)? It's painting a picture that way it seems.

I get the whole black coach issue, that screams unfair treatment, hence the hiring cry for it. Guarantee Coach Propst is fair when it comes to the players, whomever gets the job done to win... gets the time.

BGW

7 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Rich white folks not getting their way and are mad surely you are joking.  They may even start their own high school to get away from those mean old black folks. I forgot they already did thats all over the country.  I hope and pray cooler heads will prevail and can control the white BOE members from revenge because they did not get their way. 

I wonder how many of those white BOE members have taken in homeless black kids like the coach they voted against did.

Another problem you can run into some local booster donates money to the program then thinks he should run the team.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Gotta ask this... any evidence an "entitlement" factor at play here "Dosta... "buying" playing time or using influence to gain advantage over the better athlete(s)? It's painting a picture that way it seems.

I get the whole black coach issue, that screams unfair treatment, hence the hiring cry for it. Guarantee Coach Propst is fair when it comes to the players, whomever gets the job done to win... gets the time.

BGW

Yes plenty of years where boosters kids who couldn't make a 20yrd pass magically became the starting QB. Alot of those same boosters complain but they have their kids attend private schools to avoid being around others kids that they pretend to support.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Rich white folks not getting their way and are mad surely you are joking.  They may even start their own high school to get away from those mean old black folks. I forgot they already did thats all over the country.  I hope and pray cooler heads will prevail and can control the white BOE members from revenge because they did not get their way. 

I wonder how many of those white BOE members have taken in homeless black kids like the coach they voted against did.

Another problem you can run into some local booster donates money to the program then thinks he should run the team.

None have helped any black kids. They don't know or care what's going on in those kids lives. They follow their "friends" agenda that's why you seen the same exact results in the voting. None of those mad bring up the fact that the board only hired white contractors when it came to the new school. Another big problem is from all that winning valdosta has boosters who aren't from valdosta and never played for the cats. Those boosters even feel entitled to thinking they run the team and the program.

They want to remove the board members but I think that would be terrible right now only because all the seats will be filled by those who will follow what the boosters  want instead of the fans in their districts. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ga96 said:

None have helped any black kids. They don't know or care what's going on in those kids lives. They follow their "friends" agenda that's why you seen the same exact results in the voting. None of those mad bring up the fact that the board only hired white contractors when it came to the new school. Another big problem is from all that winning valdosta has boosters who aren't from valdosta and never played for the cats. Those boosters even feel entitled to thinking they run the team and the program.

They want to remove the board members but I think that would be terrible right now only because all the seats will be filled by those who will follow what the boosters  want instead of the fans in their districts. 

Fucking crackers! 

scourge of the earth! 

😂 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Yes plenty of years where boosters kids who couldn't make a 20yrd pass magically became the starting QB. Alot of those same boosters complain but they have their kids attend private schools to avoid being around others kids that they pretend to support.

That was not the case with Rodemaker at QB, however...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Yet it took Marietta half a century to win two.

And? I’m not pumping a former coach like his nut is the lifeblood like many cc folk do. 

Is he a good coach? Absolutely! Perhaps great. But let’s be honest, two titles in 15 years scares who? Hell, give Morgan another 9 years to see if he can match rush and his two titles in the same time span.

Damndest thing. Many cc folk take way more pride in their alabama coach than they do their own community kids. And errrrbody here knows how much south jawja folks love their community kids. 

Some even have him as their avatar and he hasn’t been their coach for over a year. 

slurp

23 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Sounds like this may the first time rich entitled white BOE members or the rich ones that controll the  entitled white BOE members did not get their way in Valdosta.  99.9% of the time when this happens look for revenge at all cost. Next school board election they may foot the bill against the ones who voted for Rush and against Rodemaker.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

And? I’m not pumping a former coach like his nut is the lifeblood like many cc folk do. 

Is he a good coach? Absolutely! Perhaps great. But let’s be honest, two titles in 15 years scares who? Hell, give Morgan another 9 years to see if he can match rush and his two titles in the same time span.

Damndest thing. Many cc folk take way more pride in their alabama coach than they do their own community kids. And errrrbody here knows how much south jawja folks love their community kids. 

Some even have him as their avatar and he hasn’t been their coach for over a year. 

slurp

Because Morgan doesn't have a nut to pump. Also, you're too busy babbling about other coaches and teams.

Coach Morgan has a lot to prove before he can be mentioned in the same breath with the likes of Propst. Morgan had a dream team for 4 years and made one deep playoff run. Propst took a rural school to the state championship in half the years he coached here. Morgan will need to make the state championship every season for the next 4 seasons to match that. Also, Colquitt was at least a semifinalist every season except for 2 years with every playoff loss coming from the eventual state champion. 

It's unfortunate the we never saw Coach Morgan make it far enough in the playoffs to play Colquitt. Let's see if Marietta can beat an inferior Rogers led Colquitt Week 1. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Because Morgan doesn't have a nut to pump. Also, you're too busy babbling about other coaches and teams.

Coach Morgan has a lot to prove before he can be mentioned in the same breath with the likes of Propst. Morgan had a dream team for 4 years and made one deep playoff run. Propst took a rural school to the state championship in half the years he coached here. Morgan will need to make the state championship every season for the next 4 seasons to match that. Also, Colquitt was at least a semifinalist every season except for 2 years with every playoff loss coming from the eventual state champion. 

It's unfortunate the we never saw Coach Morgan make it far enough in the playoffs to play Colquitt. Let's see if Marietta can beat an inferior Rogers led Colquitt Week 1. 

Inferior?!? For the last three years on the vent I’ve seen cc folk say, “You better get us this year because after that we’re stacked for five or six years.” Now they’re inferior?!? Get the fuck outta here!

We were lined up in the same bracket this year but parkview sodomized the packers and that ended our meeting. 

I don’t now if Marietta would’ve beaten cc in 17 or 18, but I know they wouldn’t have been held to the embarrassing ass offensive numbers that the offensive gurus team was in the title games!  

Hell! A bunch of sophomores and a team missing our best player after the first quarter scored 41 against north gwinnett. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Inferior?!? For the last three years on the vent I’ve seen cc folk say, “You better get us this year because after that we’re stacked for five or six years.” Now they’re inferior?!? Get the fuck outta here!

We were lined up in the same bracket this year but parkview sodomized the packers and that ended our meeting. 

I don’t now if Marietta would’ve beaten cc in 17 or 18, but I know they wouldn’t have been held to the embarrassing ass offensive numbers that the offensive gurus team was in the title games!  

Hell! A bunch of sophomores and a team missing our best player after the first quarter scored 41 against north gwinnett. 

By inferior, I am referring to Roger's leading them. Propst took less talented teams to state championships.

As for a common opponent vs NG... It's meaningless when the Marietta defense gives up 1000 points in a loss. Had you made it far enough, your team wouldn't have to daisy chain results.

8 semifinals

5 finals

2 championships

That's 3 things Marietta has yet to accomplish in their entire existence, yet Rush did it in 10 years.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Sounds like this may the first time rich entitled white BOE members or ones controlled by rich entitled BOE members did not get their way in Valdosta.  99.9% of the time when this happens look for revenge at all cost. Next school board election they may foot the bill against the ones who voted for Rush and against Rodemaker.  

That's what it is and that's why I would be against them removing the current board because every seat will be filled with someone who is basically doing what politicians do and listening to those with the money instead of going with what's in the best interest of the kids.

4 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

This is true but he was the only qb on their roster with real experience. I don't see him ever playing at fsu and that's because I think they'll be bringing in a 5 star qb either next year or the year after. 

4 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Ill give you a perfect example. Michael Barrett. Rodemaker dint give him the time of day at QB. Had the kid playing linebacker and he transfers to lowndes and end up throwing the ball all over the place and definitely better than the qbs that valdosta had during the same time frame. Heck I think hes second all time for lowndes in passing stats behind cole parker. In my opinion he should have been Michigan's QB at lesser this past season. They saw his athleticism and tried to put him on offense and defense but not at the position he shined at in high school. Hes in the 6'-6'2 range and can run as fast as most receivers and has an arm.  

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

By inferior, I am referring to Roger's leading them. Propst took less talented teams to state championships.

As for a common opponent vs NG... It's meaningless when the Marietta defense gives up 1000 points in a loss. Had you made it far enough, your team wouldn't have to daisy chain results.

8 semifinals

5 finals

2 championships

That's 3 things Marietta has yet to accomplish in their entire existence, yet Rush did it in 10 years.

Like I’ve said many times.......never seen so many grown man slurp up another grown man like you do rush. 

I know this, Marietta is the defending state 7A champion. I know it hurts. But hey, congrats on those 2 titles and Second place finishes Back in the day! I watched the last two and if it weren’t for shitty coaching It’s would be 4 titles!

Of course, that was errrrbody else’s fault cc lost those games ‘cept your boy. 

amiright? 

5 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Like I’ve said many times.......never seen so many grown man slurp up another grown man like you do rush. 

I know this, Marietta is the defending state 7A champion. I know it hurts. But hey, congrats on those 2 titles and Second place finishes Back in the day! I watched the last two and if it weren’t for shitty coaching It’s would be 4 titles!

Of course, that was errrrbody else’s fault cc lost those games ‘cept your boy. 

amiright? 

I'll give him a mulligan in the Walton game. Lot of  cheesy/questionable calls in the last 42 seconds of that one. Milton simply  outplayed CC. Beat the shit out Cardinal Gibbons, who went on to win Florida's  5A in a waltz.

• Thanks 1