Some talk of Corky Kell being moved from the Benz

HooverOutlaw

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It did a little imo. I saw a few times where a Colquitt player tried to make a cut and tripped over a cow pattie in that game too. 

However, Colquitt did practice extensively on a superbly kept natural turf field leading up to that game. There were no cow patties on the field they practiced on like there was at Parkview. xD

We play with a grass field at North, too. Colquitt is 1-1 on grass fields against us. As long as the cow patties allow us to win, I'm not complaining. Just saying.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It does work now. Not that it matters for high school football anymore really though. 

The roof at Mill Creek is always stuck open and won't close.

I would be remiss if I didn't point out...it closed on Mill Creek in a semi-final playoff game against the Hawgs in 2015...to the tune of 52-31.  Colquitt was averaging 47 points per game and the Mill Creek defense was averaging giving up 6.8 points per game when the contest started.

Add to that..Rush came in 2nd in a headbutting contest....

Rufus>>

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

We play with a grass field at North, too. Colquitt is 1-1 on grass fields against us. As long as the cow patties allow us to win, I'm not complaining. Just saying.

Yeah I know... There was a big funky shaped cow pattie camouflaged with red white and blue in the center of the field at yall's field too. xD

• Haha 1

Yeah I know... There was a big funky shaped cow pattie camouflaged with red white and blue in the center of the field at yall's field too. xD

Hey, they said honor our veterans for Veterans Day. They never said where we can and can't display it. So we put it dead center. Proves as a good camouflage, doesn't it?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Hey, they said honor our veterans for Veterans Day. They never said where we can and can't display it. So we put it dead center. Proves as a good camouflage, doesn't it?

Some people said it favored a bulldogs face, but, pretty certain it was a cow flop. :P

Some people said it favored a bulldogs face, but, pretty certain it was a cow flop. :P

I think the field design in all truth was very cool. Haven't seen many other teams do something creative with their field. Also, our field is slanted I think. Just slightly and barely noticeable though.

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

Depends on how the virus goes. Im down for multiple Lowndes vs Hoover matchups im sure rush will schedule yall as well.

Friday at Lowndes would be good for us labor day weekend 2021. Play friday night after game drive straight to destin for a few days. Then in 2022 Lowndes comes to Hoover. Has Valdosta been out of state much.  

Valdosta to destin is what probably 3 1/2 hours? 

I will be shocked if they allow spectators.  I will be shocked if very many of the parents want their kids to play in an athletic event where they can easily get the virus and bring it home. 

This summer is making a huge difference especially with what is happening in South Carolina, GA and Florida beach resorts.

5 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

I love hs football as much as anyone-anyone!-on this board but this Fall is different because of the virus.  Many are only beginning to find this out.

Wait until the fall when you compound the covid 19 outbreak with the normal or usual flu season as well. 

Gonna be a rough fall and winter I think. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Friday at Lowndes would be good for us labor day weekend 2021. Play friday night after game drive straight to destin for a few days. Then in 2022 Lowndes comes to Hoover. Has Valdosta been out of state much.  

Valdosta to destin is what probably 3 1/2 hours? 

Last game I remember valdosta going far out of state was to Dallas to play chandler. Yeah its basically 4hrs but a good drive. That would make for a good weekend.

2 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Basketball is really gonna be rough being indoors.

It will be. But I'm very impressed with how The Basketball Tournament handled it this year. No leeway on restrictions and truly kept players isolated. They did a great job, and I hope others see that and take note for the future.

I must add this and also apologize to several on this board who have heard me say this before.  But it is relevant in this thread.

I travelled heavily for 35 years all over the United States for my business.  On Friday nights for four months out of the year I went to high school football games.  Everywhere.  I met a lot of friendly and welcoming fans that I sat next to who accepted me, a Yankee, and made me feel welcome for several hours in the stands.

I made friends from Massillon to Odessa to Valdosta and Bradenton and.....

I love high school football and am truly fortunate to have also known several coaches.

This fall may be a necessary nightmare.

As I mentioned above I also know of two who have died from the virus.  And my cardiologist who told me yesterday that her dad is in the hospital for the second time from Covid while her mom also has the virus at home and worried.

This touches everyone.

This may be the year for everyone to take off-and wear a mask. But life will be back as soon as we work to defeat it.  And have a bit, perhaps a lot-of patience.

Thete WILL be another game in Valdosta or Massillon or Odessa that I see a and there will be thousands in the stands.

But it may not be as soon as I like.  

I’m patient.  

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

I must add this and also apologize to several on this board who have heard me say this before.  But it is relevant in this thread.

I travelled heavily for 35 years all over the United States for my business.  On Friday nights for four months out of the year I went to high school football games.  Everywhere.  I met a lot of friendly and welcoming fans that I sat next to who accepted me, a Yankee, and made me feel welcome for several hours in the stands.

I made friends from Massillon to Odessa to Valdosta and Bradenton and.....

I love high school football and am truly fortunate to have also known several coaches.

This fall may be a necessary nightmare.

As I mentioned above I also know of two who have died from the virus.  And my cardiologist who told me yesterday that her dad is in the hospital for the second time from Covid while her mom also has the virus at home and worried.

This touches everyone.

This may be the year for everyone to take off-and wear a mask. But life will be back as soon as we work to defeat it.  And have a bit, perhaps a lot-of patience.

Thete WILL be another game in Valdosta or Massillon or Odessa that I see a and there will be thousands in the stands.

But it may not be as soon as I like.  

I’m patient.  

I stand by you completely on this. I know I don't have much experience in this advanced world, but I do know that safety is paramount. As much as it hurts me to admit, I am willing to sacrifice my senior year in order to keep others safe. If this means no football, so be it. Just yesterday, one of my closest friend's sister tested positive for the coronavirus. She is only 18 years old. We all know someone who had been affected by this, so it's important that we wear masks and stay safe in their honor. Thank you.

• Like 1

Just now, ngdawg said:

I stand by you completely on this. I know I don't have much experience in this advanced world, but I do know that safety is paramount. As much as it hurts me to admit, I am willing to sacrifice my senior year in order to keep others safe. If this means no football, so be it. Just yesterday, one of my closest friend's sister tested positive for the coronavirus. She is only 18 years old. We all know someone who had been affected by this, so it's important that we wear masks and stay safe in their honor. Thank you.

Wow, you’re still in school.  I could be your grandfather-I’m ancient!  But my heart goes out to you.  I also wish you the absolute best ngdawg.  There are learning experiences we have in life that we never expected.  This may be one.

We grow up faster in times like this.  Sometimes that “growth” can benefit us from what we learn and what we appreciate.  We can also succeed from this-although we may never have expected this.

Good luck, ngdawg.  Wish you and your family the absolute best.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Just now, BigDrop said:

Wow, you’re still in school.  I could be your grandfather-I’m ancient!  But my heart goes out to you.  I also wish you the absolute best ngdawg.  There are learning experiences we have in life that we never expected.  This may be one.

We grow up faster in times like this.  Sometimes that “growth” can benefit us from what we learn and what we appreciate.  We can also succeed from this-although we may never have expected this.

Good luck, ngdawg.  Wish you and your family the absolute best.

Thank you, and I wish the best to you and your family as well.

Hardship is necessary for growth. This virus gives us the opportunity to build off our mistakes for the next time, but that doesn't mean we can't start making change now. I must say, the response to this pandemic among those of my age has been relatively spectacular. Some of my closest friends have started non-profit organizations, with goals as simple as writing letters to those in hospitals to as complex as making masks and delivering goods to hospitals. It is in these tough times in which we find the best in humanity. No one expected this virus to show up, but we must deal with it now that it has unraveled. They say prevention is better than cure, but when prevention is not an option anymore, cure remains. An action as simple as wearing a mask can help save lives. Now, I'm sure you know how rebellious teenagers can be. However, it provides great satisfaction knowing that I helped reduce the spread of the virus. I hung out with my friends (wearing masks) last week. That friend I referred to in my previous post was also there. Because we wore masks, she was not able to spread the virus to the rest of us, even when she had it and didn't know. That prevented us from spreading it to our parents and grandparents, who may have spread it to others. Wearing masks work. If you don't believe in helping others, at least feel the self-satisfaction from thinking that you may have saved lives. That has to be one of my main emphases.

Once again, I wish you and your family well @BigDrop. Hope you all stay safe.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fred said:

Pretty impressive considering that's 320 TONS of roof moving around up there.

The stadium was kind of a waste to be honest. Atlanta football sucks and Atlanta sports is carried by...soccer. The Georgia Dome, apart from it's age, should have just been fine for the future.

On 7/15/2020 at 8:22 AM, MTP28 said:

That’s the way it is. Metro wants to keep that tax base cash in the area. So there goes the whole bullshit argument of playing in a large venue. And nobody wants to play at a converted baseball venue. If that’s the case we can go to Waycross. Rest assured GHSA will figure out some other reason to keep it there. SC games along with big rivalries should be kept in the local venues.

You continue to display your lack of knowledge.  The Kell is a charity event.  It is about selling tickets.  That is why each school has a minimum number of tickets to sell or just pay for.  It has zero to do with tax dollars and 100% to do with tickets.  Closer schools tend to sell more tickets.  Not totally true because there are some fan bases that travel but outside of those few, the further away the fewer ticket sales.  Other than having to follow GHSA rules, GHSA has nothing to do with the Kell.

I think it was you that wanted to play at Hoover.  It could have been Ga96.  Either way the Hoover main stadium is a converted baseball field so there is that.

13 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

The stadium was kind of a waste to be honest. Atlanta football sucks and Atlanta sports is carried by...soccer. The Georgia Dome, apart from it's age, should have just been fine for the future.

Actually not true.  It was a financial decision more so than a functional decision.  More money to made in the new venue which in turns ensures the Falcons stay put and the soccer team came.  Finance not function drives these things except in a very few cases.

5 minutes ago, Fred said:

Actually not true.  It was a financial decision more so than a functional decision.  More money to made in the new venue which in turns ensures the Falcons stay put and the soccer team came.  Finance not function drives these things except in a very few cases.

Yeah, I guess. Function definitely wasn't worth it. And attendance for Falcons games is very poor, so I don't know how financially it works. Doesn't seem too smart to me.

21 minutes ago, Fred said:

You continue to display your lack of knowledge.  The Kell is a charity event.  It is about selling tickets.  That is why each school has a minimum number of tickets to sell or just pay for.  It has zero to do with tax dollars and 100% to do with tickets.  Closer schools tend to sell more tickets.  Not totally true because there are some fan bases that travel but outside of those few, the further away the fewer ticket sales.  Other than having to follow GHSA rules, GHSA has nothing to do with the Kell.

I think it was you that wanted to play at Hoover.  It could have been Ga96.  Either way the Hoover main stadium is a converted baseball field so there is that.

So all the motel, food, gas, and other merchant sales throw in on the charitable contribution. WOW didn’t know that. Again create the narrative to meet your need. Lol