Re-Thinking Trump

Gospeeder

For years, I have felt we have had a steady degradation in the quality of candidates for POTUS to where we had finally hit rock bottom when we were left to choose between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. It was the first time I could not bring myself to vote at the presidential level. Once Trump won and started his run of BS about the greatest inauguration ever and all of his other crap highlighting his incessant insecurity, I figured we going to be in for a rocky ride.

While that ride has been entertaining, there are a few interesting things that show up for those who take the time to focus on actual facts. Before writing this guy off, I spent several hours reviewing what he actually accomplished. I noted the usual re-up bill signings that are automatic for every administration but a few meaningful new bills caught my attention... such as the crime bill which has been a huge benefit to those who could not afford counsel etc... his dealings with China.. his first choice for the Supreme Court... and how he did not screw up the upward moving economy that he inherited among several other things.

We are constantly bombarded by what the mainstream media wants us to hear and the fact is; the really important stuff is not much talked about as it does not benefit those who actually control the media and sign the substantial paychecks of those who deliver it to us. To be sure Trump's buffoonery and lies on the camera has served to drive many, including myself, away from him but there may be another side to this guy that may be worthy of re-thinking about keeping him as POTUS.

I suggest many on the board check out the following link below. He handles the interview in the way a president should and while he does embellish on couple of things discussed, he for the most part is dead on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL08DwwU0sk

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 1:37 AM, Gospeeder said:

For years, I have felt we have had a steady degradation in the quality of candidates for POTUS to where we had finally hit rock bottom when we were left to choose between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. It was the first time I could not bring myself to vote at the presidential level. Once Trump won and started his run of BS about the greatest inauguration ever and all of his other crap highlighting his incessant insecurity, I figured we going to be in for a rocky ride.

While that ride has been entertaining, there are a few interesting things that show up for those who take the time to focus on actual facts. Before writing this guy off, I spent several hours reviewing what he actually accomplished. I noted the usual re-up bill signings that are automatic for every administration but a few meaningful new bills caught my attention... such as the crime bill which has been a huge benefit to those who could not afford counsel etc... his dealings with China.. his first choice for the Supreme Court... and how he did not screw up the upward moving economy that he inherited among several other things.

We are constantly bombarded by what the mainstream media wants us to hear and the fact is; the really important stuff is not much talked about as it does not benefit those who actually control the media and sign the substantial paychecks of those who deliver it to us. To be sure Trump's buffoonery and lies on the camera has served to drive many, including myself, away from him but there may be another side to this guy that may be worthy of re-thinking about keeping him as POTUS.

I suggest many on the board check out the following link below. He handles the interview in the way a president should and while he does embellish on couple of things discussed, he for the most part is dead on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL08DwwU0sk

Gave  it a go... not happening. Why, well glad you asked....

Too many to list here, but let’s start with the message, the message is one of opinion and double talk. 

Nothing of substance to latch on to give a thought to pulling it for Trump. 

bgw

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Gave  it a go... not happening. Why, well glad you asked....

Too many to list here, but let’s start with the message, the message is one of opinion and double talk. 

Nothing of substance to latch on to give a thought to pulling it for Trump. 

bgw

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

My favorite part was when he said "Before writing this guy off....."

As if 5+ years now in the public as a politician isn't sufficient to judge.

Then to top it off he offers no details regarding his accomplishments. He just says "his dealings with China" as if just saying a phrase is sufficient.

He started a trade war with a country that we have a big trade deficit with which required tens of billions in bail-out money for our soybean farmers.

There are reasonable people who could probably make an argument like this palatable but based on his post @Gospeeder isn't one of them.

• Thanks 2

On 8/18/2020 at 1:37 AM, Gospeeder said:

Trump has been in the public eye since I lived in NYC in the 1980s. From my perspective, he had mental issues then which have gotten worse with the passage of time. There is not a snowball's chance in hell I would ever cast a vote for him. I think most of the non-Trump supporters feel the same way. Your time would be better spent focused on rallying his base to make sure they go vote for him. For those against Trump, at this stage there is little you can do to persuade us.  

Just my ten cents worth of friendly advice. But if you want to wast your time, be my guest ...

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

My favorite part was when he said "Before writing this guy off....."

As if 5+ years now in the public as a politician isn't sufficient to judge.

Then to top it off he offers no details regarding his accomplishments. He just says "his dealings with China" as if just saying a phrase is sufficient.

He started a trade war with a county that we have a big trade deficit with which required tens of billions in bail-out money for our soybean farmers.

There are reasonable people who could probably make an argument like this palatable but based on his post @Gospeeder isn't one of them.

Nearly 50 for Biden hasn't been, so...

1 minute ago, concha said:

Nearly 50 for Biden hasn't been, so...

Biden is a generic center-left politician who is liked and respected by people on both sides.

You are more than welcome to judge him on his record.

Also, what you said is no refutation of what I said.

So my statement stands unopposed as usual.

Trump is so pathetic that nobody can ever refute what his critics say about him.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Biden is a generic center-left politician who is liked and respected by people on both sides.

You are more than welcome to judge him on his record.

Also, what you said is no refutation of what I said.

So my statement stands unopposed as usual.

Trump is so pathetic that nobody can ever refute what his critics say about him.

1) So Biden wins the personality contest. And the creepiness contest too.

2) I do.

3) It was a rejoinder.

4) I have no desire for several hours of back-and-forth with you. Suffice it to say there are arguments for confronting a trading partner that has taken advantage of us for years and plays dirty pool. Agree. Disagree. IDGAF.

5) See above. Your histrionics stating absolutes like "nobody" and "ever" are bullshit. Just part of your schtick.

Have a nice day, Andy.

• Like 1

Interestingly, the betting sites don't appear to be showing any convention bump for Biden.

In fact, electionbettingodds.com (which uses data from 3 other sources) actually shows that Biden's lead has shrunk by almost 7 points this month.

It's still a big lead, but headed in the wrong direction, especially taking into account the convention.    

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

Because you will lie and/or ignore the morally bankrupt nature of Trump.

And I'll call you on it.

Then you'll freak out and spend pages flying off the handle.

Sure, Andy. That's it. Biden's a saint if you ignore his history of racial gaffes, plagiarism, lying about his academic record etc.  

[Queue, the "I know"]

2 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Because you will lie and/or ignore the morally bankrupt nature of Trump.

And I'll call you on it.

Then you'll freak out and spend pages flying off the handle.

Would that be an obsessive disorder or obsessive perseveration. 

I’m going latter simply because it fits Conchita to a “t”.

bgw

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I'm constantly amazed by the lack of refutation of any of the claims that I make against concha.

Andy,

I'll help here.

It's because my purpose in life is not to be here to give you the attention you so desperately seek.

This may shock you, but I reply to who I want and the topics I want, when I want.

You are a dick and I'm not going to respond to every asinine bit of histrionics you decide to post.

Love,

Me

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, concha said:

Andy,

I'll help here.

It's because my purpose in life is not to be here to give you the attention you so desperately seek.

This may shock you, but I reply to who I want and the topics I want, when I want.

You are a dick and I'm not going to respond to every asinine bit of histrionics you decide to post.

Love,

Me

Kung Flu Virus!

21 minutes ago, concha said:

I'll help here.

Love,

Me

But you don't ignore my posts. You actually respond to them. You just don't refute anything that I said. You just whine and change the subject.

So just another attempt to sidestep actual substance and instead go all-in on style and face-saving measures.

• Haha 1