here's a good read if bored - Dan Kendra III at FSU.

sausmann9

41 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Fascinating... I remember Kendra at FSU and some of the trials and tribulations, but not the details...

Thanks, Sausmann9.

bgw

https://highschoolfootballamerica.com/dan-kendra-the-ultimate-flip-flop/

The dude was scary in high school!!!  At least in college you have other players at 6'2" and about 220lb running lights-out fast but in high school that's scary shit!  He was a soph when my youngest bro was a senior and it was all business w/ that kid on the field.  Fascinating freak of nature at that age - size, strength, speed and freakin' gazelle-like jumping ability like you wouldn't believe.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2020 at 11:18 AM, sausmann9 said:

https://www.sbnation.com/longform/2013/2/7/3960094/dan-kendra-profile-florida-state-football-recruiting

and yes the story is true about him driving an ice cream truck with skulls all over it, lol.  

some of you FSU and Florida guys might remember him as well.  He was fun to watch in high school for sure.

enjoy.

The only thing that could top this Dan Kenra story is a good story about Ryan Perrilloux.

both stories could start off with......"What the HELL are doing these days?"

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

The only thing that could top this Dan Kenra story is a good story about Ryan Perrilloux.

There both stories could start off with......"What the HELL are doing these days?"

Lotta guys like that. 

Noel Devine comes to mind. I remember watching Seneca Wallace take sorry ass Iowa State and almost upset nationally ranked Florida State. He was really good. What the hell is he doing? Lol. 

Brad Banks from Iowa. Florida boy who was robbed for the Heisman in 02 in favor of Carson Palmer. What in the heck is that random guy doing? 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Great story...thx! Livennin Atown area 89-95...guyvwas a legend.

good time to see some football in the lehigh valley.  John Linton from Catty was running around back then tearing the league up.  Eric Marsh and Spike Johnson from Bethlehem Catholic battling the crew from Jim Morgan's Wing-T Allentown Central Catholic Vikings.  Easton was tough as hell back then as well.  Good time for football!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

good time to see some football in the lehigh valley.  John Linton from Catty was running around back then tearing the league up.  Eric Marsh and Spike Johnson from Bethlehem Catholic battling the crew from Jim Morgan's Wing-T Allentown Central Catholic Vikings.  Easton was tough as hell back then as well.  Good time for football!

We ran the wing T.  Needed a smart QB..VERY tricky to defend if executed properly!

• Like 1

Kendra started as a 9th grader. Brought his “Becahi” team down to Florida to play in a postseason bowl game against Lake Mary in 91. It was part of the 6th annual Central Florida Rotary Bowl Classic. 

Kendra led his team to a couple of scores and was winning in the 4th before Lake Mary scored late to escape 28-23. 

He was only a HS freshman. You dont see that a lot. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

We ran the wing T.  Needed a smart QB..VERY tricky to defend if executed properly!

That's why Allentown Central Catholic and CB West were so damn good back in the day; they both executed that offense to perfection.  They didn't have five D1 skill players or anything like that; it was all just disciplined quickness.  And a lot of fun to watch!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Christian McCaffeys dad was a big star in the  LV area when I was there...so was his Aunt...kid comes from good stock!

Both McCaffey brothers were so dominate in all sports but you are correct, their sister was another phenom in basketball and track.  Ed still comes back to this area and works w/ Andre Reed at times w/ youth sports, building parks, etc...  One bro lives in Colorado and the other I think is still in the Cali area.  Not sure about the sister but she's probably coaching high school or college somewhere.  Very cool family.

• Like 2

Nice read. I was one of the disappointed FSU fans that waited and waited for Kendra. I always thought that we didn't need the Thad Busby era, but he was a serviceable QB won a lot. Not sure Kendra would have lasted as long because of his style.

But I sure do miss those days...

• Like 1