Warner Robins - 25, Valdosta - 28 FINAL

ngdawg

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Maybe by not being good. I've never understood the infatuation with these private schools. When they start playing and beating Lowndes, Grayson, Colquitt, Brookwood, North Gwinnett on a regular basis, I may start fainting when they walk by... In the meantime, not super interested in trying to follow them. 

They aren't perennially a top power in the state across all classes. 

That's what I love about Georgia football. Number one, it isn't dominated by privates like several other states. Number two, it is actually a toss-up as to who wins the state championship each year.

Maybe by not being good. I've never understood the infatuation with these private schools. When they start playing and beating Lowndes, Grayson, Colquitt, Brookwood, North Gwinnett on a regular basis, I may start fainting when they walk by... In the meantime, not super interested in trying to follow them. 

Maybe it’s the coaching? ,, who’s the top private coaches in Ga

That really shouldn't matter, right? If depth is the biggest difference, then there's no way in hell a 1a school (who's guy are playing both ways for the most part) should be beating a team in a higher classification....outnumbering them by 30 million athletes. 

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

That really shouldn't matter, right? If depth is the biggest difference, then there's no way in hell a 1a school (who's guy are playing both ways for the most part) should be beating a team in a higher classification....outnumbering them by 30 million athletes. 

It isn't all depth, but, having a second and third rotation of fresh legs without huge drop offs in talent is certainly a huge plus. Some schools manage to have that and others don't. 

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It isn't all depth, but, having a second and third rotation of fresh legs without huge drop offs in talent is certainly a huge plus. Some schools manage to have that and others don't. 

Hmmm... This is off topic, but just bear with me: in a 10 game series, would you take the 10th best 7a team over the best 6a team? I'm talkin football by the way. 

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Hmmm... This is off topic, but just bear with me: in a 10 game series, would you take the 10th best 7a team over the best 6a team? I'm talkin football by the way. 

For me, that's 2020 Marietta vs. 2020 Valdosta/Buford. I'm taking the 6A team in a 6-4 win in the series.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

The real question would be Milton versus the best 6A team. To me that's very tough.

Also, was anyone impressed with how Collins Hill handled Carrollton? I thought they played very well.

35 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Depends on too many variables to just say yes or no to the question. Not all the time, but probably more than half the time. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

No, but they played a great game versus Buford last year. I feel like they're equals.

Now let's think about it.... Yes, Buford won 5a, but do you really think that they were 5a's best? You know they best team doesn't always win the title. Milton playing a great game? Idk bout that. They came back once Buford started playing conservative, but milton really didn't do much. 

20 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Now let's think about it.... Yes, Buford won 5a, but do you really think that they were 5a's best? You know they best team doesn't always win the title. Milton playing a great game? Idk bout that. They came back once Buford started playing conservative, but milton really didn't do much. 

All valid points. But think about this year's Milton team against Buford in 10 games. I think Milton may drop the first couple but roar back. 

Just now, FootballGuy said:

We don't even know what they look like! They haven't played, jack. I did hear Milton was loaded this year.....with a top recruit transferring in from Bama. 

I think Milton this year will be better than last year. And that would mean a closer matchup with Buford score-wise.

Just curious, which 7A team would be your best comparison to 2019 Buford?

Just now, FootballGuy said:

Yikes! That's hard to say. The team that jumps off the top is.....Parkview? 

Wow, you have Buford compared to a team that good? Interesting.

Here's where I was going with this. In order to find a suitable opponent for Buford for the 10-game series, we could take 2019 Buford and find a suitable 7A comparison. Then we can find a 7A comparison in 2020 for 2019 Parkview. Then, we can formulate the best possible matchup for 2020 Buford. Who would you compare 2019 Parkview to in 2020? I'd go with 2020 Colquitt County or 2020 North Gwinnett.