Opening line Colquitt-6.

HooverOutlaw

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

With questions for Garcia and Valdosta Running back hurt last night early money is on Colquitt.

Rumor is that Colquitt superintendent has demanded Rush must coach from a cage above sideline for game.   

Rumor I heard is the game is for all the kids that are worth a damn. 

If dosta wins they get the rest of cc’s starters and two program benefactors of their choosing. If they lose they get only four more starters and one benefactor of cc’s choosing. 

Lot ridin’ on this one. I picked cc on the vent Four hours ago and am riding with it. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think the Lowndes line is close to fair. I'd be tempted to take up a bet giving up 2 scores anyway. 

I wouldn't gamble one dirty dime on the Colquitt vs. Valdosta game. Not one! Anything can happen in that one. Battle of the defenses seems like a decent billing for the game. 

I agree it will be a battle of defenses. We just didn't look sharp offensively, which is most likely due to the lack of practice time all year.

Xavier was overthrowing a lot of passes and needs to learn to put more touch on his balls. Our OL allowed a lot of pressure which may have affected the QB with his timing. We also struggled run blocking, but young Mr. Pace bailed them out several times. I think the sophomore has a chance to be our next Ty Lee, I was very impressed with his abilities.

10 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I agree it will be a battle of defenses. We just didn't look sharp offensively, which is most likely due to the lack of practice time all year.

Xavier was overthrowing a lot of passes and needs to learn to put more touch on his balls. Our OL allowed a lot of pressure which may have affected the QB with his timing. We also struggled run blocking, but young Mr. Pace bailed them out several times. I think the sophomore has a chance to be our next Ty Lee, I was very impressed with his abilities.

What did you think about his little brother Nick Pace that came in late? Number 32 I think. 30 something anyway. 9th grader. Actually a little bigger than Charlie I think. Slashed em a little in his couple of opportunities. We seem to be in decent shape at RB. 

I saw some bright spots and I saw some stuff that bothered me. The revamped o-line needs some time to gel. They didn't look terrible, but, they damned sure need some work. I really like Trey McCoy. Big body with fairly quick feet and nice abilities. I felt like the Meads kid had a good night at center also. I really do think we have a decent line, they just need the practice, but, no real practice before Valdosta now. 

By region we will be very solid I think. 

I think that Xavier will settle in as well. He definitely overthrew at least one td and threw a couple in the dirt that I couldn't figure out really. I think just pressure at the time forced it. I loved the rumbling run by him for the td though. Reminded me of Steven Krajewski. Tall and kind of gangly but effective running. 

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think the Lowndes line is close to fair. I'd be tempted to take up a bet giving up 2 scores anyway. 

I wouldn't gamble one dirty dime on the Colquitt vs. Valdosta game. Not one! Anything can happen in that one. Battle of the defenses seems like a decent billing for the game. 

Look...you know...I know...the whole damn world knows...there is NO WAY Colquitt is favored in this game.

I'll have a bet.  I'm not gonna be able to get around it.  Being an honorary member of Wildcat Central has its detriments...LOL.  I'm trying for Colquitt plus 7...and the tie.  Don't know if I can get it or not.

But I'm gonna send you a private message with a secret.

And you can believe it...

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rufus69 said:

Look...you know...I know...the whole damn world knows...there is NO WAY Colquitt is favored in this game.

I'll have a bet.  I'm not gonna be able to get around it.  Being an honorary member of Wildcat Central has its detriments...LOL.  I'm trying for Colquitt plus 7...and the tie.  Don't know if I can get it or not.

But I'm gonna send you a private message with a secret.

And you can believe it...

Rufus>>

I was down stirring stuff up at Georgia Beer Company earlier today. Hahaha

It's kind of cool to see the folks down there excited again. Wearing their Valdosta Wildcats covid masks out and around so that I knew who to avoid and who to break beer mugs over their heads and all. xD

Normally I go to Pretoria Fields up in Albany, but, with the big game coming this Friday, I chose to go 45 miles south by southwest. :D

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What did you think about his little brother Nick Pace that came in late? Number 32 I think. 30 something anyway. 9th grader. Actually a little bigger than Charlie I think. Slashed em a little in his couple of opportunities. We seem to be in decent shape at RB. 

I saw some bright spots and I saw some stuff that bothered me. The revamped o-line needs some time to gel. They didn't look terrible, but, they damned sure need some work. I really like Trey McCoy. Big body with fairly quick feet and nice abilities. I felt like the Meads kid had a good night at center also. I really do think we have a decent line, they just need the practice, but, no real practice before Valdosta now. 

By region we will be very solid I think. 

I think that Xavier will settle in as well. He definitely overthrew at least one td and threw a couple in the dirt that I couldn't figure out really. I think just pressure at the time forced it. I loved the rumbling run by him for the td though. Reminded me of Steven Krajewski. Tall and kind of gangly but effective running. 

I'm not all that worried about X-Man.  He simply hasn't had the practice.  I'vr always said...I really like Z-Man...but at this point...I think we continue with the plan.  The O-Line is the O-Line.  It's always this way.  But they'll get better with experience.  We're fine at this point.  It's about the Region and the Playoffs.  And we just left the station...

Rufus>>

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Uniforms caught me off guard last night, I liked them. Defense was dominant. Offense looked shaky at times but made some plays. What happened to the backup Colquitt QB that came in and threw that nice TD last year? The game where ole buddy hurdled a man 

Zane Touchton is still here and saw some limited snaps last night. He had a few completions and an int. 

He's a good kid and qb but the new kid kind of won the initial start. It's been a heck of a qb battle the last few weeks and I know it was a tough decision for the coaches on who to give the start last night. Both kids have their upsides and down sides. I think the thought is that Xavier has more size advantage and upside as a senior this year while Zane is a junior and has put on some height but is lacking in the size dept. to Xavier. 

I don't have any inside info on the choice or how they made it, just thinking about how I would come to the decision myself.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

So did Xavier play any last year? 

Xavier was a back up at a school called Ola High School in McDonough, Georgia. Idk if he saw any playing time or not. 

Looking at his size, physical ability and all, idk why they wouldn't have worked with him up there and utilized him more. May be why they are basically an unknown team for the most part. Unless they had some really much better kid at the position, idk really. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Xavier was a back up at a school called Ola High School in McDonough, Georgia. Idk if he saw any playing time or not. 

Looking at his size, physical ability and all, idk why they wouldn't have worked with him up there and utilized him more. May be why they are basically an unknown team for the most part. Unless they had some really much better kid at the position, idk really. 

I understand now.  Just never heard that name till now. Sounds like a dual threat guy.

Just now, HooverOutlaw said:

I understand now.  Just never heard that name till now. Sounds like a dual threat guy.

He has some running ability for sure. Strong arm. Just hasn't had the practice with the team to be totally on with timing and playbook stuff. A little rough around the edges I guess is a good terminology. 

He had some nice film of some workouts throwing the ball showing his strength and all, but, as we know, that stuff is put the window when the defense is rushing you. 

All and all, I thought the kid was pretty decent. He should get better and better. We have some pretty good guys here working with him. Coaches Thornton and Caquelar are pretty good. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He has some running ability for sure. Strong arm. Just hasn't had the practice with the team to be totally on with timing and playbook stuff. A little rough around the edges I guess is a good terminology. 

He had some nice film of some workouts throwing the ball showing his strength and all, but, as we know, that stuff is put the window when the defense is rushing you. 

All and all, I thought the kid was pretty decent. He should get better and better. We have some pretty good guys here working with him. Coaches Thornton and Caquelar are pretty good. 

Just one of those things where you wished he could have had spring, summer and 7 on 7 workouts.  And hey...even some normal fall workouts would have been nice as well.  But...it was not meant to be.  So here we are...trial by fire.  As long as we're ready to go by Region...we'll be fine.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Just one of those things where you wished he could have had spring, summer and 7 on 7 workouts.  And hey...even some normal fall workouts would have been nice as well.  But...it was not meant to be.  So here we are...trial by fire.  As long as we're ready to go by Region...we'll be fine.

Rufus>>

Well, that’s puts you in the same boat as errrbody else. 

Keep em healthy!

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

It's no secret that many teams were holding practices and even playing games while our team was in quarantine. We've got a week of practice and one game under our belts to date.

I know that. The post insinuated other people have not followed protocol.

I asked if he knew something or was just venting.