California vs St. John Bosco

BobbySanchez

7 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

And their schedule has not been great and those 2 ugly losses to Bosco really hurt their image.

Ehh I don't think their image is an issue.  They've lost more to Fl teams than to OOS teams.   Those two to DBP sucked, but their only other OOS loss was to nations #1 in 3OT.   

About 3 total inches and 2 judegment calls were the difference between STA being #1 in the nation last year and them having two losses.   They shoulda went undefeated to be honest, but sometimes shit happens :/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

I'll say it again, all roads to the state championship from the southern section...go through Corona!

you seem to forget that SJB and CC went toe to toe last year with a 2 point win for SJB. 

Agreed. And all roads to THE Open state championship go through Concord.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, old_e said:

If MD fixed their pass protection, then their game with SJB is a toss up.

Pass protection wasn't the main reason MD lost. SJB ran the ball something like a thousand times and MD could do nothing to stop it even though they knew it was coming. It was one of the most dominating performances of an O-line that I have seen. MD was pounded into submission. Should be different this year and the D-line and linebackers for MD will be more stout. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Pass protection wasn't the main reason MD lost. SJB ran the ball something like a thousand times and MD could do nothing to stop it even though they knew it was coming. It was one of the most dominating performances of an O-line that I have seen. MD was pounded into submission. Should be different this year and the D-line and linebackers for MD will be more stout. 

With one of the most prolific offense in the country, they should be able match score for score. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Agreed. And all roads to THE Open state championship go through Concord.

Agreed

DLS 7-4 now in SBGs, although were trampled last year

same guys back this year but that 175# center is now 190# of solid muscle etc

DLS competes in the "arms" race by hitting the gym not the recruiting trail 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Agreed

DLS 7-4 now in SBGs, although were trampled last year

same guys back this year but that 175# center is now 190# of solid muscle etc

DLS competes in the "arms" race by hitting the gym not the recruiting trail 

DLS is going to get after it this season. And they'll have the same guys coming back next year. I think they'll have about 15-16 returning starters.