Grayson v Mill Creek - who wins and why?

RedTaters

I had this discussion with a couple of posters the other day. The more I thought about the conversation, the more I wanted to keep talking about the matchup. Obviously Mill Creek and Grayson are both immensely talented. We wouldn't even be having this conversation if it weren't true. So, what is it gonna take for Grayson to take this one? What will it take for Mill Creek to take it?

Just now, ATLien12x said:

Grayson, 27-10. I think it'll be competitive at halftime, 13-10 Grayson. But I believe depth and superior talent takes over in the end- giving the Rams their 13th win in a row. 

Believe the Rams are the top of Georgia this year, even if it did come at the expense of six transfers 

Its hard to disagree with you ATLien, no matter how much I want MC to win. What makes you think that Grayson holds MC to 10 points when they've scored atleast 30 points in every game this year? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I believe that Grayson defense is the best in Georgia

Also easy to agree with lol. I guess the ultimate question is what does MC have to exploit if they want a chance? I feel like MC's OLine and RB corps v Grayson's front seven could be the key if it were to happen.

13 minutes ago, RedTaters said:

Also easy to agree with lol. I guess the ultimate question is what does MC have to exploit if they want a chance? I feel like MC's OLine and RB corps v Grayson's front seven could be the key if it were to happen.

Turley has to have a monster game. Not gonna run successfully against Grayson. 

Also, the defense has to really be ready for the challenge. This is the best team MC has played this year BY A LOT. So they really have to turn up the intensity a ton, because Grayson is a cocky bunch that show up and show out. 

It took Grayson a while but they're playing their best football. It's hard to compete with a top 10 team nationally when they're peaking.

I truly believe Mill Creek could be the second best team in Georgia. I think they match up a lot better with Roswell and can win that game. Unfortunately, I think Roswell matches up better with Grayson than MC does, so that's why I got the Rams comfortably 

• Like 2

All truths spoken above ATLien; but do you think MC's defense can stop Grayson's run game?

Somehow I think they will stop (maybe slow it up) the run game for Grayson which would put pressure on Chase to win this one.

No doubt D'Angelo and Jam are special athletes and should help the Rams win this game; but I have seen Goliath slain by David before and MC just 'aint your regular David.

They could upset these Allstars if the Allstars get careless and too cocky.  I still think this game will be about the defenses and the most disciplined team should win.

If MC come in all starry eyed, Grayson will run away with this.  So Creek needs to try and stop the rams from scoring early and often, or it's game!

If it's 0-0 at the half; I'm throwing my money at the Creek.

• Like 2

24-10 Grayson, Grayson defense is on another level.The offense looks to be developed with Brice, Williams , Taylor , and that monster receiving core. 

Think MC has a tough time doing what seems to be the struggle for most teams playing Grayson this year which is moving the ball consistently on that nasty defense.

I think last week said alot about that Grayson team.

2 hours ago, SWD-1985 said:

All truths spoken above ATLien; but do you think MC's defense can stop Grayson's run game?

Somehow I think they will stop (maybe slow it up) the run game for Grayson which would put pressure on Chase to win this one.

No doubt D'Angelo and Jam are special athletes and should help the Rams win this game; but I have seen Goliath slain by David before and MC just 'aint your regular David.

They could upset these Allstars if the Allstars get careless and too cocky.  I still think this game will be about the defenses and the most disciplined team should win.

If MC come in all starry eyed, Grayson will run away with this.  So Creek needs to try and stop the rams from scoring early and often, or it's game!

If it's 0-0 at the half, a lot of money will have already changed hands!

First let me say I wouldn't place bets wither way.  Of course I never place bets but this game can go either way.  The Rams are taking this one very, very seriously and are not looking past Mill Creek at all.  If it is a wide spread I will be among those most surprised.  I said that last week and was surprised so it can happen.

Everyone is so hung up on the transfers that they don't pay attention to the rest of the team like they should.  There is depth on depth on depth and all of these boys have had playing time.  Have you noticed that none of the "all stars" are state stats leaders?  The closest one is our QB and he is way down the leader board even though he is ranked very high.  We spread the wealth around a lot.  I've seen games with 10 different receivers and 5 different running backs all getting touches.  They way our D is now, you never can be sure what we are going to do.  I don't have the big head about our team at all.  Okay, maybe a little. ;)  The point is they've been able to pull it together and play for the good of the team, not their individual stats.  With all the talent there, and there is a lot, it will be a tough game for any team.  Sure, we will get beat on a pass or a run but not consistently.  Sure we will get stuffed at the line or take a sack, but not often.  Chances are pretty good we will outperform you on special teams because I do think that is one area we shine in for sure.

All in all, it should be a great game and it will kill me if I don't get over this flu in time to be able to go!  I know it's on TV but I want/need to be there!!!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SWD-1985 said:

I believe Graysons defense scores and is the difference in the game. The Rams are now firing on all cylinders.

Grayson 27-17

I had the pleasure of watching an elite rb and scat back combination duo in 2014 in Sihiem King and Ty Lee. I see the Grayson starting duo in the same light. Taylor and Williams are near unstoppable. 

If Mill Creek is going to have a chance, defensively, they are going to have to contain those guys above all else. If anyone in Georgia can dampen the impact of the Grayson offensive attack, it will be Mill Creek.

As I mentioned before, Mill Creek's biggest challenge will be moving the ball on offense. Mill Creek's O-line is a strong point for them, and if they can move Grayson off the ball some and get some success running against them early, I feel like Mill Creek has the better chance of anyone remaining in the playoffs to knock off Grayson.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

I truly believe Mill Creek could be the second best team in Georgia. I think they match up a lot better with Roswell and can win that game. Unfortunately, I think Roswell matches up better with Grayson than MC does, so that's why I got the Rams comfortably 

Mill Creek is definitely the second best team in the state.

I'm seeing Roswell in the same light of McGill-Toolen in Alabama. Untested and unproven. 

They do not belong, and have not belonged ahead of Mill Creek in any rankings all season. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Mill Creek is definitely the second best team in the state.

I'm seeing Roswell in the same light of McGill-Toolen in Alabama. Untested and unproven. 

They do not belong, and have not belonged ahead of Mill Creek in any rankings all season. 

Roswell went to state in GA largest class last year... and find themselved with Ws over Colquitt (34-3), Buford (24-7), and North Cobb by 3 TDs. I dont see them as McGill-Toolen. ... with talent galore 

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

I believe Graysons defense scores and is the difference in the game. The Rams are now firing on all cylinders.

Grayson 27-17

Yes and as Fred mentioned their Special teams core is probably best in the state.  I think many of us forget that this is Grayson's foundation.  Every game I've streamed, I noticed that field position has always been great.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Fred said:

Everyone is so hung up on the transfers that they don't pay attention to the rest of the team like they should.  There is depth on depth on depth and all of these boys have had playing time.  Have you noticed that none of the "all stars" are state stats leaders?  The closest one is our QB and he is way down the leader board even though he is ranked very high.  We spread the wealth around a lot. 

Kindly share with us what "stat boards" you use to support that claim about spreading the love and workload. I'm definitely not saying there isn't depth there but your and other peoples arguments that attempt to minimize the impact that the transfers have had is funny as hell every time I see it posted by someone. The stats you reference seeing or in the case of some not being state stat leaders can't be MaxPreps because Grayson has ironically chosen not to keep their stats up on there this year: http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/grayson-rams-(loganville,ga)/football/stats.htm Coincidence I'm sure.  3 games they kept them up. Stopped on Sept. 30th after 60-0 win over Rockdale. 

Doesn't mean a thing but with the staff and coaching resources they have you would think they would keep those up right? Typically the coaches or whoever comes in and grades film on Saturdays would handle that. Surely it's not because the stats would be dismal as we all know that's not the case. Heck it could even help some of the lesser known athletes that are very well likely being overshadowed by all the media attention given to the D1 recruits.  

Sure there's HUDL but MaxPreps is a great resource that even college recruiters will reference at times when having a look-see. Why would you not keep those player/team stats updated? I'd venture it has more to do with them not wanting to draw even more attention to the reality that they are LOADED with talent and that the transfers have and are making the difference.

Now does any of this change anything? No. Not one iota of it. Am I personally against transfers? Nope... illegal recruiting yes. I have no idea what actually happened with transfers nor do I even care to know. All I do know is this and you can take it to the bank for the 2016 7A Georgia HSFB Season. Grayson has schooled our asses on and quite possibly "off the field" this season and will take the trophy home this year.

Mill Creek your next and Roswell will get their dose in the dome. After all is said and done usually more is said than done. Mill Creek and Roswell are very good teams but Grayson is in a league of their own and seem to be peaking about now as well.

We line up and play the game because "yes anything can happen" but you have to be living under a rock, in deep denial, or just a great damn fan (of your own team +1) for you to assume you can contend with 2016 Grayson. Nobody wants to doubt their boys nor should they. Everyone wants to hope for the miracle win. It happens from time to time. Not this year folks. Grayson rolls by +14 in the next two games.   

• Like 1

I'm not Jesus and I'm sure you can find them. Give me the web source for myself the average Joe. This shit is mostly all you do. You probably scribble them on napkins all over your house. lol

And in all fairness there is no way you can say with certainty the deliberate stopping of reporting stats on there (3 games) had nothing to do with transfers nor wanting to deflect some of that nasty media attention they got (mostly from the Atl news outlets at that). You grade film in their field house on Saturdays?  

And nowhere did I say they don't keep stats! They chose not to make them easily accessible as most teams would.  Especially don't want them readily available on a site that offers up the side by side team/player comparison features like MaxPreps does. I mean in all good humor I can actually visualize the guy who at one time did enter them in having the epiphany moment. Bet he was like holy s%#!. Nobodys even close on these boards. People are gonna really notice this sh$!. Let's just stop ;) lol

11 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

^ uhhhh Grayson keeps their stats. Name any player you want and I'll have you their stats by the morning. 

Oh shit... your the guy they hired to submit them each week and now you're scrambling to grab the napkins you scribbled on and go enter that shit in!!! It's OK. You know I screen shotted the left out stats page. lol  

• Like 1