Jacob Blake

imaGoodBoyNow

Just now, noonereal said:

You can't find a study to contradict this.

When you punish you get people who look at avoid the punishment not the act that it was given for. This leads to more unwanted behaviors.

When you reinforce the positive and teach consequences you have a much better adjust person as a result.

It's just like they sat kids who bully others at school are often mistreated at home.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

So will we not build off the previous generations' technologies to make it better and more complex? Does that not count?

Of course you will. It’s a natural progression. But it’s not some badge of honor for your generation like you believe. What is “build” in your mind? In my experience...and it’s fu k of a lot more than your experience, jr....is that each generation is becoming lazier and lazier and caring less and less about previous generations  “How can I make life easier for for everyone...and for me” seems to be the mantra of today’s kids. Keeping society and mankind going in a positive direction will NEVER be easy. Shortcuts will be our undoing.  You seem like a good kid. People before technology. I hope that you can remember this little tidbit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Of course you will. It’s a natural progression. But it’s not some badge of honor for your generation like you believe. What is “build” in your mind? In my experience...and it’s fu k of a lot more than your experience, jr....is that each generation is becoming lazier and lazier and caring less and less about previous generations  “How can I make life easier for for everyone...and for me” seems to be the mantra of today’s kids. Keeping society and mankind going in a positive direction will NEVER be easy. Shortcuts will be our undoing.  You seem like a good kid. People before technology. I hope that you can remember this little tidbit. 

People are people, they are hard coded. 

It's not that generations are getting lazier, it is that life is becoming easier.

We, as humans, will take the easiest path to get what we need. This has always been the case. Like I said, this is hard coded in us so as to reserve our energy as much as possible. This offered the best route to survival hundreds, thousands of years ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

People are people, they are hard coded. 

It's not that generations are getting lazier, it is that life is becoming easier.

We, as humans, will take the easiest path to get what we need. This has always been the case. Like I said, this is hard coded in us so as to reserve our energy as much as possible. This offered the best route to survival hundreds, thousands of years ago.

A very bad thing ive seen with older generations including mine is they love to blame younger generations as if they fell out the air. Each new generation is the product of the older.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

A very bad thing ive seen with older generations including mine is they love to blame younger generations as if they fell out the air. Each new generation is the product of the older.

I have much respect for my kids generation. They are way more responsible than my generation or the Great Generation. 

Take a simple thing like drunkin' driving... It was the norm in my fathers generation, my generation was "sneeky". This generation really uses designated drives! 

I don't think it's healthy that they don't have kids or couple until their mid 30's but I know this is what affluence brings.,

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

True. Generations worked hard to give then next generation the best things. But technological advancements making life easier are eroding then work ethic generation by generation. If the next generation would take the technological advancements as they come, keep the work ethic of the previous generation, and continue to care about people like the previous generation, perhaps we might have something to work with. But simply saying, although there is some validity to it, that each generation is a product of the older is a bit lazy. If each generation would take (all) experience and history along with the tech advances, maybe we’d truly be in a different place. 

17 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Maybe this is why our schools are failing 

I'm not that much older than you. 1 generation older and I remember in public school getting hit by rulers by teachers and nobody said a word. My elementary school to this day is still run by an ex nun. The word discipline doesn't even do it justice when it went to that school. I know people who work in that school who are terrified of her and she's now gotta be in her 80s

That brings back memories. In 7th grade I had a teacher, who would start the day off by walking down the aisles saying, "I don't want any trouble out of you...or you...or you, as she whacked each one of us with wooden stick, before we had even done anything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

That brings back memories. In 7th grade I had a teacher, who would start the day off by walking down the aisles saying, "I don't want any trouble out of you...or you...or you, as she whacked each one of us with wooden stick, before we had even done anything.

That damn wooden stick lol