Is Covid-19 a sign?

On2whls

10 hours ago, World Citizen said:

There is a lot to your post that I want to get into but I'll narrow it down.  Do you have any ideas as to where these signs might lead?  And if it leads anybody, do you think it will lead everybody?  Meaning that, as you noted, we each have our path to follow but seems we are all on a much bigger highway that we can't simply get off and watch others as they go by.  

I do agree that transformations are happening NOW.  

First, folks must have the ability to recognize the signs, some are fairly obvious, others more subtle.  Every human (with some rare exceptions) has the capacity to recognize the signs, but that capacity is not active to the same extent amongst all.  Next, the signs must be interpreted, but quite often, this means being able to relinquish long held beliefs, religious, scientific, or otherwise.  Then, the signs must be followed and that path is likely to be filled with uncertainty, trepidation, self doubt, and a willingness to possibly confront one’s own mortality.  So, no, it will not lead everybody.

Your highway analogy is interesting.  When I am able to retire, I will proceed headlong down a path that isn’t very populated.  My family will stay on the highway.

The signs lead to answers.  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, RedZone said:

A sign of what exactly?

Covid-19 will be a significant event in our lifetime, but in the grand scheme of things it could have been much worse.  Still, given the ease with which it spread on a global basis, and the difficulties countries encountered (still having) managing it, Covid -19 exposed a collective vulnerability that we should all pay attention to.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, On2whls said:

No doubt.  Magnetism and electromagnetic force does figure in many biological scenarios. Much of that is pretty well understood. 

Not sure if you seen much footage on paranormal investigations.  The little meters they use to record presence of “ghosts” are a form of emf detector.  It’s common for them to refer to the ghosts as energy.  Thus, the implication would be that energy liberated as a result of the death of the host, becomes the ghost.  So, why are there so few ghosts?  Where does the energy go for all the people that die but don’t create ghosts?  

I haven’t witnessed one of those investigations in person, nor have I been able to find enough information that supports that ghosts are an actual form of detectable or chracterizable energy so I’m not ready to put that into my knowledge bin.  

Now, some of these guys also bring a meter that records the ghost communicating.  Since the ghost has no physical communication tools such as larynx, tongue, etc, the implication is that the communication is a non-verbal energy based situation.  If the energy that drives a human is capable of that form of communication after being released, why couldn’t that same type of communication take place when the human is live????

Verbal is only one of the many forms of Communication...

We communicate we each other non-verbally everyday.

'Ghost meters' have no problem picking up ambient frequencies.... not necessarily ghosts...

If you think you are going to communicate with ghosts, forget words, they won't be using their larynx.

I had thought you were more reffering to the earth itself (a magnetic dynamo) as some living being (and supporter of life).  which is a slightly different topic.

6 hours ago, On2whls said:

Covid-19 will be a significant event in our lifetime, but in the grand scheme of things it could have been much worse.  Still, given the ease with which it spread on a global basis, and the difficulties countries encountered (still having) managing it, Covid -19 exposed a collective vulnerability that we should all pay attention to.

....a guy like donald j trump being elected president of the greatest country in the world was the first "sign".....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/22/2020 at 9:07 PM, On2whls said:

First, folks must have the ability to recognize the signs, some are fairly obvious, others more subtle.  Every human (with some rare exceptions) has the capacity to recognize the signs, but that capacity is not active to the same extent amongst all.  Next, the signs must be interpreted, but quite often, this means being able to relinquish long held beliefs, religious, scientific, or otherwise.  Then, the signs must be followed and that path is likely to be filled with uncertainty, trepidation, self doubt, and a willingness to possibly confront one’s own mortality.  So, no, it will not lead everybody.

Your highway analogy is interesting.  When I am able to retire, I will proceed headlong down a path that isn’t very populated.  My family will stay on the highway.

The signs lead to answers.  

This aspect of relinquishing is extremely difficult for most imo.  

On 7/22/2020 at 3:09 AM, On2whls said:

When all is said and done, Covid-19 will go down as a moderately devastating event in our history.   But, when you break it down, Covid-19 is after all a normal virus.  It requires a host, and must access cells in order to replicate.  This is done by a functional active group accessing a receptor (in this case ACE2) in order to gain access to the cell.  It's sort of like a lock and key or maybe like having an invite to a private nightclub, finding the right door person and issuing the secret code, then it's come on in and party.

This mechanism of specific functional groups attaching to receptors is a fundamental and widely repeated phenomenon present in all life forms in hundreds or thousands of ways.  In fact, we start life when a sperm swims up the vaginal canal, runs into an egg, and promptly attaches to a specific receptor.  So prevalent is this sort of set up that it is at the basis of bio-regulation, metabolism, growth, healing processes, ionic transfer etc.   Many drugs or therapeutic treatments rely on the treatment blocking or occupying receptors in order to prevent unwanted biological interactions.

So why is this important?   Despite that we have all sprung from the earth, the vast majority of us look at the earth as an inanimate object that somehow supports life.  But, if you accept that the earth itself has a living component, it would stand to reason that the active site/receptors model seen widely throughout all living things, would similarly be reflected in the living component of earth.   Would it be a stretch that the earth would have specific active sites, some functioning primarily as receptors, some as transmitters, and some that do a sort of double duty, a sort of bio-neural network?   What if many of these sites, including some of the most powerful were irreparably damaged by war, development, pollution or maybe in some cases purposely buried by people that sensed the sites but couldn't understand how they worked and were in fear of the power of these areas?   It would stand to reason then, that the ability of the earth to monitor the condition of life and periodically make corrections would  be compromised.   Could this explain the continuous degradation of the human condition?

A lot might argue that if the above was true, science would certainly have uncovered it by now.  But, what if by design, it was configured such that humans, although capable of comprehending complex subjects, simply were not equipped to recognize the earths bio-neural network, so that we wouldn't try to intervene and manipulate it?   I know there are at times a lot of focus on what we are doing to the earth, the damage we have done thus far, and many feel we have fucked the earth over, when we have really fucked ourselves over.   The Earth is capable of adapting and will eventually make corrections but at the speed of Earth time which goes much slower than human time.  However, our penchant for self destructive behavior that has put us on a course for self elimination happening on a much shorter time scale.   By the time the Earth is able to correct, how long will humanity have been gone?   Based on the things that are happening now, we'll be gone, or at least have been subjected to a significant transformation, not in our lifetime, but it won't be many generations from now.

Now, I know many of you are probably thinking I've consumed too much or have gone crazy and I'm okay with that, so fire away if you will.  Far be it for me to try and influence anyone's system of beliefs.  Starting about 4 years ago, I began replacing my system of beliefs with one of knowledge based on personal experience.   Sure, there are a lot of concepts that I consider as factual if there is overwhelming evidence that a number highly capable folks arrived at the same conclusion using fundamentally sound research.    There are now a lot of things that I know now, that in the past I was simply not sure of, but there is still a lot I will continue to learn moving forward.  

So, is Covid-19 a sign?   From my perspective, had it happened 4 years ago, I simply would not have looked at it the way I do now.   Yes, I consider it a sign, one of many that will be presented over the coming months and years.  The question is, once you've recognized a sign, how to interpret it, and where does it lead?   To that end, each of us has our own path to follow.  

Honestly, this could be the beginning of the end. Now, I know that sounds absolutely crazy and I hope I'm wrong, but it seems plausible. We as humans have neglected our planet for the majority of history and it is coming back to bite us. Whether it be global warming or disease control, we have done a poor job of addressing these. There is also proof of a potential Yellowstone eruption and a 10.0 earthquake on the West Coast. And this is just in America. All these events seem to be on a path of intersection, and that intersection could be coming soon. The coronavirus could be a precursor or "trailer" for the movie of disaster that is upcoming. Our current efforts may be futile. Again, this sounds crazy, and I hope I'm wrong.

4 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Honestly, this could be the beginning of the end. Now, I know that sounds absolutely crazy and I hope I'm wrong, but it seems plausible. We as humans have neglected our planet for the majority of history and it is coming back to bite us. Whether it be global warming or disease control, we have done a poor job of addressing these. There is also proof of a potential Yellowstone eruption and a 10.0 earthquake on the West Coast. And this is just in America. All these events seem to be on a path of intersection, and that intersection could be coming soon. The coronavirus could be a precursor or "trailer" for the movie of disaster that is upcoming. Our current efforts may be futile. Again, this sounds crazy, and I hope I'm wrong.

Yes, we as humans have neglected our planet.  But it is the neglect of fellow humans that will come back to bite us.  The processes that drive how species change and behave going forward is faster for humans than for many other life forms, and doesn't go in reverse.  The earth does play a factor in those changes, but our mistreatment of it has compromised it's ability to contribute in a positive manner.   Let's be honest, humanity has failed humanity, and will continue to do so moving forward.   There is a tipping point in the human condition as relates to our long term viability, and we've moved beyond it. 

The Yellowstone caldera is enormous and a major eruption there would be devastating and not for just the US.   Although there is a lot of volcanic activity there, it's not significant enough to suggest it will manifest itself as a major eruption any time soon.  Remember, earth time moves much more slowly than ours.   

There is an endpoint forthcoming due wholly to our own misgivings, but none of us alive will see it, unless there is some major unforeseen natural disaster, or we somehow decide to self eliminate ahead of time by unleashing nuclear or biological Armageddon.   Although I don't think we are stupid enough to take the acute approach, I wouldn't be shocked.  It would suck for our children.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, On2whls said:

Yes, we as humans have neglected our planet.  But it is the neglect of fellow humans that will come back to bite us.  The processes that drive how species change and behave going forward is faster for humans than for many other life forms, and doesn't go in reverse.  The earth does play a factor in those changes, but our mistreatment of it has compromised it's ability to contribute in a positive manner.   Let's be honest, humanity has failed humanity, and will continue to do so moving forward.   There is a tipping point in the human condition as relates to our long term viability, and we've moved beyond it. 

The Yellowstone caldera is enormous and a major eruption there would be devastating and not for just the US.   Although there is a lot of volcanic activity there, it's not significant enough to suggest it will manifest itself as a major eruption any time soon.  Remember, earth time moves much more slowly than ours.   

There is an endpoint forthcoming due wholly to our own misgivings, but none of us alive will see it, unless there is some major unforeseen natural disaster, or we somehow decide to self eliminate ahead of time by unleashing nuclear or biological Armageddon.   Although I don't think we are stupid enough to take the acute approach, I wouldn't be shocked.  It would suck for our children.

You been hangin' around NOR ?

yet another Failed Species argument?

Let's be honest, humanity has I have failed humanity, and will continue to do so moving forward.   There is a tipping point in the my human condition as relates to our my long term viability, and we've I've moved beyond it.

FIFY.

The earth does play a factor in those changes, but our mistreatment of it has compromised it's ability to contribute in a positive manner.

Do tell...How can the earth not contribute in a positive manner now....🤣

8 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I'm dead serious. Why do you exist? I wouldn't expect an answer from you if it was rhetorical. It's not.

Not going to tell everyone (as some 16 yo) how football teams in the early 2000's compare ?...

Love how you discuss those comparisons...you know...from when you were a 1 year old..... 🙄

Us old guys must respect that opinion, especially when you declare it as supposedly better knowledge than their own. 😝

PS: Told you...couldn't even  figure out why your question was rhetorical 🤣

1 minute ago, Troll said:

Not going to tell everyone (as some 16 yo) how football teams in the early 2000's compare...

Love how you discuss those comparisons...you know...from when you were a 1 year old..... 🙄

Us old guys must respect that opinion, especially when you declare it as supposedly better knowledge than their own. 😝

PS: Told you...couldn't even  figure out why your question was rhetorical 🤣

Did I bring up comparing football teams now? I didn't think so. By the way, that's a rhetorical question. Maybe I should clarify: what's the point of your existence on this website? Does that make it clearer for you?

Just now, ngdawg said:

Did I bring up comparing football teams now? <<you can feel free to check all your other posts. I didn't think so.<<you don't think much...do you... By the way, that's a rhetorical question.<<<actually that one wasn't...LOL Maybe I should clarify: what's the point of your existence on this website? <<<what's it to you? Does that make it clearer for you? <<<the naive stupidity was clear the first time

Hmmm golly gee.....Why you SOOOoooo interested in politics?

....you know 16yo's can't vote right?

Sounds normal to me 🤣

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Troll said:

Hmmm golly gee.....Why you SOOOoooo interested in politics?

....you know 16yo's can't vote right?

Sounds normal to me 🤣

Just because I can't vote yet doesn't mean I can't discuss it. Also, I can discuss my opinions on sports, too. I don't expect anyone to agree with me, but if they do, cool! You still haven't answered my question. 

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

Just because I can't vote yet doesn't mean I can't discuss it. Also, I can discuss my opinions on sports, too. I don't expect anyone to agree with me, but if they do, cool! You still haven't answered my question. 

But it DOES mean you have zero experience and no perspective.....doesn't it...🙄

it's probably good that you don't expect people to agree with you. 👍

PS: I DID answer your question....a couple times....don't like the answers?     😝

3 minutes ago, Troll said:

But it DOES mean you have zero experience and no perspective.....doesn't it...🙄

it's probably good that you don't expect people to agree with you. 👍

PS: I DID answer your question....a couple times....don't like the answers?     😝

Zero perspective? Nope. I still grow up in the same world you do. I don't expect others to agree with me, but that doesn't mean I try a "my way or the highway" approach like others do.

You answered my question with a question. Surprised you passed high school.

7 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Zero perspective? Nope. I still grow up in the same world you do. I don't expect others to agree with me, but that doesn't mean I try a "my way or the highway" approach like others do.

You answered my question with a question. Surprised you passed high school.

Yes "what's it to you"....

and you didn't like the answer.....🤣

and you have not even graduated high school....uhm...remember?   🙄

So you apparently, are STILL talking about things you KNOW NOTHING ABOUT 😝

great perspective, speaking of what you know not 🤣🤣🤣

Back in March, I like a lot of other people were hoping this was akin to the influenza virus in that, the summer heat would put it down. Didnt happen. 

Appears to be very virulent for many, and until we know more about it, I'm not going to risk death.

Will it kill you? Are you sure either way?

As a side note, my wife was very, very sick with a horrible wet cough and fever in late Feb that sent her to the emergency room. Tested her for everything chest related. Nothing. Didnt have the covid test at that time. Im thinking she had it and should get an antibody test.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Back in March, I like a lot of other people were hoping this was akin to the influenza virus in that, the summer heat would put it down. Didnt happen. 

Appears to be very virulent for many, and until we know more about it, I'm not going to risk death.

Will it kill you? Are you sure either way?

As a side note, my wife was very, very sick with a horrible wet cough and fever in late Feb that sent her to the emergency room. Tested her for everything chest related. Nothing. Didnt have the covid test at that time. Im thinking she had it and should get an antibody test.

Agreed...here in the NYC zone, I know MANY of my friends who all had similar "knockout flus" in Nov-Dec....

Some have turned up positive now, without any other abnormal conditions.

Testing is always appropriate if you can trust the tests.  At the very least, It may give greater comfort to those who have already 'survived' this once....

just sayin'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troll said:

Yes "what's it to you"....

and you didn't like the answer.....🤣

and you have not even graduated high school....uhm...remember?   🙄

So you apparently, are STILL talking about things you KNOW NOTHING ABOUT 😝

great perspective, speaking of what you know not 🤣🤣🤣

Just because I haven't graduated high school yet doesn't mean I'm clueless. And just because I didn't know football in 2007 doesn't mean I can't discuss it. That's why there are highlights and record books. 

2 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Just because I haven't graduated high school yet doesn't mean I'm clueless.

No...Clueless is tossing around some insult like....what was it?

oh yeah.... "surprised you passed HS"

Now how many people who have NOT even accomplished such,

do you think would attempt such an insult? 🤔

Yup totally normal. 🤣

PS: and just WHO exactly...you know... would be even worse, in your own insult? 😝

2 hours ago, ngdawg said:

And just because I didn't know football in 2007 doesn't mean I can't discuss it. That's why there are highlights and record books. 

Ok highlight boy...you just go on thinking you know better than those who where there...👍

#winning

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Troll said:

No...Clueless is tossing around some insult like....what was it?

oh yeah.... "surprised you passed HS"

Now how many people who have NOT even accomplished such, do you think would attempt such an insult? 🤔

Yup totally normal. 🤣

PS: and WHO exactly, would be even worse than your own insult? 😝

Ok highlight boy...you just go on thinking you know better than those who where there...👍

#winning

Buddy, you're really confusing. I didn't say I was better. Why is it when I say that 1+1=2, you hear 1+1=3?

• Like 1