Some talk of Corky Kell being moved from the Benz

HooverOutlaw

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, you seem kind of squirelly on what football you like. I swear you said the game between Colquitt and NG at the Corky Kell last year was the most boring game you ever watched... It was exactly a ground out game, but you almost fell asleep through it. xD 

#nighnight

Anyway, if the field is well maintained and all, grass surface is good to play on. When it's green painted dirt with grass sprinkled in, not so much. 

It was a boring game. But I also did say that my ideal game ends 28-24. I like a rough and tough game, but then again, there actually has to be points scored by both teams. For example, Lowndes scored 49 against us but played tough football on the ground, scoring several times on rushes. I like a game with adequate points, but also hard hits and aggressive play in the trenches. That symbolizes football to me.

On 7/15/2020 at 7:57 AM, Rufus69 said:

The only thing I'll say is...make sure DuBose doesn't headbutt one of his players up at Mill Creek.  People will go nuts if he does....

Rufus>>

While in Alabama DuBose used a version of the figure 4 called the Prattville leg lock.  He only uses it on refs after games.  DuBose told Valdosta local news that head butt is sissy crap compared to the Prattville leg lock.  DuBose said its nothing for him to break man's leg. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

It doesn’t matter if the Benz opens up closes Spins sideways, there is no season cause @CCBlackhatter doesn’t feel it’s necessary to where an N95 mask

I don't think it's necessary to wear a N95 mask.

I wear a disposable medical mask under an Original Darth Vader Space Shield.  

The Space Shield was purchased in 1983.

Rufus>>

10 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Padre don’t think that cloth made in Ghina is gonna stop a chemically engineered Bio Weapon

Not sure if my medical masks were made in Ghina or not...but I would wager the cotton was grown about 2 miles from my Lime Sink facilities in Brooks County.   My mask and my Shield seem to be working just fine...for everybody.

Rufus>>

14 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Does it work now at one time they could not make it open and close?

I rather a home and home. Either way I won't be going for my own health but im sure the kids and parents for both teams would like the experience.

The results could depend on certain things. In this day and time, some high school teams can play an entire season or multiple seasons and never trip over a cow pie on the 27 yard line. 

For those teams, it could be different if they are geared for artificial surfaces and have had little to no natural turf practices. 

54 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The results could depend on certain things. In this day and time, some high school teams can play an entire season or multiple seasons and never trip over a cow pie on the 27 yard line. 

For those teams, it could be different if they are geared for artificial surfaces and have had little to no natural turf practices. 

Do you think teams that often play on turf will be able to readily adjust to the grass? Do teams practice to be comfortable in both or just the one their home field is?

10 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Do you think teams that often play on turf will be able to readily adjust to the grass? Do teams practice to be comfortable in both or just the one their home field is?

I think it has some effect on teams. It depends on style of play imo, but, teams should practice on natural turf if they know they're having a game on that surface. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think it has some effect on teams. It depends on style of play imo, but, teams should practice on natural turf if they know they're having a game on that surface. 

I was thinking this because of Colquitt County last year. They played well all season and at home, too, which is turf at Mack Tharpe. However, Parkview plays on grass. To me, it seemed like the switch from turf to grass may have hurt Colquitt.

22 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I was thinking this because of Colquitt County last year. They played well all season and at home, too, which is turf at Mack Tharpe. However, Parkview plays on grass. To me, it seemed like the switch from turf to grass may have hurt Colquitt.

It did a little imo. I saw a few times where a Colquitt player tried to make a cut and tripped over a cow pattie in that game too. 

However, Colquitt did practice extensively on a superbly kept natural turf field leading up to that game. There were no cow patties on the field they practiced on like there was at Parkview. xD

• Haha 1