2006 Flashback: JT Curtis vs Rush Propst

RedZone

John Curtis invaded Hoover, AL in front of a large crowd to war with Preseason #1 Hoover.

Curtis comes out the gate struggling going down 14-0 in the first quarter......Curtis then owns the next 3 quarters and pulls out a 28-14 win.

Curtis was led by Joe McKnight (RIP).....who had over 200 yds total offense scoring 2 TDs via air

Curtis finished #2 nationally in 2006.

Hoover/black

Curtis/white

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

27 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I was at that game.  McKnight really hurt Hoover more catching the ball than running. Hoover had a couple chances deep in Curtis territory but could not score.

Probably 14000 or 15000 at this game.

It was a huge crowd.....McKnight caught 2 bombs for TDs and had one big run, but Hoover clamped him down most of the night besides a nice punt return also.

This game popped up on my youtube......

41 minutes ago, RedZone said:

John Curtis invaded Hoover, AL in front of a large crowd to war with Preseason #1 Hoover.

Curtis comes out the gate struggling going down 14-0 in the first quarter......Curtis then owns the next 3 quarters and pulls out a 28-14 win.

Curtis was led by Joe McKnight (RIP).....who had over 200 yds total offense scoring 2 TDs via air

Curtis finished #2 nationally in 2006.

Hoover/black

Curtis/white

Is this freshman or jv game?

4 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Thanks, ya they looked small and slow I thought maybe is was Hoover’s popwarners team vs Louisiana flag football team

lets see some clips from some Jersy teams from 2006 and compare.   You know because Jersey was so renowned back then.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, 954gator said:

lets see some clips from some Jersy teams from 2006 and compare.   You know because Jersey was so renowned back then.ThThat

don bosco has never had a team with 5 Alabama commits.

That 2006 Hoover team was a bit of a mystery. Preseason #1, but lost to Curtis and Prattville in the 6A champ game. Prattville was legit back in those days though.

• Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, RedZone said:

That 2006 Hoover team was a bit of a mystery. Preseason #1, but lost to Curtis and Prattville in the 6A champ game. Prattville was legit back in those days though.

Good to know you got up at 4 am on a Monday for that, 😂 

7 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Ruuuuusssssshhhhhhh...... this is a no no....especially coming from him. Guarantee you coaches are gonna look at this as a recruiting tactic to get him in trouble...smh. 

Because it is a recruiting tactic. xD

Maybe that stuff at the Alabama school got stuck in his head and he thought he was at a private school still. 

Idk, maybe because it isn't directed at a particular student... Probably will be numerous complaints filed though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Maybe that stuff at the Alabama school got stuck in his head and he thought he was at a private school still. 

Idk, maybe because it isn't directed at a particular student... Probably will be numerous complaints filed though.

I said that last week, rush got a taste of private life and now there’s no stopping him, add that all the shit that went on with packers with him Rush is gonna try to make a powerhouse at Valdosta and will be seeking blood against every team he plays

26 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I said that last week, rush got a taste of private life and now there’s no stopping him, add that all the shit that went on with packers with him Rush is gonna try to make a powerhouse at Valdosta and will be seeking blood against every team he plays

Oh, there's stopping him. You can't really act like you're at a private when you're a public school coach. xD

He didn't need to post that tweet. He's already just bringing controversy straight away. He only reached a little over 400 followers with the shit that it's gonna stir up. Gotta think value for risk on stuff like that. 

I do think he gets away with that because he added you have to be a Valdosta Enrollee, so, he can say he was trying to target kids already in the system. It's pretty edgy though. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

That hoover team had some guys too.    One of the Dline was in the league (also Bama guy)

Josh Chapman (who wasn’t even rated the best DT at the time lol)

7DBD8375-0559-4544-A67D-72579E052229.jpeg

FDA4386D-4E75-41C8-BFC8-F7D4A745FD2F.png

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Serious question: What would the complaint be? 

And I may be a  bit naive pertaining to this, but I never knew how much coaches don't like that man. Why tho?