Dear Grayson, can we not poach Jersey ballers .. thanks

imaGoodBoyNow

It’s funny that the only place for high profile football studs is always Grayson. 

If a guy South of Macon just looks at another school there are forfeits, suspensions and sanctions. They aren’t even allowed to look out the window when another school is in eye sight. 

But in Metro Atlanta they can actively recruit and the GHSA hands them hollow championship trophies for building all star teams. 

kids got hats and go on TV to pick between Grayson, Marietta and Brookwood. Always pick the Grayson hat. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

It’s funny that the only place for high profile football studs is always Grayson. 

If a guy South of Macon just looks at another school there are forfeits, suspensions and sanctions. They aren’t even allowed to look out the window when another school is in eye sight. 

But in Metro Atlanta they can actively recruit and the GHSA hands them hollow championship trophies for building all star teams. 

kids got hats and go on TV to pick between Grayson, Marietta and Brookwood. Always pick the Grayson hat. 

Did you hear about the 9-year old who committed to Grayson? That's the stuff I hate.

• Like 1

That’s just times we live in. Players don’t want to work hard and compete with their brothers they grew up with. 

They attend these 7on7s and camps and collectively decide to all star stack on one metro team to beat some neighborhood team in the title game for some fake trophy. It’s like winning something on steroids. 

Not everyone is playing by the same rules. Florida tried to change that and give the public’s the same opportunity to acquire talent as the privates. Georgia might need to follow suit but in their case, give the rural teams the same opportunity as the metro ones

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

Straight from the Newark, NJ Brick City Lions to Grayson, GA. Kid already has P5 offers too.. nice get for Grayson lol

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZflR6FWU5NXMw9jBszl8bz12xLdUSb1wb_zL7G5J0JMXj65hUC-gM4PKLLQkpOlUKbVegdgHy&usqp=CAc

Kid already got a happy meal at ole miss already and he hasn’t even stepped foot in HS yet

i do feel sometype of way ,  because brick city is the feeder program for all the top BNU schools, and now graysons putting their hands in the cookie jar and picking out the best cookies in the jar and leaving the crumbs 

21 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I don't agree with you...hardly ever...practically never...BUT...

...that's pretty close to being Gospel.

Rufus>>

• Haha 3

I get why Grayson does it. They have immunity with the GHSA. There is no honor amongst thieves. A child will do as wrong as the parent allows them to. So you can’t blame Grayson for having the inside connections to dodge sanctions. 

Maybe a prominent GHSA higher up has a son who is third string on Grayson. He has to slide around on the field after the game to pretend he played. He gets a ring too and it makes small pecker dad at the GHSA feel better about his inferior genetics 

32 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I get why Grayson does it. They have immunity with the GHSA. There is no honor amongst thieves. A child will do as wrong as the parent allows them to. So you can’t blame Grayson for having the inside connections to dodge sanctions. 

Maybe a prominent GHSA higher up has a son who is third string on Grayson. He has to slide around on the field after the game to pretend he played. He gets a ring too and it makes small pecker dad at the GHSA feel better about his inferior genetics 

I’ve listened to that Georgia podcast, there’s a alarming rate of parents calling in , saying they fine with recruiting, win at all cost mentality 

I’m ok with the win at all cost mentality as long as everyone competing for the same Championship is playing by the same rules. It appears in Georgia all of the member schools are not playing by the same rules. That’s pretty much a handicap. 

It’s like faking a disability and entering the special olympics. Yeah you might win, but hell is your only destination afterwards 😂

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Question

is Grayson open enrollment or is NEwark NJ  now part of northern Georgia 

DE71D631-D8F8-4B16-999A-B15EFC98BCF8.jpeg

Gonna tell you right now... Atlanta and the Metro don't want Newark... 

Bridgeport doesn't want Newark

Detroit doesn't want Newark... 

Fresno doesn't want Newark... 

New Jersey doesn't want Newark... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Gonna tell you right now... Atlanta and the Metro don't want Newark... 

Bridgeport doesn't want Newark

Detroit doesn't want Newark... 

Fresno doesn't want Newark... 

New Jersey doesn't want Newark... 

that’s the reason y their pop Warner team is one of the most sought after kids , the parents don’t want their kid growing up In the Newark school system 

some of the nicest kids you’ll meet, but they built different than the other kids on the BNU teams

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

That’s just times we live in. Players don’t want to work hard and compete with their brothers they grew up with. 

They attend these 7on7s and camps and collectively decide to all star stack on one metro team to beat some neighborhood team in the title game for some fake trophy. It’s like winning something on steroids. 

Not everyone is playing by the same rules. Florida tried to change that and give the public’s the same opportunity to acquire talent as the privates. Georgia might need to follow suit but in their case, give the rural teams the same opportunity as the metro ones

Rural teams have the exact same opportunities to "acquire" talent as the metro.  The problem for them is employment and housing opportunities aren't what they are in the metro area.  There is nothing GHSA or the GA legislature can do about that.  For many, the choice between a thriving metro area with lots of jobs and housing from the low end to the high end, limitless opportunities, and lots of other things to do entertainment wise vs limited jobs, limited housing, limited opportunities, and not a huge amount of other things to do is a no brainer.  I fully understand that for some, they much prefer the small town life and I get that.  For most, especially if they are high profile, they want to be where the majority of the action is.  While I think I would like small town life, the opportunities for employment in my field are non-existent in a small town unless it is someplace that has a large institution such as a university or large, high end medical center.  I know the cost of living is less here than in NJ but I think that would be a hard choice to go from the average NJ salary to the average rural GA salary.

• Like 2

The jealousy and hurt shown here is amazing.  Hey @imaGoodBoyNow, if NJ football is all that and a bag of chips, why would a kid want to come to Grayson?  I mean to hear you and others talk about, the pinnacle of HS football is NJ BNU.  What would make a family pick up everything and move 1,000 miles when the best is right down the street already?  Inquiring minds want to know!