The wheels of justice....

DBP66

Trump must turn over tax returns, does not deserve immunity, Manhattan's top prosecutor says

August 27, 2020, 4:24 PM

By Jonathan Stempel

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Manhattan's top prosecutor told a U.S. court on Thursday he should be able to obtain President Donald Trump's tax returns, saying Trump cannot immunize himself from a criminal probe of his business practices by pursuing an appeal that has "no chance of success."

Cyrus Vance, the Manhattan district attorney, urged the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan in a filing to reject Trump's emergency bid to block a subpoena to the president's accounting firm, Mazars USA, for eight years of tax returns.

Trump has until Monday to respond in writing. Oral arguments are scheduled for Sept. 1.

The Republican president has been fighting to block Vance's subpoena for a year, including at the U.S. Supreme Court, which last month rejected his argument that he has immunity from criminal probes while in the White House.

Trump later claimed that Vance's subpoena was "wildly overbroad" and issued in "bad faith," largely mirroring similar subpoena issued by congressional Democrats.

He has also called Vance's subpoena part of a "witch hunt," saying the case will likely head back to the Supreme Court.

But in Thursday's filing, Vance said that by continuing to litigate, Trump had effectively obtained "temporary absolute immunity," a claim "rejected at every level of the federal courts," by keeping a grand jury from seeing his tax returns.

He also said handing over the returns would not irreparably harm Trump, citing the confidentiality of grand jury proceedings, and noted that the past six U.S. presidents publicly released their tax returns.

On Aug. 20, U.S. District Judge Victor Marrero, who had rejected Trump's broad immunity argument last October, again refused to block the subpoena.

"Justice requires an end to this controversy," Marrero wrote, and which Vance repeated in his filing.

It is unlikely that Trump's tax returns will become public before the Nov. 3 election.

Vance agreed not to enforce the subpoena until two days after the appeals court rules on Trump's request for a stay.

Just now, I AM IRONMAN said:

They sure got him THIS time!

😂😂😂

🍕

On Aug. 20, U.S. District Judge Victor Marrero, who had rejected Trump's broad immunity argument last October, again refused to block the subpoena.

"Justice requires an end to this controversy," Marrero wrote, and which Vance repeated in his filing.

So. Is this a state level or federal suit?

There's 400 pending lawsuits on the federal level filed against Trumpy and his buddies in the WH, so it's good to be a lawyer I reckon.

Unprecedented I'm hearing and my hearing and thick skull prohibits outside interference but how Trumpy and his butt buddies have managed to get past that formidable firewall is unknown to me.

But anyways, fuck all ya'll that don't see it my way.

bgw

8 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

So. Is this a state level or federal suit?

There's 400 pending lawsuits on the federal level filed against Trumpy and his buddies in the WH, so it's good to be a lawyer I reckon.

Unprecedented I'm hearing and my hearing and thick skull prohibits outside interference but how Trumpy and his butt buddies have managed to get past that formidable firewall is unknown to me.

But anyways, fuck all ya'll that don't see it my way.

bgw

...Because you’re an intellectual midget-loser piece of “independent” hunk of liberal squid shit. You’re clearly okay with the relentless, unethical...woke...bullshit that is perpetuated upon the general public on a daily basis by your unethical, lying, immoral, anti-American leftists and media....your peeps Mr. “independent”. You are in the minority, asshole. You will see that in Nov. Better hope your people can steal the election somehow. You could suckstart at Harley, Succubus🤣
Signed,

An America-loving Tennessean😎

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

...Because you’re an intellectual midget-loser piece of “independent” hunk of liberal squid shit. You’re clearly okay with the relentless, unethical...woke...bullshit that is perpetuated upon the general public on a daily basis by your unethical, lying, immoral, anti-American leftists and media....your peeps Mr. “independent”. You are in the minority, asshole. You will see that in Nov. Better hope your people can steal the election somehow. You could suckstart at Harley, Succubus🤣
Signed,

An America-loving Tennessean😎

Hahahahaha.... and you believe this drivel emanated from the Trumpian Propaganda machine!!!

All you gotta do is flip the allegiance and this shit would fit to a fuckin' T!

Dammit Blue, and I gotta wake up? This is too fucking funny!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! 

bgw

5 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Hahahahaha.... and you believe this drivel emanated from the Trumpian Propaganda machine!!!

All you gotta do is flip the allegiance and this shit would fit to a fuckin' T!

Dammit Blue, and I gotta wake up? This is too fucking funny!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! 

bgw

No. Not at all. That’s a nice woke, easy out though for the low info wokies. My allegiance is based upon 40+ years life education and life experience....and the 200 years of spilled blood before me. LOTS of life experience. More than you’ll EVER see...bet that.  And you sit there like a goofy woke fuck and discount that. And you don’t even question as to why I support Trump after 2 decades of voting for dems. Starting with Clinton. I am okay with life going on without me. But, in the meantime, I’m not going to be intimidated and forced into acting in a way that goes against EVERYTHING that America was founded upon. You are an ungrateful prick. Period. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DBP66 said:

Trump must turn over tax returns, does not deserve immunity, Manhattan's top prosecutor says

August 27, 2020, 4:24 PM

By Jonathan Stempel

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Manhattan's top prosecutor told a U.S. court on Thursday he should be able to obtain President Donald Trump's tax returns, saying Trump cannot immunize himself from a criminal probe of his business practices by pursuing an appeal that has "no chance of success."

Cyrus Vance, the Manhattan district attorney, urged the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan in a filing to reject Trump's emergency bid to block a subpoena to the president's accounting firm, Mazars USA, for eight years of tax returns.

Trump has until Monday to respond in writing. Oral arguments are scheduled for Sept. 1.

The Republican president has been fighting to block Vance's subpoena for a year, including at the U.S. Supreme Court, which last month rejected his argument that he has immunity from criminal probes while in the White House.

Trump later claimed that Vance's subpoena was "wildly overbroad" and issued in "bad faith," largely mirroring similar subpoena issued by congressional Democrats.

He has also called Vance's subpoena part of a "witch hunt," saying the case will likely head back to the Supreme Court.

But in Thursday's filing, Vance said that by continuing to litigate, Trump had effectively obtained "temporary absolute immunity," a claim "rejected at every level of the federal courts," by keeping a grand jury from seeing his tax returns.

He also said handing over the returns would not irreparably harm Trump, citing the confidentiality of grand jury proceedings, and noted that the past six U.S. presidents publicly released their tax returns.

It is unlikely that Trump's tax returns will become public before the Nov. 3 election.

Vance agreed not to enforce the subpoena until two days after the appeals court rules on Trump's request for a stay.

I think the Prez is going to dump 20yrs of returns right in their laps in Oct.When they see his donations alone they will freak,make up shit & never disclose anything truthful to the lefty press.Just lie,lie,lie.KAG

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

No. Not at all. That’s a nice woke, easy out though for the low info wokies. My allegiance is based upon 40 years life education and life experience....and the 200 years of spilled blood before me. LOTS of life experience. More than you’ll EVER see...bet that.  And you sit there like a goofy woke fuck and discount that. And you don’t even question as to why I support Trump after 2 decades of voting for dems. Starting with Clinton. I am okay with life going on without me. But, in the meantime, I’m not going to be intimidated and forced into acting in a way that goes against EVERYTHING that America was founded upon. You are an ungrateful prick. Period. 

Uh huh.... you keep believing that bullshit, it was founded alright embedded in White Supremacy and on the backs of African brothers and sisters kidnapped and brought over chained, whipped, raped, brutalized and murdered as chattel property to be taxed, marginalized and to this day oppressed, suppressed and discriminated on every term. 

The police in Kenosha and the city are complicit in carrying on this systemic racism by coddling and engaging White Supremacists effectively implementing White Privilege to fill the back of a Brother with 7 slugs.

But please carry on with your Uncle Tom, House Negro bullshit.... I find it interesting to see a different and unique level of ignorance and bigotry.

bgw

339F3048-8C9A-4A90-8A5D-A224DF7D5E70.jpeg

45 minutes ago, tommygun58 said:

I think the Prez is going to dump 20yrs of returns right in their laps in Oct.When they see his donations alone they will freak,make up shit & never disclose anything truthful to the lefty press.Just lie,lie,lie.KAG

he would have done that a looong time ago..he's as dirty as it gets...Cohen explained what crimes he committed...he should know...he helped him commit the crimes.

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Uh huh.... you keep believing that bullshit, it was founded alright embedded in White Supremacy and on the backs of African brothers and sisters kidnapped and brought over chained, whipped, raped, brutalized and murdered as chattel property to be taxed, marginalized and to this day oppressed, suppressed and discriminated on every term. 

The police in Kenosha and the city are complicit in carrying on this systemic racism by coddling and engaging White Supremacists effectively implementing White Privilege to fill the back of a Brother with 7 slugs.

But please carry on with your Uncle Tom, House Negro bullshit.... I find it interesting to see a different and unique level of ignorance and bigotry.

bgw

339F3048-8C9A-4A90-8A5D-A224DF7D5E70.jpeg

Lol! I thought you were “Indepentdent”? ... 🤣

Im gonna go ahead and tell my family and friends (you know....all of those other bigots)...as to your ultimate enlightenment on how to make my life better. Fuck you...respectfully. You’re a joke and a goofy fuck to boot. All fucking weird ass, mutant, 7 feet of you. I’ve said that before and I’ll say it again. Over and over if necessary

”Independent”.... can’t make that shit up. 🤣

8 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Lol! I thought you were “Indepentdent”? ... 🤣

Im gonna go ahead and tell my family and friends (you know....all of those other bigots)...as to your ultimate enlightenment on how to make my life better. Fuck you...respectfully. You’re a joke and a goofy fuck to boot. All fucking weird ass, mutant, 7 feet of you. I’ve said that before and I’ll say it again. Over and over if necessary

”Independent”.... can’t make that shit up. 🤣

I could give a shit about making your life better, you’ve made your bed, you fucking Uncle Tom... keep drinking the Trumpian poison I could give a shit about that too. 

Until we “repair” our atrocious past and stop killing people through the lens of our White Supremacist racist culture and the systems in place, I will not rest. 

So respectfully fuck you and the malignant clowns that think like you.

bgw

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blueliner said:

...or he’s about 20k steps ahead of your dumb ass. You’re a fu king dumbass beyond belief.

yea...the desperate man who has been rejected by the court many times already is "20k steps ahead" of things huh Blueballs??...you know he just paid Stormy Daniles $48,000 for her legal fees!..LOL....because he was so far ahead of the legal system!!....f*in moron...🤡

• Haha 1