How are schools with big Enrollment gonna handle this upcoming year

imaGoodBoyNow

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, if your plans were to drink coke, you would be doing it wrong anyway. 

👉🧠👈  xD

I joke. If you do that then you'd have this

👉🍳👈 instead of 👉🧠👈

Look at these great influences I have on this board! Move over, Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I prefer to hold out as long as I can. Bet you love it, though. 

I joke

because that’s some serious shit, cause your body isnt developed yet and all those chemicals and toxins will give you serious health problems because your body is still growing, that shit will stunt your growth ASAP and give you cystic fibrosis 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I joke

because that’s some serious shit, cause your body isnt developed yet and all those chemicals and toxins will give you serious health problems because your body is still growing, that shit will stunt your growth ASAP and give you cystic fibrosis 

Well, isn't that just fantastic! Also, I'm just a good kid, ya know. It may or may not also be because if I was caught, I would be skinned alive and disowned by my parents. But then again, you can't see your parents in college...nah, it's not worth it.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Well, isn't that just fantastic! Also, I'm just a good kid, ya know. It may or may not also be because if I was caught, I would be skinned alive and disowned by my parents. But then again, you can't see your parents in college...nah, it's not worth it.

There ya go that’s the attitude, like I tell my Ex, it’s not cheating if we’re in different ZipCodes

• Haha 4

In Ohio, Akron Public Schools and Columbus City Schools are going full remote learning for high schools.  No word on sports yet but how can you have football in that scenario?  But forget sports, this is shaping up to be a disaster in education.  They should just call it "Every Child Left Behind."

8 minutes ago, Severino said:

In Ohio, Akron Public Schools and Columbus City Schools are going full remote learning for high schools.  No word on sports yet but how can you have football in that scenario?  But forget sports, this is shaping up to be a disaster in education.  They should just call it "Every Child Left Behind."

Let's be honest: this whole year has been a disaster. Wouldn't be surprised if education follow suit.

On 6/30/2020 at 8:07 PM, ngdawg said:

True, but that's still an eight year gap between me and you. And if that math doesn't add up with me being a senior at 16, it's because I skipped a grade. But anyways, at least here, kids find the weirdest ways to hide their illegal substances. They even know the exact gas stations where they can get vape without having to present a license. I choose not to engage with people like that, though. Haven't even drank Coke yet (but that's probably because of my laziness).

Public school kids always talked about skipping classes and getting away with it. Shit, our parents were called immediately. Not happenin'. Finally, in college, I could miss a few here or there.

Now kids don't use their lockers AND can skip entire years! Can't believe your parents weren't notified. Sounds tempting, but not sure I'd want to skip a year of lunches and off-hours "in my homie's car" with the groovy 70s chicks from the nearby all girls school, and whatever paraphernalia there happened to be under the seat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Public school kids always talked about skipping classes and getting away with it. Shit, our parents were called immediately. Not happenin'. Finally, in college, I could miss a few here or there.

Now kids don't use their lockers AND can skip entire years! Can't believe your parents weren't notified. Sounds tempting, but not sure I'd want to skip a year of lunches and off-hours "in my homie's car" with the groovy 70s chicks from the nearby all girls school, and whatever paraphernalia there happened to be under the seat.

I think you may have misunderstood the meaning of skipping a grade. That means the school system allowed me to skip a grade. For example, a person could have skipped 3rd grade by going from 2nd to 4th if their school system thought they were too snart to be in 3rd grade. That's what happened here, not that I completely skipped school everyday. 

4 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

You know I meant smart. Unfortunate and ironic error considering the topic we were discussing.

Just messin' with you. 

My oldest brother skipped 2 years of school, going directly to Freshman year of high school after 6th Grade. For some reason our parents thought it was a good idea, sending him to what was called Latin School (same school ex-Brave David Justice attended a number of years after my brother) to prepare for the 2-year leapfrog of grades. Thank God they soon realized it was not the best idea and didn't use the same strategy on the rest of us.

9 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Just messin' with you. 

My oldest brother skipped 2 years of school, going directly to Freshman year of high school after 6th Grade. For some reason our parents thought it was a good idea, sending him to what was called Latin School (same school ex-Brave David Justice attended a number of years after my brother) to prepare for the 2-year leapfrog of grades. Thank God they soon realized it was not the best idea and didn't use the same strategy on the rest of us.

It has its pros and cons. If there's someone that tells you that skipping a grade is perfect, they are highly mistaken. You are one year behind on emotional development and cognitive ability. It will be tougher to keep up in classes because you haven't made the mistakes yet to know how to properly manage your time and schedules. Sometimes, you do get made fun of for being the youngest in your grade as well. Skipping a grade shouldn't be thought of purely as a benefit. Trust me, I know. I'm the second youngest kid in my grade of 850 students. And there are over 300 students in the year below mine who are older than me.

6 hours ago, ngdawg said:

It has its pros and cons. If there's someone that tells you that skipping a grade is perfect, they are highly mistaken. You are one year behind on emotional development and cognitive ability. It will be tougher to keep up in classes because you haven't made the mistakes yet to know how to properly manage your time and schedules. Sometimes, you do get made fun of for being the youngest in your grade as well. Skipping a grade shouldn't be thought of purely as a benefit. Trust me, I know. I'm the second youngest kid in my grade of 850 students. And there are over 300 students in the year below mine who are older than me.

It’s much easier for girls, my granddaughter skipped 1st grade and hasn’t lost a step emotionally or academically. A lot of that has to do with her parents, they teach the kids to be independent and give them a really long leash to figure out the world. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

It’s much easier for girls, my granddaughter skipped 1st grade and hasn’t lost a step emotionally or academically. A lot of that has to do with her parents, they teach the kids to be independent and give them a really long leash to figure out the world. 

It also depends what grade you skip. Skipping earlier like I did is definitely much easier emotionally and academically as opposed to skipping later. Unless you're very advanced, I wouldn't recommend skipping past any grade higher than 6th.