Some talk of Corky Kell being moved from the Benz

HooverOutlaw

On 7/15/2020 at 1:39 PM, Rufus69 said:

I would be remiss if I didn't point out...it closed on Mill Creek in a semi-final playoff game against the Hawgs in 2015...to the tune of 52-31.  Colquitt was averaging 47 points per game and the Mill Creek defense was averaging giving up 6.8 points per game when the contest started.

Add to that..Rush came in 2nd in a headbutting contest....

Rufus>>

Colquitt was as good as any team on offense that night. 

15 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Colquitt was as good as any team on offense that night. 

2015 Colquitt County was definitely one of the best teams Georgia has seen in a while. I'd say the top or top 3 at least in this past decade, and top 10 historically.

21 hours ago, MTP28 said:

So all the motel, food, gas, and other merchant sales throw in on the charitable contribution. WOW didn’t know that. Again create the narrative to meet your need. Lol

Are you really that ignorant of economics or do you just play stupid?

1 hour ago, Fred said:

Are you really that ignorant of economics or do you just play stupid?

No genius you said the proceeds go to charity. Im simply saying all the above things I listed assist the county and city the games are played in. 

Of course in a few years y’all will be like Brookwood and Parkview as people move into that beautiful county. Try and keep up Junior.

6 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

No genius you said the proceeds go to charity. Im simply saying all the above things I listed assist the county and city the games are played in. 

Of course in a few years y’all will be like Brookwood and Parkview as people move into that beautiful county. Try and keep up Junior.

Honestly, Gwinnett isn't that great. There's a high level of poverty here, and neither Brookwood nor Parkview are immune to that. Gwinnett is only viewed by it's best schools; however, there are schools like Meadowcreek and Berkmar that are less fortunate.

23 hours ago, Fred said:

You continue to display your lack of knowledge.  The Kell is a charity event.  It is about selling tickets.  That is why each school has a minimum number of tickets to sell or just pay for.  It has zero to do with tax dollars and 100% to do with tickets.  Closer schools tend to sell more tickets.  Not totally true because there are some fan bases that travel but outside of those few, the further away the fewer ticket sales.  Other than having to follow GHSA rules, GHSA has nothing to do with the Kell.

I think it was you that wanted to play at Hoover.  It could have been Ga96.  Either way the Hoover main stadium is a converted baseball field so there is that.

95% of fans like The Hoover Met because of easy parking and chair back seating in most areas. All players like the fact they are playing on the same field Micheal Jordan played.   One of the few High School stadiums that has RV hooks ups. Plus it is natural grass.  Hoover has been playing their since 1988. 

23 hours ago, Fred said:

You continue to display your lack of knowledge.  The Kell is a charity event.  It is about selling tickets.  That is why each school has a minimum number of tickets to sell or just pay for.  It has zero to do with tax dollars and 100% to do with tickets.  Closer schools tend to sell more tickets.  Not totally true because there are some fan bases that travel but outside of those few, the further away the fewer ticket sales.  Other than having to follow GHSA rules, GHSA has nothing to do with the Kell.

I think it was you that wanted to play at Hoover.  It could have been Ga96.  Either way the Hoover main stadium is a converted baseball field so there is that.

Tell them Fred Hoover bought a good crowd to Grayson. Some that night told me Hoover had a better crowd than most local Atl teams.

2 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Better crowds are not common in the ATL. Lowndes manages between 6 and 8 thousand. 

Hoover had probably 2500 at Grayson.

Best traveling  teams to come to Hoover.

In no order Colquitt, Camden County, John Curtis, Grayson, Nease, Evangel Christian 

Bad traveling teams IMG,  St John's,  Miami Central, Merdian MS, 

On 7/17/2020 at 12:11 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

95% of fans like The Hoover Met because of easy parking and chair back seating in most areas. All players like the fact they are playing on the same field Micheal Jordan played.   One of the few High School stadiums that has RV hooks ups. Plus it is natural grass.  Hoover has been playing their since 1988. 

There were  couple of things I didn't care for.  The biggest is if you are in the visitor seats, the lights shine in your eyes pretty strongly.  I guess it is a function of the seats being in what was the outfield.  I assume the lights were never re-aimed.  The other is a lack of restrooms and concessions around the visitor seats.  You have to go into the main stadium for that.  I know, first world problems, right? 😆 

On 7/17/2020 at 11:46 AM, MTP28 said:

In a Metro area of in excess of 6 million people, do you really think the small number of people coming from outside the area spend enough to be noticeable?  When you consider most of the people attending live in the metro area their spending would be taking place anyway.  I would be surprised if the Kell attendees from outside the metro area had more than a $3-4,000 tax impact.

Your statement about Brookwood and Parkview makes no sense as usual.  You should try to keep up.

10 hours ago, Fred said:

In a Metro area of in excess of 6 million people, do you really think the small number of people coming from outside the area spend enough to be noticeable?  When you consider most of the people attending live in the metro area their spending would be taking place anyway.  I would be surprised if the Kell attendees from outside the metro area had more than a $3-4,000 tax impact.

Your statement about Brookwood and Parkview makes no sense as usual.  You should try to keep up.

Look Genius, we aren’t a little rag tag fan base like you bitches we roll deep. 2500, 3000 or so. Do the math moron 3000 equals about maybe 500 rooms, meals another nice little bump, gas, and any other shitty amenities you bitches may have laying around. Brook wood and Parkview were Graysons Daddy when you were shitting yellow. And we whipped their asses like we have  your team so stay in your lane pops and I think it’s your move next on the checkers board. You are dismissed. 

And hey, nobody gives a shit about 6 million cheating bitches. Fact is South Georgia has a fraction of that and owns more S.C. than y’all’s little Girl Scout troup.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 1:42 PM, MTP28 said:

Look Genius, we aren’t a little rag tag fan base like you bitches we roll deep. 2500, 3000 or so. Do the math moron 3000 equals about maybe 500 rooms, meals another nice little bump, gas, and any other shitty amenities you bitches may have laying around. Brook wood and Parkview were Graysons Daddy when you were shitting yellow. And we whipped their asses like we have  your team so stay in your lane pops and I think it’s your move next on the checkers board. You are dismissed. 

And hey, nobody gives a shit about 6 million cheating bitches. Fact is South Georgia has a fraction of that and owns more S.C. than y’all’s little Girl Scout troup.

Lowndes accounts for 500 rooms?  In your wet dreams maybe.  That many people do NOT stay overnight, never have, never will.  Drive up, see the game, and bail out heading home.  I'm supposed to be impressed with a school system that has to close the elementary, middle, and high school early to transport the football team and band when they have to leave early to get to Atlanta because you don't have enough school buses to get everybody home if you don't early release?  Nah, ain't happening.

For the record, Grayson is 6-6 against Brookwood and 9-3 against Parkview.  If you consider that as being our "Daddy" then it is yet another example of the bizzarro world you live in.  I guess you think Lowndes owns Grayson when the record is 2-2?

I was in college when Parkview opened and married and working when Brookwood opened.  Well passed the infant stage you allude to.

One of the true marks of losing an argument is when you have to resort to cussing.  Based on your reply, you've lost bad.  Looks a whole lot like you are down to one man in that game of checkers and all my men have been Kinged already.  For someone that claims not to care, you sure spend a lot of time worrying about the Metro, many times more than I spend worrying about your programs.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 12:14 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

Tell them Fred Hoover bought a good crowd to Grayson. Some that night told me Hoover had a better crowd than most local Atl teams.

Hoover did travel well to Grayson, probably better than we did to Hoover.  We had a decent crowd there but your was stronger here.

4 hours ago, Fred said:

Lowndes accounts for 500 rooms?  In your wet dreams maybe.  That many people do NOT stay overnight, never have, never will.  Drive up, see the game, and bail out heading home.  I'm supposed to be impressed with a school system that has to close the elementary, middle, and high school early to transport the football team and band when they have to leave early to get to Atlanta because you don't have enough school buses to get everybody home if you don't early release?  Nah, ain't happening.

For the record, Grayson is 6-6 against Brookwood and 9-3 against Parkview.  If you consider that as being our "Daddy" then it is yet another example of the bizzarro world you live in.  I guess you think Lowndes owns Grayson when the record is 2-2?

I was in college when Parkview opened and married and working when Brookwood opened.  Well passed the infant stage you allude to.

One of the true marks of losing an argument is when you have to resort to cussing.  Based on your reply, you've lost bad.  Looks a whole lot like you are down to one man in that game of checkers and all my men have been Kinged already.  For someone that claims not to care, you sure spend a lot of time worrying about the Metro, many times more than I spend worrying about your programs.

Deviate, Deviate, I don’t care if you got married in the Parkview cafeteria dude. Fact is as Your county grew Grayson came to be. Cheating and recruiting followed. Don’t hate on Lowndes because we have a more rounded program that doesn’t rely on the million plus residents in your county. Without recruiting you would be Milton. Stay in your lane there old man and put those glasses on cause you sure ain’t been kinged but rather hit in the head for jumping ahead in line before the cookies and warm milk were being handed out before lights out. Lol, hope we get you girls again.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MTP28 said:

Deviate, Deviate, I don’t care if you got married in the Parkview cafeteria dude. Fact is as Your county grew Grayson came to be. Cheating and recruiting followed. Don’t hate on Lowndes because we have a more rounded program that doesn’t rely on the million plus residents in your county. Without recruiting you would be Milton. Stay in your lane there old man and put those glasses on cause you sure ain’t been kinged but rather hit in the head for jumping ahead in line before the cookies and warm milk were being handed out before lights out. Lol, hope we get you girls again.

As usual, you make no sense.  Deviate from what?  I refuted your comments.  Hate on Lowndes?  I don't care enough about Lowndes to waste any energy hating on them.  I actually have a *very* long time and exceedingly well connected Lowndes fan that I count as a friend.  It is you that is so fixated on Gwinnett.  You lose the argument every time you personally attack me instead of sticking to the topic.  It must be sad to be that incompetent but then you make no cognitive argument, just flap your gums in the breeze.

7 hours ago, Fred said:

As usual, you make no sense.  Deviate from what?  I refuted your comments.  Hate on Lowndes?  I don't care enough about Lowndes to waste any energy hating on them.  I actually have a *very* long time and exceedingly well connected Lowndes fan that I count as a friend.  It is you that is so fixated on Gwinnett.  You lose the argument every time you personally attack me instead of sticking to the topic.  It must be sad to be that incompetent but then you make no cognitive argument, just flap your gums in the breeze.

So clever, the argument started on crowd size and tax base money and GHSA wanting to keep it in Atlanta. Problem is fans don’t care about HS football and don’t support them at the gate. Is it in fact not true that teams in the south of the county lost players to Grayson due to a population boom. Is it no true that Grayson recruits yearly and would be just another average program without gathering up players. Is it not true that your program has a self proclaimed recruiter? I mean facts are facts right? ????

6 hours ago, MTP28 said:

So clever, the argument started on crowd size and tax base money and GHSA wanting to keep it in Atlanta. Problem is fans don’t care about HS football and don’t support them at the gate. Is it in fact not true that teams in the south of the county lost players to Grayson due to a population boom. Is it no true that Grayson recruits yearly and would be just another average program without gathering up players. Is it not true that your program has a self proclaimed recruiter? I mean facts are facts right? ????

Hmmm, uh, of course they lost players when Grayson opened.  That's what happens when you build a new school.  Grayson sent 1,000 kids to Archer when it opened including some prime football players.  We also lose players to the various private schools around here all the time.  All the schools around Grayson are growing in population as the county population grows.  We've have picked up some players that have moved in and lost some players that moved out.  I know that is a foreign concept to you but look at the kids going back and forth between Lowndes and Valdosta over the years as an example.  Kids have and do go back and forth don't they.  No it is not true that Grayson recruits and would be an average program.  We are a kick ass program That has accomplished much in our 21 years.  No it is not true we have a self proclaimed recruiter.  When he was associated with the team, he assisted players with their COLLEGE recruitment.  Low and behold, he also assisted players from several S Georgia programs right in your neighborhood.  And that's a fact Jack unlike your drivel and speculation.

On 7/27/2020 at 1:28 PM, Fred said:

Hmmm, uh, of course they lost players when Grayson opened.  That's what happens when you build a new school.  Grayson sent 1,000 kids to Archer when it opened including some prime football players.  We also lose players to the various private schools around here all the time.  All the schools around Grayson are growing in population as the county population grows.  We've have picked up some players that have moved in and lost some players that moved out.  I know that is a foreign concept to you but look at the kids going back and forth between Lowndes and Valdosta over the years as an example.  Kids have and do go back and forth don't they.  No it is not true that Grayson recruits and would be an average program.  We are a kick ass program That has accomplished much in our 21 years.  No it is not true we have a self proclaimed recruiter.  When he was associated with the team, he assisted players with their COLLEGE recruitment.  Low and behold, he also assisted players from several S Georgia programs right in your neighborhood.  And that's a fact Jack unlike your drivel and speculation.

Well I attempted not to speak ugly to you during this last exchange. But oh well that ass still burns rights and I’m pretty sure our 5 SC are more than your team has along with the fact we play a lot tougher region schedule. You know there’s a reason they call it 1-7A right?

On 7/28/2020 at 2:14 PM, MTP28 said:

Well I attempted not to speak ugly to you during this last exchange. But oh well that ass still burns rights and I’m pretty sure our 5 SC are more than your team has along with the fact we play a lot tougher region schedule. You know there’s a reason they call it 1-7A right?

Tougher region schedule?  Some years yes, some years no.  Look at our non region games.  I don't see IMG on your schedule, John Curtis, Miami Central, Hoover.  Hmm, let's see here.  You are 0-2 against Marietta including a major loss last year, we are 3-0.  You are 2-4 against McEachern including a remarkable collapse a few years ago, we are 4-0.  55 seasons vs our 21.  I would think if you are as good as you claim to be, you would have more than that.  Lord knows you've had more opportunities than we have. 

Sure, I know there is a reason they call it 1-7A.  You are at the bottom of the state.  Pretty easy.

5 hours ago, Fred said:

Tougher region schedule?  Some years yes, some years no.  Look at our non region games.  I don't see IMG on your schedule, John Curtis, Miami Central, Hoover.  Hmm, let's see here.  You are 0-2 against Marietta including a major loss last year, we are 3-0.  You are 2-4 against McEachern including a remarkable collapse a few years ago, we are 4-0.  55 seasons vs our 21.  I would think if you are as good as you claim to be, you would have more than that.  Lord knows you've had more opportunities than we have. 

Sure, I know there is a reason they call it 1-7A.  You are at the bottom of the state.  Pretty easy.

Your ignorance continues to astound. How does speaking out of your ass and lack of any real historical perspective place you in any realm of reality. I’ll say it again. All region 1-A teams have more SC than the entire lot of those Metro teams. Now there put the Natty Light down and reinsert your head into your ass before pulling your shoes off and adding this up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MTP28 said:

Your ignorance continues to astound. How does speaking out of your ass and lack of any real historical perspective place you in any realm of reality. I’ll say it again. All region 1-A teams have more SC than the entire lot of those Metro teams. Now there put the Natty Light down and reinsert your head into your ass before pulling your shoes off and adding this up.

I've grown tired of your insults and inability to debate in a honorable manner.  You failed to address the records I called out above because there is no answer that supports you.

There's a pretty good reason most of the schools up here haven't done as much.  They aren't anywhere near as old or they've been closed, consolidated and renamed, etc.  Again, Lowndes has been open for 55 years.  Grayson has been open for 21.  You've had a lot more opportunities than we have.  I've seen the stories about players transferring between Valdosta and Lowndes and to a much lessor degree, Valwood.  I remember from my youth the stories about jobs miraculously appearing for parents of good players that moved in.  I've heard the stories about air force personnel getting assigned to Moody and their kids being football studs.  I've heard the stories about potentially good players being held back in the 7th or 8th grade to either give them a chance to mature more or because there were too many good players already in those positions.   Your holier than thou attitude is so hypocritical it is pathetic.

You imply your region is called 1-7A for some ulterior motive when the truth is the GHSA had to start somewhere and they started numbering from the bottom of the state.  Used to be the regions progressed up the state geographically but that isn't as true any more.  The growth is in the northern part of the state and it is easier to add region numbers there without renumbering the whole state.  Speculation on my part but probably some truth there.

Continue on with your trash mouth and confirm for all to see the type of person you  are.  I'm done with this.

3 hours ago, Fred said:

I've grown tired of your insults and inability to debate in a honorable manner.  You failed to address the records I called out above because there is no answer that supports you.

There's a pretty good reason most of the schools up here haven't done as much.  They aren't anywhere near as old or they've been closed, consolidated and renamed, etc.  Again, Lowndes has been open for 55 years.  Grayson has been open for 21.  You've had a lot more opportunities than we have.  I've seen the stories about players transferring between Valdosta and Lowndes and to a much lessor degree, Valwood.  I remember from my youth the stories about jobs miraculously appearing for parents of good players that moved in.  I've heard the stories about air force personnel getting assigned to Moody and their kids being football studs.  I've heard the stories about potentially good players being held back in the 7th or 8th grade to either give them a chance to mature more or because there were too many good players already in those positions.   Your holier than thou attitude is so hypocritical it is pathetic.

You imply your region is called 1-7A for some ulterior motive when the truth is the GHSA had to start somewhere and they started numbering from the bottom of the state.  Used to be the regions progressed up the state geographically but that isn't as true any more.  The growth is in the northern part of the state and it is easier to add region numbers there without renumbering the whole state.  Speculation on my part but probably some truth there.

Continue on with your trash mouth and confirm for all to see the type of person you  are.  I'm done with this.

And who cares if your done. Lowndes Clinch Valdosta Thomasville Tift Moultrie. So Atlanta has been around less than these few examples? I think not, 3/4 of the state population is in Metro. I hear stories too, I hear your team gathered so many recruited players that Herron didn’t enjoy the sleaze factor often discussed about your program and left. Lowndes beat Parkview and Brookwood at their height before your county bore that bastardized program you have now where players don’t know one another. Bottom line is South Georgia Football is far more wholesome and supported much better by rank and file supporters that are inter generational. You folks just ratchet up the corporate sponsorship. There’s a reason some folks moved to SG to play. It’s called iconic programs based on ground laying vision that much of the state embraced. And again who gives a fat shit if your done because you my lost friend may impress some of those folks in the ATL. But not here. So move on down the road.