A Message to All

ngdawg

29 minutes ago, Troll said:

So you are saying when the air can't escape and has to fog up your glasses instead, that's not a restriction?

No, it takes the path of least resistance.  Those covers, and most masks, are not airtight.  Warm air rises.  Don't be a dumb ass just for the sake of arguing.

And of course masks are barriers, that is their purpose.  There are different levels of restriction and most facial covers do not restrict the flow of oxygen enough to be detrimental to most people.  With everything in life, there are exceptions to the rule.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Troll said:

resorting to insults to try to make your point? 😝

Cloth surgical masks are a restriction on breathing  abilities...as well as N95...as they restrict flow and require more effort.

Yes this is detrimental to an individuals health.

So what is it you apparently don't understand?

It wasn’t an insult, it was an observation, take it as you will. 

Just now, Rippers said:

Hey, stop stealing my line!

🤣 you must have missed it...at first I thought it was you...had to go back and fix that line🙄

originally read " See 👀 now here I call you brilliant, and you go resorting to insults to try to make your point?" 😝

5 minutes ago, Rippers said:

Don't be a dumb ass just for the sake of arguing.

You are chasing your tail now....Mr insult.

7 minutes ago, Rippers said:

No, it takes the path of least resistance. 

actually the path of least resistance is blocked...

causing a bent and restricted air flow ...

which is detrimental  to ones breathing capabilities and health.

See how that works yet?

12 minutes ago, Rippers said:

Those covers, and most masks, are not airtight.

Then apparently the reason for breathing detrimentally is subverted....go figure.

14 minutes ago, Rippers said:

Warm air rises.  Don't be a dumb ass...

Yes...and HOT AIR BLOWS...apparently

giphy.gif

genius 😉

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Rippers said:

Sorry, could not resist.  I had to get at least one minor one in.

No problem...🤣

I sometimes have issues addressing different posters and switching from 'elbow spike' mode LOL.

That Ngdawg kid gets an apology as well (was a little overboard), I came in in the middle of this thread as it was tossed here, and should have read from the beginning first...🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, Rippers said:

Depends on your personal situation.  In your case, yes.  In most cases, not so much.  You have a personal angle on this, I get it.

And just because you do not agree with what I am writing does not necessarily make it fluff to most people.  Just to you.

BTW: missed this...but this really has nothing to do with me. It has to do with everyone, and anyone can feel or think that way regardless of how healthy they are.   It IS their health after all.

and I call it fluff because you ADMITTEDLY (see above)must concede the point , as in..... IT DOES.

but then always try to dress it up with non-relevent bs.  🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Rippers said:

And of course masks are barriers, that is their purpose.  There are different levels of restriction and most facial covers do not restrict the flow of oxygen enough .....

...oh my ...there's that guilty admission yet again...

how come you just can't say that they DO restrict?

to be detrimental to most people.  With everything in life, there are exceptions to the rule.

Pssst...it's detrimental to 'all' people to restrict breathing ...

and certainly enough to cause them to invest more effort in breathing, and not just comfort.

apparently you missed the 'rule'..

with your guilty admission and fluff...

yet again...

brilliant edit to the post tho😝

Okay, so I read all five pages here and kudos to Troll for making the most sense of anybody in this thread. A few observations:

Nobody is saying the masks are airtight...but they definitely restrict the air flow.

Can anybody deny that It's uncomfortable to breathe in them...what difference does it make whether it's because of not enough oxygen, or too much CO2, or extra moisture and warmth?

It's the height of arrogance to assume that it feels the same to everyone. Obviously, most people don't like the feeling it gives them. It takes extra effort, and many people resort to wearing them with their nose uncovered, or like in my case, tugging on the bottom every 15 seconds or so, to let in some fresh air.

And yes, some have asthma (including me, although I seemed to have mostly outgrown it now). My wife used to get winded just walking 10 yards, until she got her pacemaker put in. Heart trouble, obesity...lots of people have to carry oxygen with them.

Finally, I wear a mask in close quarters, but I want it to be my choice...not the government's demand. That's just wrong.

And the point was made that quarantining the sick or at risk people is good common practice...but quarantining healthy people like we did,  is just plain tyranny.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 hours ago, Rippers said:

Sorry, could not resist.  I had to get at least one minor one in.

Since you seem addicted doc....

I'm sure everyone would love to hear your 'expert' opinion on Fauxi's directives on masks....

or are you refusing to address that MINOR detail as well ....

...giphy.gif

....So you condone this?.....or is a simple yes or no just too much to ask 😉

Never said I am a doctor, never claimed to be  an expert.  I already let this thread go; you can go and do whatever you want and believe what you want to believe.  I don't care.

👍

So all the BS and fluff didn't work out for you ? 🤷‍♂️

what a 💩 shame...

PS: sure looks like you won't be bringing your balls home with you this time tho...😝

giphy.gif

BTW: Enjoy all that "not caring" 👌 

On 7/16/2020 at 3:00 PM, Rippers said:

I'd have to ask.  I know we'll prone the patients, treat high fevers and try to use a vent as a last resort, but I have not heard anything new.  What they have been doing in most cases (at least when the patient presents in the ER) is to test for it, then to treat dehydration and fever then send the patient home to self quarantine, only admitting the most severe cases.  They are told to come back if they get worse.  Right now, we have only 6 positives in house.  We got down to 4, but then went back up to 12 about a week or so ago.

Appreciate it.  Stay safe.  

Up in Whatcom Co. I see most people wearing a mask but certainly not all people.  Most who do not are either young or in a lower income group.  They should be the first to wear a mask IMO.