A Message to All

ngdawg

1 hour ago, Troll said:

"Some masks"

Forgive my momentary silence, I did have to drive home from work and this is not all that important to me.

I would not wear an N95 mask any longer than I had to and I definitely would not wear one just for going to the grocery store.   Exercising in one is fool hardy and an N95 was never meant to be worn for that purpose.  A PAFR, without supplemental airflow, would be even more restrictive.   A procedure mask?  Much less.  A cloth mask?  Hardly at all.

Lets go back to my original post and intent here.  I was pointing out the contradiction of the argument that some, not necessarily you exactly, were making when they were saying, more or less, that wearing a mask will not prevent coronavirus from getting to me but it will prevent oxygen from doing so even though the coronavirus is 300x the size of oxygen, so why wear one at all?  

Just now, Rippers said:

Forgive my momentary silence, I did have to drive home from work and this is not all that important to me.

I would not wear an N95 mask any longer than I had to and I definitely would not wear one just for going to the grocery store.   Exercising in one is fool hardy and an N95 was never meant to be worn for that purpose.  A PAFR, without supplemental airflow, would be even more restrictive.   A procedure mask?  Much less.  A cloth mask?  Hardly at all.

Lets go back to my original post and intent here.  I was pointing out the contradiction of the argument that some, not necessarily you exactly, were making when they were saying, more or less, that wearing a mask will not prevent coronavirus from getting to me but it will prevent oxygen from doing so even though the coronavirus is 300x the size of oxygen, so why wear one at all?  

Sorry but I don't subscribe to that argument...

And your point here is fine...some masks...but I REALLY don't think when applied to the general public you can expect them to even wear one correctly, nevermind have some expert understanding of what mask does what....

So maybe you should address the argument put forth instead of shooting BS prepaired 'bullet points'.....

🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Troll said:

Yes exactly 👍

...I pointed to the exact spot that PROVES my point.

And your point again was ?

So was your point that all masks “Might” (which means maybe, could be, not sure but I think so) cause oxygen deficiency or just N95 masks (which 99.9% of the general population don’t even use)?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rippers said:

"nor oxygen deficiency", which is my issue here.

How about heart attack or asthma etc....you know.... from that added exhaustion.

BTW....sure hope you are still not trying to argue that it's not a restriction ...or that walking isn't exercise....Or are you thinking you are just going to agree to disagree on those? 

13 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

So was your point that all masks “Might” (which means maybe, could be, not sure but I think so) cause oxygen deficiency or just N95 masks (which 99.9% of the general population don’t even use)?

All masks when not given additional effort to draw air thru the filter, will indeed restrict oxygen (as well as every other particle).

Not too hard to understand 😉

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Troll said:

How about heart attack or asthma etc....you know.... from that added exhaustion.

BTW....sure hope you are still not trying to argue that it's not a restriction ...or that walking isn't exercise....Or are you thinking you are just going to agree to disagree on those? 

Never said it was not a restriction nor did I come anywhere close to saying walking is not an exercise.  Did not address those issues because they were not a part of my original question.  

Having said that, people with underlying health conditions will have issues exercising regardless of whether or not they wear a mask.  I was anemic a few years ago and simply walking up the stairs without a mask exhausted me.  And when my asthma kicks in, I stop exercising till I can breathe again.  Besides, most of the mandates do allow exceptions for medical reasons which in itself is a contradiction because it is said that those most at risk are the ones with underlying health conditions.  Catch-22.

Most of the mandates also just say "face coverings".  So if I am walking around with a heart condition, I don't think a bandana will impact my ability to breathe while at the same time will meet the mandates.

9 hours ago, Rippers said:

Never said it was not a restriction nor did I come anywhere close to saying walking is not an exercise.  Did not address those issues because they were not a part of my original question. 

Certainly fair enough, they were part of mine.

consider it posted just for 'effect' I guess 😏

9 hours ago, Rippers said:

Having said that, people with underlying health conditions will have issues exercising regardless of whether or not they wear a mask.

Sorry but that is some piss poor excuse....for not addressing the very fact that it is not medically beneficial to put a restriction on where you BREATH. 

And Yes many people are even unaware of underlying conditions...until it's too late....so yeah if you want to talk underlying conditions...there is that 🙄.

The rest is fluff, sorry to hear you have asthma, for perspective I'm the very highest 'risk category' there is with this.

and BTW: It's a sign of an intelligent person to be able to entertain thoughts one does not necessarily agree with,  I have no "final opinion" on this, and I don't necessarily always take the side I lean towards when I'm chewing on things...but you will have to have an argument with some actual SUBSTANCE at some point....   

10 minutes ago, Troll said:

All masks when not given additional effort to draw air thru the filter, will indeed restrict oxygen (as well as every other particle).

Not too hard to understand 😉

That’s not what the article you quoted is saying. I’m a building contractor with a hazardous material removal certification so I know a little about the use of masks and respirators. I can’t think of a single mask or respirator that restricts oxygen molecules. Can you please provide me with the lab results that says otherwise.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Troll said:

for not addressing the very fact that it is not medically beneficial to put a restriction on where you BREATH. 

And there is the rub.  Sure, it might not be medically beneficial for YOU.  It is for everyone who comes in contact with your breath.  The idea is to restrict that contact, which is the purpose of masking.

Which is also why the mandates say to wear a facial cover when social distancing is not an option, not every time you walk outside.

Just now, Norcalnut said:

That’s not what the article you quoted is saying.

The article IS SAYING EXACTLY what I quoted....clue: That's why it's called a QUOTE.

3 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

I’m a building contractor with a hazardous material removal certification so I know a little about the use of masks and respirators.

Whoopdy doo...

4 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

I can’t think of a single mask or respirator that restricts oxygen molecules. Can you please provide me with the lab results that says otherwise.

Go back and read  ....air flow...restriction...additional effort....exhaustion....

Apparently you can't think of a single mask that doesn't.

PS: REGARDLESS whether the micron size filters that particular particle or not ...

But nice try 👍

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rippers said:

And there is the rub.  Sure, it might not be IS medically beneficial DETRIMENTAL for YOU.

FIFY

Go ahead and try to deny it...🤣

The rest is more BS fluff...and poor excuses...yet again...

PS: At least you DID boil it down to the RUB. 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rippers said:

Those facial gaiters they sell offer basically zero restriction.  They are only good for hiding your face and fogging up your sunglasses.

So you are saying when the air can't escape and has to fog up your glasses instead, that's not a restriction?

That's brilliant 😒

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Troll said:

The article IS SAYING EXACTLY what I quoted....clue: That's why it's called a QUOTE.

Whoopdy doo...

Go back and read  ....air flow...restriction...additional effort....exhaustion....

Apparently you can't think of a single mask that doesn't.

PS: REGARDLESS whether the micron size filters that particular particle or not ...

But nice try 👍

Your a special type of stupid. The article said “might” and only possibly the N95. What the hell does that have to do with cloth or surgical masks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norcalnut said:

Your a special type of stupid. 

resorting to insults to try to make your point? 😝

1 hour ago, Norcalnut said:

The article said “might” and only possibly the N95. What the hell does that have to do with cloth or surgical masks. 

Cloth and surgical masks are a restriction on breathing  abilities...as well as N95...as they restrict flow and require more effort.

Yes this is detrimental to an individuals health.

So what is it you apparently don't understand?

23 minutes ago, Troll said:

Go ahead and try to deny it..

Depends on your personal situation.  In your case, yes.  In most cases, not so much.  You have a personal angle on this, I get it.

And just because you do not agree with what I am writing does not necessarily make it fluff to most people.  Just to you.