A Message to All

ngdawg

27 minutes ago, Rippers said:

Its because they learned it can be spread by people without any symptoms, so they just can't wait until someone is sick before putting them into quarantine.

Are there any new therapy in use?  I know a month or two ago they found that laying on their stomach helped greatly.  Anything like that?  

13 hours ago, Rippers said:

Avoided the question and answered with half truths.

Besides, don't you have to work harder to breathe when you are exercising without a mask?<yes... so what (add it to the list/ now doubly hard).  Its because you are using more oxygen, not because you are getting less intake.  <no shit sherlock ....now apply that to walmart shopper lungs.again even worse..Wearing a mask while exercising is not necessarily recommended because sweat can compromise it, not because it is inhibiting oxygen intake.< You see RIGHT THERE is where you just put a bullet in your own head and argument.....probably can't even figure out how. 🤣

First off...rendering your 'question' moot.... is not any avoidance or half truth.

But it was REALLY NICE of you....you know... to show the class just EXACTLY how and why it's the government forcing 'everyone' to do what is "not recommended" 😲

PS: of course that is unless you can find a single doctor on planet earth, who doesn't consider walking to be "good exercise"...

giphy.gif 

BTW: only addressed the 1/2 truth in your last statement...the other half was BS...see if you can figure out how now brown cow.

4 minutes ago, Troll said:

But it was REALLY NICE of you....you know... to show the class just EXACTLY how and why it's the government forcing 'everyone' to do what is "not recommended"

Just because I don't agree with you, it does not mean that I will resort to insults.  

And second, I'll take my medical advice from the doctors and other health care professionals who I work with everyday and who have no political agenda other than getting through this alive over some random internet poster on a high school football message board.  You can chose to believe what you want to believe; I just profoundly disagree with you.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Troll said:

But it was REALLY NICE of you....you know... to show the class just EXACTLY how and why it's the government forcing 'everyone' to do what is "not recommended" 

Don't most of the mask mandates say to wear a mask when "social distancing is not an option"?  That means if you are out running by yourself, driving solo in your car or whatever, the "government" is not forcing anyone to wear a mask.

Even at work, where I am required to wear a mask at all times out in patient care areas, I do not need to wear it...and I don't...when I am alone in my office.  I don't wear it in the car, I don't wear it at home, I don't wear it when I am out mowing the lawn.  The Gestapo is not beating down my door.  People have lost perspective over all of this.

8 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Then use a different mask. The goal is not to protect you from the coronavirus: the goal is to prevent you from spreading the coronavirus. We need to start thinking of this in a selfless way, not a selfish one. If you claim these masks don't work, buy another one. One label on the side of a box cannot possibly give a person the right to disregard safety.

Quit making sense, we don’t want to use logic around here, it hurts our little pea brains. See now look what you’ve done, I got a migraine from using common sense. Now I have to smoke a blunt for relief, damn you!!!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Are there any new therapy in use?  I know a month or two ago they found that laying on their stomach helped greatly.  Anything like that?  

I'd have to ask.  I know we'll prone the patients, treat high fevers and try to use a vent as a last resort, but I have not heard anything new.  What they have been doing in most cases (at least when the patient presents in the ER) is to test for it, then to treat dehydration and fever then send the patient home to self quarantine, only admitting the most severe cases.  They are told to come back if they get worse.  Right now, we have only 6 positives in house.  We got down to 4, but then went back up to 12 about a week or so ago.

Don't most of the mask mandates say to wear a mask when "social distancing is not an option"?  That means if you are out running by yourself, driving solo in your car or whatever, the "government" is not forcing anyone to wear a mask.

Dude just sit down.

You come in here with some BS particle size crap without the basic understanding of air flow etc. and think you don't sound silly?  Yeah everyone just ignore that little tidbit of restriction and don't address any real issue....

Come back when you buy a clue, no idea where you reside, but the "government" is not forcing anyone to wear a mask.(FIFY) here...

The Gestapo is not beating down my door.  People have lost perspective over all of this.

And people have lost jobs and lives over this....yeah... perspective much?

BTW: you must have thrown away your floyd T that says "I can't breath" right? because you think you can, so everyone else should be able to right?  WTG 👋

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Troll said:

You come in here with some BS particle size crap without the basic understanding of air flow etc.

Your assumptions about what I understand and believe in are wrong. I am talking about masks, what the hell does Floyd have to do with that? Stay on topic.

And while you are at it,  flash back to what I said about resorting to insults as a means of supporting your argument.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rippers said:

Your assumption about what I understand is wrong.  And flash back to what I said about resorting to insults as a means of supporting your argument.

Ok Mr. doolittle...address it then....you have a big breathing restriction on your face....with 'particle size having nothing to do with it.

The floor is yours...we'd all love to know how that's not a restriction LOLOL

Go for it 👍

PS: If you want extra credit, you can explain how "these asymptomatic" people, are any different from all the other asymptomatic that would make you want to break the protocol of only quarantining the sick. 👌

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Rippers said:

Just because I don't agree with you, it does not mean that I will resort to insults.  

Just an FYI...On second Read, I'll tone it down...As you post, I will try to reply in like kind. (thought you were a Ripper 🤷‍♂️🤣)...

But you could actually address the real issues, instead of peddling bs...🙄

3 minutes ago, Troll said:

we'd all love to know how that's not a restriction LOLOL

Easy.  Masks to not prevent the flow of oxygen.  Period.

Bottom line is that I could post an Ivy League postgraduate peer reviewed thesis on the subject and you'd still disagree with it.  So why waste my time?  You go your way and use your gut feeling, I'll go mine, trusting science.  Oh, and these asymptomatic people are different that all the other asymptomatic ones because "these" are the one spreading a pandemic.  The others are not.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rippers said:

Easy.  Masks to not prevent the flow of oxygen.  Period.<<<LOL TALK ABOUT BS 🤣

Bottom line is that I could post an Ivy League postgraduate peer reviewed thesis on the subject and you'd still disagree with it.  So why waste my time?  You go your way and use your gut feeling, I'll go mine, trusting science.  Oh, and these asymptomatic people are different that all the other asymptomatic ones because "these" are the one spreading a pandemic.  The others are not.

Post it then...and stop assuming.

• Sad 1

BTW: Here is Stanfords...at Stanford.edu

"Some masks mean you have to put more effort into breathing if you wear them for a long time. The N95 mask forms a seal and filters 95 percent of particles. If worn for many hours without a break, an N95 mask might potentially affect oxygen levels"

Tick tock...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Troll said:

"Some masks mean you have to put more effort into breathing if you wear them for a long time. The N95 mask forms a seal and filters 95 percent of particles. If worn for many hours without a break, an N95 mask might potentially affect oxygen levels"

Tick tock...

giphy.gif

....🙄

7 minutes ago, Troll said:

8 hour shifts at work for most ...."without a break"??..you forgot that part Ronnie!

and I guess you missed little part about "working harder" the whole time....🤡

Guessing Ripper is going to feign insult now too...😆

tick tock

giphy.gif

58 minutes ago, Troll said:

Tick tock...

giphy.gif

Myth- Face masks can reduce oxygen getting to the lungs and bloodstream | Digital MEdIC.pdf

5 minutes ago, Troll said:

Post it or link it from a respectable site...

you think people want to download your virus?

1 minute ago, Norcalnut said:

I’m sorry, it’s actually the whole Stanford article you had quoted. Did you read the whole thing or just grab a quote from the right wing nut job news source?

I’m not bias, they also have left wing nut job news sources .

9 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

I’m sorry, it’s actually the whole Stanford article you had quoted. Did you read the whole thing or just grab a quote from the right wing nut job news source?

Nope read the short version from Stanford here (link below) ....and pulled out the relevant data....

Quick question...do you find the headlines and 'summation'  a bit ironic?

https://digitalmedic.stanford.edu/myth/myth-face-masks-can-reduce-oxygen-getting-to-the-lungs-and-bloodstream/

Amazing how that works huh....🙄

1 minute ago, Troll said:

Nope read the short version here (link below) ....and pulled out the relevant data....

Quick question...do you find the headlines and 'summation'  a bit ironic?

https://digitalmedic.stanford.edu/myth/myth-face-masks-can-reduce-oxygen-getting-to-the-lungs-and-bloodstream/

Amazing how that works huh....🙄

You mean you pulled out the relevant information that suits your narrative. 

• Like 1