Week Oct. 10th Excuse Thread

Sammyswordsman

DragonDad
Varsity
  •  
  •  

Yesterday, 10:39 PM
So, first of all, I would say that I have a tremendous respect for Duncanville as a program. Everything I have heard from my kid and from other players on our team supports the notion that D-ville players are well coached, high sportsmanship kids. And I agree, expecting any public school team to compete against what is basically a designed national all-star team of top recruits is unrealistic. Hats off to Duncanville for having played IMG in the first place (from a courage standpoint-- I think there is an argument to be made that public school teams should not bother with IMG and thereby encourage their nonsense).

All that said-- I hope Duncanville supporters can maybe see some parallels between D-Ville trying to compete with a national all-star team, and, for example, a 6A public school with 2000 fewer students enrolled and without the advantage of open enrollment trying to compete with Duncanville. It is not a fair fight, by any measure. The difference is, Duncanville doesn't have to play IMG, but 6A teams in the DFW area don't have much choice about trying to get past Duncanville. I don't know how to address that disparity, but it is without a doubt a disparity.
  • Like 2

ChapDad
All-State

•  
  •  

Yesterday, 01:42 PM

Originally posted by chhspantherfan View Post

IMGs 2s are equally awesome, must be nice. How many states does their roster have on it, or are they all from Florida?
I believe they offer football scholarships and have kids from all over the country. I don’t know how many different states are represented on the roster but would guess around a dozen

11 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:
DragonDad
Varsity
  •  
  •  

Yesterday, 10:39 PM
So, first of all, I would say that I have a tremendous respect for Duncanville as a program. Everything I have heard from my kid and from other players on our team supports the notion that D-ville players are well coached, high sportsmanship kids. And I agree, expecting any public school team to compete against what is basically a designed national all-star team of top recruits is unrealistic. Hats off to Duncanville for having played IMG in the first place (from a courage standpoint-- I think there is an argument to be made that public school teams should not bother with IMG and thereby encourage their nonsense).

All that said-- I hope Duncanville supporters can maybe see some parallels between D-Ville trying to compete with a national all-star team, and, for example, a 6A public school with 2000 fewer students enrolled and without the advantage of open enrollment trying to compete with Duncanville. It is not a fair fight, by any measure. The difference is, Duncanville doesn't have to play IMG, but 6A teams in the DFW area don't have much choice about trying to get past Duncanville. I don't know how to address that disparity, but it is without a doubt a disparity.

I guess its ok when you're the big fish in a small pond. It becomes a problem when you encounter another big fish.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Never heard these excuses after they beat DLS and SJC. DV should be revered and respected for wanting to challenge their boys against the best America has to offer. The excuses are a bad look. Accept defeat, move on and keep working hard towards a State Chip. 

Exactly,  you win some, you lose some. Either way, you earn respect by stepping onto the field and giving it your best.

• Like 1