If Centennial, CA had a John Ehret (NOLA) defense...

TheRealCAJ

They might win a MNC this year, BUT they don't. .....

Them John Ehret boys gonna be nasty this year on defense!......look out West Monroe.

John Ehret DE Earl Barguet picked up a Georgia offer today and a couple others. 

Earl Barguet Soph highlights.......the entire defense are animals.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/7472514/582650e13bd8144cfc168e7a

1 hour ago, TheRealCAJ said:

They might win a MNC this year, BUT they don't. .....

Them John Ehret boys gonna be nasty this year on defense!......look out West Monroe.

John Ehret DE Earl Barguet picked up a Georgia offer today and a couple others. 

Earl Barguet Soph highlights.......the entire defense are animals.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/7472514/582650e13bd8144cfc168e7a

Good defense or not they beat John E

4 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Good defense or not they beat John E

They might, but John Ehret is stacked.....they got some juice on offense too.

I'll start them Top 10 here...

Winning at West Monroe will be tough though especially with WM opening their new stadium that game (week one).....if they can pass that test look out.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Winning at West Monroe will be tough though especially with WM opening their new stadium that game (week one).....if they can pass that test look out.

Fair enough 

1 hour ago, TheRealCAJ said:

and we'll have new turf to give them a very fast track...  not that they'll need any help--poor West Monroe  :(

8 hours ago, Reb72 said:

Of course, we do have a little All State linebacker of our own...  ¬¬

JB Gullatt Junior Highlights

He's a tough player....3* with several offers. West Monroe will be Top 5 preseason, in my poll.

John Ehret is so deep/ATH on defense....I believe all 11 starters will play college football.

Their problem is they play a kamikaze big play style of defense, them cats are flying all over the place......some teams try to big play you on offense, John Ehret trys to big play you on defense with their ATHs.

and, that's great sometimes, but Ehret is susceptible to the big play if you call the right play and catch them.

Should be an interesting match up Week 1.

9 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

He's a tough player....3* with several offers. West Monroe will be Top 5 preseason, in my poll.

John Ehret is so deep/ATH on defense....I believe all 11 starters will play college football.

Their problem is they play a kamikaze big play style of defense, them cats are flying all over the place......some teams try to big play you on offense, John Ehret trys to big play you on defense with their ATHs.

and, that's great sometimes, but Ehret is susceptible to the big play if you call the right play and catch them.

Should be an interesting match up Week 1.

That's like an OOS game for John Ehret traveling to West Monroe.....300 mile trip, 5 or 6? hours or so by bus.

If Centennial, CA had the REF Desty did against Ehret...They'd never lose...

That game was ATROCIOUS to watch...

And Ehret STILL almost pulled it off (Lost 21-14)...With a QB not at 100%

They're doing something right down there...

As for their game against West Monroe...I pray West Monroe moves their speedsters to the secondary or they'll be on a 2-game losing streak...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

They're doing something right down there...

As for their game against West Monroe...I pray West Monroe moves their speedsters to the secondary or they'll be on a 2-game losing streak...

We then you can go ahead and chalk up 2 in a row...  West Monroe doesn't have speedsters  :o

29 minutes ago, SPFan1974 said:

I know John Ehret is good, and this is a serious question with no disrespect intended, but why did they back out of the scrimmage with South Panola? Did they find a closer game or a better opponent?

I really don't know......Ehret went to Baton Rouge and did a 3-way spring scrimmage..........and, there was some popping going on. John Ehret in the red.

On 5/24/2017 at 7:16 PM, ECHS05 said:

Not if they keep losing players left & right.

Dont get all uppity just bc they played an IMG team close that didnt even practice the week of that game, and flew to CA the day of the game.

Cen10 runs them off the field just like they do everybody else not named DLS.  Every summer they lose players and yet they still dominate. They will be their usual dominant self again this year.

Ehret is one of those teams where I want to see the kids do well but I have absolutely no love for the coach.  I hope he's changed but I stood 5 feet from him and watched him curse out a high school kid for attending a private school.  Kid would have been a starter for Ehret because he lived in their district.  He dropped F bombs on that kid like nobodies business.  Destrehan game may have been karmic justice.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, westbankeagle said:

Ehret is one of those teams where I want to see the kids do well but I have absolutely no love for the coach.  I hope he's changed but I stood 5 feet from him and watched him curse out a high school kid for attending a private school.  Kid would have been a starter for Ehret because he lived in their district.  He dropped F bombs on that kid like nobodies business.  Destrehan game may have been karmic justice.

Is he South Louisiana's version of Feaster?

That reminds me...Where is good ole' Cyril Crutchfield these days?  He still at West Jefferson?

I don't know enough about Feaster except that he talked way too much about stuff he shouldn't, but wasn't sure if he ever talked down to a kid.  I've got other stories about the Ehret coach running his mouth about the speed of his track guys then getting smoked, but I rather enjoyed watching him shutup the rest of the meet.

• 1 month later...
On 05/29/2017 at 6:22 AM, Frosty4024 said:

Is he South Louisiana's version of Feaster?

That reminds me...Where is good ole' Cyril Crutchfield these days?  He still at West Jefferson?

Bump but yeah Crutchfield is still at WJ... We don't have a Feaster down here. IMO the closest is maybe Saltaformaggio, but he's nowhere near the douche Feaster is, and I agree with Salt's opinions lol. I saw the Ehret coach at a game and introduced myself and he didn't want to talk. That Ehret D is overrated. Not saying we'll beat them, but I think we'll put up at least 20 on them.

• Like 1

Ok, not trying to give you any crap Caj, as I appreciate a great D as much as anyone (I'm a D first guy), but CC put up 40+ on IMG.   

I know you don't need a list of the kids they had on that Defense.   On paper, big emphasis here, IMG might have had the best defensive talent on any HS team ever.    I say on paper, because I don't think they were the best D last year due to vanilla schemes etc, but if you're going by star power... not sure there's ever been a better one.