Jacob Blake

imaGoodBoyNow

Just now, HSFBfan said:

And it worked. I still remember that teachers name to today and that was what 26 years ago. She's still alive. 

I apparently also had  psycho 3rd grade teacher but don't remember her

Just now, HSFBfan said:

And it worked. I still remember that teachers name to today and that was what 26 years ago. She's still alive. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

This answer was so good it showed up thrice! Said no one ever. 

Psycho teachers always exist. I had many too in the past.

17 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Oh he’s been there for 12 years he’s a damn good teacher he just has a military style approach to learning 

I've noticed that the best teachers are often the strictest.

At least that's what I told myself when I was hit with rulers and broomsticks in 3rd grade in India.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Don't understand this...clarify?

Let me help. You’re generation is a bunch of pussies and need some discipline if you expect to lead the world into the future. It’s going going take more than a bunch lazy, technologically “advanced” kids to provide for mankind into the future. You’re not smarter. You don’t think generations before you didn’t innovate and create shit to get you to be able to sit in your basement and play realistic video games. Your high image of yourself and your generation are going to be serious problem down the road. As I age, and I depend upon socially competent citizens, that scares me. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Let me help. You’re generation is a bunch of pussies and need some discipline if you expect to lead the world into the future. It’s going going take more than a bunch lazy, technologically “advanced” kids to provide for mankind into the future. You’re not smarter. You don’t think generations before you didn’t innovate and create shit to get you to be able to sit in your basement and play realistic video games. Your high image of yourself and your generation are going to be serious problem down the road. As I age, and I depend upon socially competent citizens, that scares me. 

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

lol

No, all they will do is continue the work of prior generations. We have always piggy backed off the toils of previous generations. 

Peace

So will we not build off the previous generations' technologies to make it better and more complex? Does that not count?

Just now, ngdawg said:

So will we not build off the previous generations' technologies to make it better and more complex? Does that not count?

Sure it counts. My point is that there is nothing special about your generation nor my generation nor the great generation.....

People are people. They progress. This is one important reason to shape change not reject change as teh GOP wants. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Encouragement is now looked at better than punishment. 

You can't find a study to contradict this.

When you punish you get people who look at avoid the punishment not the act that it was given for. This leads to more unwanted behaviors.

When you reinforce the positive and teach consequences you have a much better adjust person as a result.

• Like 1