New Slogan for Biden

Wildcat Will

SLPC excerpt. 

“Americans representing the diverse fabric of our nation turned out in record numbers over the last two months for a historic presidential election – standing with and for each other to overcome unprecedented challenges presented by the coronavirus pandemic and widespread voter suppression efforts.

Our democracy came under strain and attack, but we emerged with a result that undisputedly recognized the will of the people.

Despite attempts in some areas to make the process needlessly difficult, voting was orderly. While there was little time to plan, elections officials nationwide successfully responded to the pandemic, dramatically expanding in-person and early voting opportunities. Though we were prepared for it, threats of widespread voter intimidation by extremist groups did not materialize.

As the last remaining ballots are being counted, it is clear that the American people have chosen Joe Biden and Kamala Harris – the first woman, Black woman and Asian American to be elected vice president – to lead the nation. And while some of us may be disappointed in the wider results, the fact is, a majority of voters rejected another four years of Trumpism in favor of a new path.

Beyond the historic events unfolding in Georgia, Americans ushered in significant change across many states.

In Mississippi, voters replaced a state flag bearing a Confederate emblem with one featuring a magnolia and also removed a discriminatory Jim Crow-era requirement that statewide candidates receive both the majority vote and the most votes in each House district. In Florida, a gradual increase to a $15 minimum wage was approved. In Delaware, the nation’s first transgender state senator was elected, and for the first time in Kansas, a transgender candidate won a seat in the state House. In New York, voters elected the first openly gay Afro-Latino and openly gay Black members of Congress. In New Mexico, voters chose a U.S. House delegation composed wholly of women of color, another first for the country.

In Alabama, voters authorized the Legislature to remove racist language from their state’s constitution, and in Montgomery – the birthplace of the modern civil rights movement – a property tax was approved to raise critical funds for a public school system with a majority-Black student population. In the Sunbelt states, new, multiracial voter coalitions formed that could finally shift the balance of power. And throughout the nation, we saw rollbacks of the failed war on drugs, which succeeded only in filling prisons – disproportionately with people of color – in a country that is the world leader in incarceration.

We know this election season has been exhausting and overwhelming – mentally, emotionally, even physically, as so many of us put in long hours working and volunteering to ensure that everyone would have the opportunity to be heard at the ballot box.

But we must remember these hard-won victories are only one step in a long journey for our nation. There’s a great deal of work left to do.

It’s time for all of us to tackle the very real challenges our country faces, from the unrelenting COVID-19 pandemic to longstanding issues related to health care, economic justice, racial justice and corrosive white nationalism.

We have an opportunity to bring deep, meaningful change to our nation and people’s lives. As our presidential transition memo – Our Vision for a Just Future – outlines, we look forward to working with the Biden administration, our allies and the communities we serve to:

• Confront hate and build trust in democratic ideals;
  • Promote a fair and equitable criminal justice system while working to end mass incarceration;
  • Promote a just, humane and welcoming immigration system;
  • Expand ballot access and eliminate discriminatory barriers to voting;
  • Combat discrimination and promote health, safety and opportunity in the workplace, schools and communities.

We expect the Biden administration to bring a sense of fairness, humanity and decency to the White House and to the policies it implements.

We expect the attorney general and Justice Department to promote racial justice and represent the interests of the people. We expect administration officials to actively combat the pandemic, and to trust science and reason. We expect strong federal policies that protect women, immigrants and LGBTQ people from discrimination. We expect a president who works to heal our country’s wounds and stop the destructive spread of far-right extremism and dangerous conspiracy theories.

We want to thank each and every one of you for all you’ve done – no matter how big or small your actions may seem to you personally – to help create a national culture that demonstrated its unwavering commitment to democracy this week. We will never take that for granted. The work we do would not be possible without you.

We hope you’re able to find some time to rest and recharge in the coming days – because we’ll need you ready to join us as we work to ensure this victory fuels our movement to create a nation where there is justice and equity for all.

As Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg reminded us, “Real change, enduring change, happens one step at a time.”

In solidarity,

Seth Levi
Chief Program Strategy Officer”

bgw

• Like 1

Make America great for once is a better phrase. 

If you graded countries USA would be about 65 overall. Some americans think we are great because of countries that would grade out to bein in the 40-55 range. 

We aren't great and never have been. We are just better than the rest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Make America great for once is a better phrase. 

If you graded countries USA would be about 65 overall. Some americans think we are great because of countries that would grade out to bein in the 40-55 range. 

We aren't great and never have been. We are just better than the rest.

The fact that someone like you doesn’t think America is great is actual proof that it is great! 

America smokes out the pieces of shit like you. You are an isis dropout. They sent your ass home. Said you are too radical. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The fact that someone like you doesn’t think America is great is actual proof that it is great! 

America smokes out the pieces of shit like you. You are an isis dropout. They sent your ass home. Said you are too radical. 

This creature is not worth your time Nole.....He's a copy  and paste low information type....Devoid of historical context,unable to debate or validate what he copies...He never writes anything that has merit and is similar to the hapless and uneducated products that the Govt school system has produced for the last 30 or more years..Ask him how many Democrats founded the KKK and in what state...He would have to look it up....Don't respond to it, but i know,sometimes we have too...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Whites have never voted Democratic in the Presidential election....

Let that sink in. 

White Fragility seeking to preserve White Privilege at all costs. 

bgw

Maybe the majority doesn’t want to transform this country into some third world hell hole. But minorities are waking up too. 

just be glad the biggest election fraud in recorded history took place in your favor. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Maybe the majority doesn’t want to transform this country into some third world hell hole. But minorities are waking up too. 

just be glad the biggest election fraud in recorded history took place in your favor. 

You mean a nation of caring, respectful, mindful citizens that do the right things by their human brethren?

That remains to be seen, but the international audience rejoices in our selection. 

bgw

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

You mean a nation of caring, respectful, mindful citizens that do the right things by their human brethren?

That remains to be seen, but the international audience rejoices in our selection. 

bgw

Nothing makes me angrier! I wanna go back to the 1950’s!!!!!

FUCK!!!!!!!! I need a safe space. I don’t know where to go. Every other country has too strict immigration policies. I’m stuck here. I can’t breathe! 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

bgw

Britain wanted  to be that kind of nation...They wanted to sign a peace treaty with Hitler and "be kind to everybody"... Appeasement .....that Fla Gator eats you last.....So let's be kind and caring...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

FUCK!!!!!!!! I need a safe space. I don’t know where to go. Every other country has too strict immigration policies. I’m stuck here. I can’t breathe! 

Jerry Lee Lewis and Little Richard.....🤙🤙

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Heyyyyyyy Bro, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama are conservative. Oklahoma is oppressively conservative. 

The real whack job conservatives preppers , doomsday out in the woods, assault rifle types are out west in Idaho, Montana area. 

There’s plenty of room for everyone. 

bgw

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Hey, but those 50s good ol boys paid their share of taxes unlike the 1% of today.

bgw

• Haha 1