Two Months Ago Today - Feb 20, 2020

15yds4gibberish

On Feb 20, 2020 Neither the U.S. nor S. Korea had yet recorded a death from the virus.

On March 20, 2020 S. Korea had recorded 100 deaths, and the U.S. 150.

Today April 20, 2020  S. Korea has recorded 236 deaths and the U.S. has surpassed 40,000.

You can make your own chart, comparing any countries here:https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-usa 

image.png.897884d6e7c6c1e090f68e53d39b1042.png

South Korea is now re-opening malls, restaurants, and clubs.  But it's also worth noting what such a re-opening model entails -- test and trace apparatus capable of identifying and following up with 1000+ people within 48 hours of a positive test.  

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-southkorea/south-koreans-return-to-work-crowd-parks-malls-as-social-distancing-rules-ease-idUSKBN2220EO

• Thanks 6

The case of a chart being worth a 1000 words. We seem to have peaked (keeping my fingers crossed), but have paid an enormous price. All while a bunch of freaking ignoramuses keep shouting for us to open up the economy! These are truly strange times. 

Meanwhile, the price of a barrel of US, West Texas intermediate, has plunged below $1 per barrel. I am an old man but have never seen oil prices this low. Adjusted for inflation, it is currently trading for a fraction of a cent. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

The case of a chart being worth a 1000 words. We seem to have peaked (keeping my fingers crossed), but have paid an enormous price. All while a bunch of freaking ignoramuses keep shouting for us to open up the economy! These are truly strange times. 

Meanwhile, the price of a barrel of US, West Texas intermediate, has plunged below $1 per barrel. I am an old man but have never seen oil prices this low. Adjusted for inflation, it is currently trading for a fraction of a cent. 

NY has peaked... Other parts of the nation, not so much

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

NY has peaked... Other parts of the nation, not so much

NYC and surrounding suburbs is the most densely populated part of the country. NYC is the only city in America that can sort of compete with the major Asian cities with respect to density.

Sadly for NY, but fortunately for the rest of the USA, I don't expect that any other state will have the kind of devastation that my former home has had. 

But, yes, I expect several states that have not taken this seriously, to have their Armageddon before it's all over.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

On Feb 20, 2020 Neither the U.S. nor S. Korea had yet recorded a death from the virus.

Today April 20, 2020  S. Korea has recorded 236 deaths and the U.S. has surpassed 40,000.

You can make your own chart, comparing any countries here:https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-usa 

South Korea is now re-opening malls, restaurants, and clubs.  But it's also worth noting what such a re-opening model entails -- test and trace apparatus capable of identifying and following up with 1000+ people within 48 hours of a positive test.  

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-southkorea/south-koreans-return-to-work-crowd-parks-malls-as-social-distancing-rules-ease-idUSKBN2220EO

The investigation will not be pretty.

6 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

South Korea counting actual deaths caused by Wuhan. America counts deaths by probable Wuhan.

Hospitals in South Korea aren't given 100's of thousands dollars per patient and death related to Wuhan. Hospitals in America getting big bucks.  

Hospitals in NY are given 13k per Wuhan patient it doubles if patients die by Wuhan. 

100 billion was set aside for hospitals in the Cares act. Read it look how much hospitals get for treating the Wuhan.

2 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

South Korea counting actual deaths caused by Wuhan. America counts deaths by probable Wuhan.

Hospitals in South Korea aren't given 100's of thousands dollars per patient and death related to Wuhan. Hospitals in America getting big bucks.  

Hospitals in NY are given 13k per Wuhan patient it doubles if patients die by Wuhan. 

WTF? You smoking some strong stuff, man?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Hospitals will receive a 20% bonus for treating patients with Wuhan. 

Read the damn cares act man. It is like always follow the money.

That’s what GSB was posting about them saying anyone who had the virus in their system at the time of death is being described as dying from the virus as the cause. 

People on the list for HOSPICE caught the virus and they said that was the cause of death. Literally people with less than a month to live are being chalked up as China Virus deaths. 

The number is so much lower and crashing the economy is the worst thing we could have done. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Hospitals will receive a 20% bonus for treating patients with Wuhan. 

Read the damn cares act man. It is like always follow the money.

Article is 10 days old, and the data 16 days old, but it illustrates the point.  Total monthly deaths in NYC, all causes, are way up, more than double normal.  It certainly isn't due to car accidents.   Even September 2001 had fewer.  Next month's data will be worse.

image.thumb.png.80a568236142dbd79eb89cf4343608b5.png

Link: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/10/upshot/coronavirus-deaths-new-york-city.html?searchResultPosition=4

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Article is 10 days old, and the data 16 days old, but it illustrates the point.  Total monthly deaths in NYC, all causes, are way up, more than double normal.  It certainly isn't due to car accidents.   Even September 2001 had fewer.  Next month's data will be worse.

image.thumb.png.80a568236142dbd79eb89cf4343608b5.png

Link: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/10/upshot/coronavirus-deaths-new-york-city.html?searchResultPosition=4

Man did you read the article you posted?

The deaths may be caused. The deaths are most likely the cause. Other words we are guessing. And what are they using to make these guesses? More messed up models.

11 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Read the cares act look it up. Look how much money the department of health was given. Then read how the department of health distributes that money.

Read it man

I would have a lot more sympathy for your position and would be inclined to read your links if you stopped referring to it as Wuhan. That is damn sure racist, consistent with what I believe you to be, and further demonstrates your total ignorance of Chinese culture and civilization. But you have likely never visited the country, are steeped in supremacist ideology and are just ignorant of everything outside your limited little bubble.

Carry on ... 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I would have a lot more sympathy for your position and would be inclined to read your links if you stopped referring to it as Wuhan. That is damn sure racist, consistent with what I believe you to be, and further demonstrates your total ignorance of Chinese culture and civilization. But you have likely never visited the country, are steeped in supremacist ideology and are just ignorant of everything outside your limited little bubble.

Carry on ... 

Where is the EBOLA river? What was the Asian flu pandemic? How about the West Nile Virus or the Rocky mountain fever or Lyme disease or MERS ( MiddleEast Respitory Syndrome) or the Marburg Disease. All these were named from the orgin for which they came.

As for my little bubble? Ill put the number of countries Ive been too against yours any day.

As for your soft fucking feelings, cry me a river. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

Where is the EBOLA river? What was the Asian flu pandemic? How about the West Nile Virus or the Rocky mountain fever or Lyme disease or MERS ( MiddleEast Respitory Syndrome) or the Marburg Disease. All these were named from the orgin for which they came.

Yeah, it's almost as if the WHO stopped doing that a few years ago.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/05/discovered-disease-who-has-new-rules-avoiding-offensive-names

Among the existing monikers that its new guidelines “for the Naming of New Human Infectious Diseases” would discourage: Ebola, swine flu, Rift Valley Fever, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, and monkey pox. Instead, WHO says researchers, health officials, and journalists should use more neutral, generic terms, such as severe respiratory disease or novel neurologic syndrome.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

As for my little bubble? Ill put the number of countries Ive been too against yours any day.

As for your soft fucking feelings, cry me a river. 

Exactly. Nothing racist about the name.

Darter is off his rocker(chair) if he cries you a river and that river creates a virus I'm calling it the Darter Blue virus!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

^^ this guy follows me around sniffing my balls like a lost puppy. Canes I dont care to speak with you. Your opinion of what I type means shit to me. 

Apparently you cared enough to post this even though you're presumably blocking me.

My facts are inconvenient for you since pretty much everything you say is either a lie or a misrepresentation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Exactly. Nothing racist about the name.

Apparently, the organization who names these things thought it was enough of a problem that they changed their naming conventions.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/05/discovered-disease-who-has-new-rules-avoiding-offensive-names

Naming diseases has long been a fraught process. Badly chosen names can stigmatize people, as did gay-related immune deficiency, an early name for AIDS. They can also lead to confusion and hurt tourism and trade. The so-called swine flu, for instance, is not transmitted by pigs, but some countries still banned pork imports or slaughtered pigs after a 2009 outbreak. More recently, some Arab countries were unhappy that a new disease caused by a coronavirus was dubbed Middle East respiratory syndrome.

🤷‍♂️

But, thankfully, we've got you two illiterate geniuses on the beat. You'll set everybody straight.

• Thanks 3

10 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Man did you read the article you posted?

The deaths may be caused. The deaths are most likely the cause. Other words we are guessing. And what are they using to make these guesses? More messed up models.

Dead bodies.

As fate would have it, the NY Times just posted an article an hour ago about excess mortality rates around the world (same as NYC above).  The deep state must be really good if it can cook excess mortality statistics in Jakarta and Turkey.

image.png.5cc88d61aa9690dac0700af3deb3e955.png

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/21/world/coronavirus-missing-deaths.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

• Like 1