How are schools with big Enrollment gonna handle this upcoming year

imaGoodBoyNow

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

As a very small private I think we’re good our enrollment is only 475-650 any given year, but what about schools like Allen and other high enrollment schools, how the hell do you practice social distancing in the hallways and in the class room when you got +5000 kids roaming the building 

Well it's easy for Allen and any large school in Tejas.  They don't take the Pandemic all that serious.  Their government is mainly repubes.  

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2020 at 10:37 AM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

As a very small private I think we’re good our enrollment is only 475-650 any given year, but what about schools like Allen and other high enrollment schools, how the hell do you practice social distancing in the hallways and in the class room when you got +5000 kids roaming the building 

Gwinnett County Public Schools is one of the largest school districts in the country. Here is how they are planning on preventing the spread of COVID-19. Schools in this county include North Gwinnett, Parkview, Mill Creek, Archer, Brookwood, etc. These schools mostly contain over 3,000 students.

gcps.PNG

11 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Masks, social distancing, blended and internet or virtual learning. 

Just like Cali. 

bgw

Why is Buford not a part of Gwinnett County Public Schools? It is a public school in Buford, GA, which is in Gwinnett County.

On 6/15/2020 at 10:37 AM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

It is a huge problem. In the Orlando area, with the exception of Jones High, the only historically black high school remaining, enrollment ranges from 2,300 to well over 4,000 per high school. At Jones, it is between 1,500 and 2,000. And, most of these schools are at or near capacity. The only possible solutions I see are: 1. Have morning school beginning at 6:30 am and afternoon school beginning at 1 pm. Split the kids roughly equally between the two streams. Of course, this will create big problems for extracurricular activities including sports. But there is no other solution except. 2. Have staggered short terms (four to six weeks each) instead of semesters. Have different streams of students attend school during different terms. This would require all year school with only a short break for Christmas holidays. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

It is a huge problem. In the Orlando area, with the exception of Jones High, the only historically black high school remaining, enrollment ranges from 2,300 to well over 4,000 per high school. At Jones, it is between 1,500 and 2,000. And, most of these schools are at or near capacity. The only possible solutions I see are: 1. Have morning school beginning at 6:30 am and afternoon school beginning at 1 pm. Split the kids roughly equally between the two streams. Of course, this will create big problems for extracurricular activities including sports. But there is no other solution except. 2. Have staggered short terms (four to six weeks each) instead of semesters. Have different streams of students attend school during different terms. This would require all year school with only a short break for Christmas holidays. 

Ya they were talking about having a hybrid course . Monday Wednesday Friday is On campus and Tues Thursday will be online classes so schools can deep clean on off days 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Even when it comes to where the lockers for your books, you might have 400 lockers side by side , how can you social distance when all these kids going to lockers to switch text books

It's tough. However, nowadays more and more kids refrain from using lockers, based on what I've noticed the past years. There would be no change among students morale if lockers were abandoned for next year. I have never used a locker in my life, and I know several kids who haven't either.

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

It's tough. However, nowadays more and more kids refrain from using lockers, based on what I've noticed the past years. There would be no change among students morale if lockers were abandoned for next year. I have never used a locker in my life, and I know several kids who haven't either.

I didn't use lockers when I was in HS nobody really did... 

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I didn't use lockers when I was in HS nobody really did... 

It's tough, especially at our school, which has two main buildings, although there are lockers in more than 5 buildings/areas. To walk from one end of our school to the other, it takes around 10 minutes at normal speed. And you aren't guaranteed a locker near the majority of your classes, so most kids just abandon it.

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I mean I think Columbia fan is like right at 20... 

And I'm only 24... 

True, but that's still an eight year gap between me and you. And if that math doesn't add up with me being a senior at 16, it's because I skipped a grade. But anyways, at least here, kids find the weirdest ways to hide their illegal substances. They even know the exact gas stations where they can get vape without having to present a license. I choose not to engage with people like that, though. Haven't even drank Coke yet (but that's probably because of my laziness).

9 hours ago, ngdawg said:

True, but that's still an eight year gap between me and you. And if that math doesn't add up with me being a senior at 16, it's because I skipped a grade. But anyways, at least here, kids find the weirdest ways to hide their illegal substances. They even know the exact gas stations where they can get vape without having to present a license. I choose not to engage with people like that, though. Haven't even drank Coke yet (but that's probably because of my laziness).

Well I can tell you this I'm only kidding about the weed... 

I don't smoke.... weed or cigarettes... And honestly I'll tell you this though I have tried both atleast once and neither are for me... Cigarettes are disgusting and weed is overrated... 

6 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Well I can tell you this I'm only kidding about the weed... 

I don't smoke.... weed or cigarettes... And honestly I'll tell you this though I have tried both atleast once and neither are for me... Cigarettes are disgusting and weed is overrated... 

Haven't tried either. I don't want to be one of THOSE kids, so I tend to shy away from drugs and illegal activity. Good to know that I'm not the only one who thinks the same way about cigarettes and weed.

10 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Well, if your plans were to drink coke, you would be doing it wrong anyway. 

👉🧠👈  xD

I joke. If you do that then you'd have this

👉🍳👈 instead of 👉🧠👈

• Haha 3