Jamie DuBose while at Prattville

HooverOutlaw

Lowndes fans don't act so pure DuBose has forfeited games for illegal move ins.

Skip to content

Prattville High, student-athletes sanctioned by AHSAA

By John Shryock and Jennifer Horton | August 16, 2011 at 5:21 PM CDT - Updated June 25 at 3:00 AM
3SARLM2QCRHEFH4DSNXVCTTHXA.jpg

MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The Alabama High School Athletic Association has issued sanctions against Prattville High School after investigating alleged rules violations.

After the investigation concluded, the AHSAA handed down probations, fines and forfeitures.

The investigation centered on the students' home addresses. The AHSAA has very strict rules regarding student transfers to other schools and the time frame those transfers have before students can lace up and hit the field.

The investigation showed that in some cases parents submitted false addresses in an effort to enroll the student. In other cases, the students moved during the year but the school was never notified.

Superintendent Greg Faulkner explains, "None of my administrators or coaches did any of these things knowingly.  There's just a lot of kids who want to succeed.  We've got to do a better job."

Rivals.com recently ranked the Lions #1 in the nation. "They work hard...everyone works hard...it's nice to be recognized for that hard work," said Autauga County Superintendent Greg Faulkner.

Principal Richard Dennis explains, "We draw attention, people do want to move here and participate in athletics for that reason."

Faulkner says the school system requested a full investigation by the AHSAA when it learned of the situation.

Dennis says, "I can't say this is a best case scenario.  We have people suffering here at school.  We've taken a real punch."

As punishment for rules violations, the football team will be forced to forfeit three games from the 2010 season. The basketball team must forfeit approximately 30 games.

Two student athletes were singled out in the investigation and will be punished. One will sit out the first five football games the Lions play in the 2011 season. The other, a basketball player, must sit out the first 33 basketball games.

The AHSAA says the decision will be the students' restitution for rules violations.

As for the high school, PHS will have to pay $600 in fines for the incidents.

Copyright 2011 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.

RELATED STORIES

satrad_3state_thumb.jpg
weather icon
Currently in
Montgomery, AL
FULL FORECAST

RECENT CONTENT

He won't need to do that at Lowndes and if he does I will have the same views on him as those like marrietta and grayson. I don't respect it at all. Recruiting players to win is an absolute joke and I don't care if it's md or sjb. Anyone above a middle school coaching level can look great with recruited talent.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Can make fun of Rush if your coach had to forfeit games.

Forgot. You suckle from the teat. We went round and round. No need to go again, unless you’re bored. 

And as much shit as I’ve taken about Marietta’s wrong box checked transgressions, I can make fun of errrbody! 

37 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

He won't need to do that at Lowndes and if he does I will have the same views on him as those like marrietta and grayson. I don't respect it at all. Recruiting players to win is an absolute joke and I don't care if it's md or sjb. Anyone above a middle school coaching level can look great with recruited talent.

So I guess you don’t respect all of the cheating bastards down your way from the past either, eh sparky?!? 

Or we gon’ pretend like that shit didn’t happen?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Valdosta DB Willie Brown transfers to Lowndes https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.valdostadailytimes.com/sports/local_sports/valdosta-db-willie-brown-transfers-to-lowndes/article_50584351-08fe-556e-b2cc-2e8ab0f08e70.amp.html

2 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Forgot. You suckle from the teat. We went round and round. No need to go again, unless you’re bored. 

And as much shit as I’ve taken about Marietta’s wrong box checked transgressions, I can make fun of errrbody! 

Point is if Lowndes fans can dish it out got to able to take it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I agree. My point is that errrbody is in on the game. Nobody runs a perfectly clean program regardless of the lies people wanna tell. 

Holier than thou people should keep their fucking yaps shut because I promise you them and theirs are not without sin. 

I love that the whining lowndes bitches are now in the thick of the cheating garbage. The whole county is. 

Just like the good ol’ days!

29 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I agree. My point is that errrbody is in on the game. Nobody runs a perfectly clean program regardless of the lies people wanna tell. 

Holier than thou people should keep their fucking yaps shut because I promise you them and theirs are not without sin. 

I love that the whining lowndes bitches are now in the thick of the cheating garbage. The whole county is. 

Just like the good ol’ days!

In 97 and 98 Hoover was clean problem is we went 3-7.  Lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Can we all agree lowends county is now the epicenter of cheating in HSFB?!?

😂

Just now? 

C'mon man... they practically invented cheating over there. 

Hell, the video proving it even has Hank Williams saying they're cheatin' heart is tellin' on 'em...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Idk why people keep posting that transfer about the willie brown kid. He never played for Lowndes and remained at valdosta his whole career. I have no problem when people bring up lowndes or valdosta when they have facts.

Like I said he won't need to do that here there is enough talent to win if he is as good as everyone thinks he is. Same with rush.

I haven't heard of any south ga teams bring in 4 and 5 star recruits like marrietta did last year and the year before or like grayson has done this year and many years in the past. Even when propst recruited those kids to the packers I don't remember those kids being crazy 4 and 5 star recruits.

The larry guy claims its cause the kids wanted to move to a better situation which makes 0 sense with all the schools up there on top of a school not winning for 50years no chance in hell anyone would think that school is what's best for them.

Ill be the first to say lowndes wasn't working with much from a headcoach perspective. The guy wasn't bright at all. He won those early championships on pure player talent not his coaching. It was the Wing T nothing flashy you just line up push and run left,right, or up the middle. Every now and then they threw in a bootleg dump off pass. As soon as that huge talent left he won nothing else. Its clear as day who was holding that program back. Hell Madison didn't even want him back after he left. They were glad he left. Colquitt brings up that video but hell look who was coaching. If I remember correctly they still almost won the game. It wasn't right or respectful but I didn't like the coach anyways so it wasn't surprising. 

34 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Any truth that a few of rush’s benefactors Are going chip in at dosta? 

Idk. I knew of one that's dad was for sure saying they'd move if they had to, but commute and take others if they didn't have to... This c-19 thing has everything screwy and questionable now though. 

If I was giving advice to kids and parents, I'd be saying hedge your bets and entertain all early offers if you're a c/o 21 kid. Maybe even commit early if you have a good offer that you may hold out on otherwise. These ain't normal times. 

18 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

095B34C1-EC09-49FC-8FE1-8A40D38D9D0E.jpeg

Yep. Moved down, entire family. Sat on the bench for a year, graduated 2 years ago, and most of the family is still here. Only his mom is currently out of town now as, he drove her to the airport last week so she could fly to Michigan and pitch in on the front lines of "your" Covid-19  "hoax." 

Won the starting job at UConn last season before they had some huge exodus of starters. I haven't talked with him about UConn lately, so not sure if he'll stay there or not. 

Great kid though. Great family too. 

#michigankidsarepeopletoo

22 hours ago, Ga96 said:

I haven't heard of any south ga teams bring in 4 and 5 star recruits like marrietta did last year and the year before or like grayson has done this year and many years in the past. Even when propst recruited those kids to the packers I don't remember those kids being crazy 4 and 5 star recruits.

The larry guy claims its cause the kids wanted to move to a better situation which makes 0 sense with all the schools up there on top of a school not winning for 50years no chance in hell anyone would think that school is what's best for them.

I know this is outside your realm of experience but there are lots of reasons to transfer that may or may not relate to football.  Or that could add to football reasons and make it worth while for the family to make a move.  Depending on where you are coming from, a different school can fit your needs better whether it be athletics or (gasp!) academics or (oh my!) community or even (holy cow!) all of the above.  Just because it is outside what you are familiar with doesn't mean it can't or doesn't happen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fred said:

I know this is outside your realm of experience but there are lots of reasons to transfer that may or may not relate to football.  Or that could add to football reasons and make it worth while for the family to make a move.  Depending on where you are coming from, a different school can fit your needs better whether it be athletics or (gasp!) academics or (oh my!) community or even (holy cow!) all of the above.  Just because it is outside what you are familiar with doesn't mean it can't or doesn't happen.

Buddy, you can’t tell somebody who knows everything anything! 

On 4/20/2020 at 8:32 PM, Ga96 said:

Idk why people keep posting that transfer about the willie brown kid. He never played for Lowndes and remained at valdosta his whole career. I have no problem when people bring up lowndes or valdosta when they have facts.

Like I said he won't need to do that here there is enough talent to win if he is as good as everyone thinks he is. Same with rush.

Ill be the first to say lowndes wasn't working with much from a headcoach perspective. The guy wasn't bright at all. He won those early championships on pure player talent not his coaching. It was the Wing T nothing flashy you just line up push and run left,right, or up the middle. Every now and then they threw in a bootleg dump off pass. As soon as that huge talent left he won nothing else. Its clear as day who was holding that program back. Hell Madison didn't even want him back after he left. They were glad he left. Colquitt brings up that video but hell look who was coaching. If I remember correctly they still almost won the game. It wasn't right or respectful but I didn't like the coach anyways so it wasn't surprising. 

Do you realize how stupid all of this sounds?

Never mind. I forgot who I was talking too. 

Carry on