Poll of Record

MC Rockets

First, let me start off by sincerely saying I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during this time of uncertainty. 

To my understanding USA today is no longer covering HS sports correct? If so, and if there is a high school football season, what are your thoughts on what would be the the poll of record moving forward? I'm thinking Prepnation. Of the active polls, there's has been running the longest. Your thoughts?

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

First, let me start off by sincerely saying I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during this time of uncertainty. 

To my understanding USA today is no longer covering HS sports correct? If so, and if there is a high school football season, what are your thoughts on what would be the the poll of record moving forward? I'm thinking Prepnation. Of the active polls, there's has been running the longest. Your thoughts?

Whatever Sammy says is the poll of record. Dude knows his shit and is the most knowledgeable and highly respected poster we have. If you look up “poll of record” in the dictionary there’s a photo of Sammy holding a staff with a crown on his head. All Hail Sammy and his Tiers!!🤴

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

Whatever Sammy says is the poll of record. Dude knows his shit and is the most knowledgeable and highly respected poster we have. If you look up “poll of record” in the dictionary there’s a photo of Sammy holding a staff with a crown on his head. All Hail Sammy and his Tiers!!🤴

More and more publications are moving toward “Tiers”.  In the absence of direct Head to head matchups, I would submit that this format be considered. 

i am in no way trying to get a #DraftSammysTiers trend going 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

More and more publications are no big toward “Tiers”.  In the absence of direct Head to head matchups, I would submit that this format be considered. 

i am in no way trying to get a #DraftSammysTiers trend going 

Are you saying “now” or “not?”

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MC Rockets said:

USA stopped in the middle Basketball seaspn.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Prepnation was WAY more accurate than USAT anyway. Of the individual polls they were/are the best IMO. Of course, nothing beats the compilation poll. 

Or, you guys can rely on the No Nonsense top 50 for future reference...🤣

The comp poll should from now on be the Poll of Record.  Hands down.  It's the only way to offset moronic polls.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

USA HHS still tweeting as of May 7th... and they are doing this https://sportsawards.usatoday.com/seniors/#//

also I can't find anything on the net saying they are no longer covering high school sports.. Not sure where you are coming up with this. 

They stopped their polling during bball season and if I recall there was a thread on here about it along with some sort of announcement from USA Today.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 2:50 PM, MC Rockets said:

PrepNation had Derby, Kansas Top 25 last year..... Calpreps did not. Just saying. 😀